• Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  860
  • Content Per Day:  0.47
  • Days Won:  0

3 minutes ago, pinacled said:

Awesome response...

You are a blessing 

Servants of God not of men, they are who He spares, and if we spare ourselves, we thought we were blessed..

Luke 16:15 And he said unto them, Ye are they which justify yourselves before men; but God knoweth your hearts: for that which is highly esteemed among men is abomination in the sight of God.

1 Corinthians 7:23 Ye are bought with a price; be not ye the servants of men.

Ephesians 6:6 Not with eyeservice, as menpleasers; but as the servants of Christ, doing the will of God from the heart;

Malachi 3:5 And now we call the proud happy; yea, they that work wickedness are set up; yea, they that tempt God are even delivered.
16 Then they that feared the Lord spake often one to another: and the Lord hearkened, and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before him for them that feared the Lord, and that thought upon his name.
17 And they shall be mine, saith the Lord of hosts, in that day when I make up my jewels; and I will spare them, as a man spareth his own son that serveth him.
18 Then shall ye return, and discern between the righteous and the wicked, between him that serveth God and him that serveth him not.
  • This is Worthy 2

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2

5 minutes ago, pinacled said:

how do 9 fruits of the Spirit come from a single seed of promise?

bet, bet, hei

Because they all come from one shepherd and that is God who grows in us unto an Holy termple in the :Lord

Ecclesiastes 12:11 The words of the wise are as goads, and as nailsfastened by the masters of assemblies, which are given from one shepherd.

Ephesians 2:20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;
21 In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord:
22 In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,224
  • Content Per Day:  3.34
  • Days Won:  30

My pastor always gives this example.  He has fruit trees in his yard.  He says that to produce fruit, the branch just has to stay a part of the tree.  If he goes out in the yard, he doesn't hear them grunting to grow fruit, they don't strive or work at it, they just remain connected to the tree and soak in the sunshine.  

We don't need to work at acting like Jesus.  We just have to allow His life to flow through us just as the branch gets its nourishment from the tree.  

Corrie tenBoom wrote a book called "Not Good if Detached".  The cover shows a ticket with a stub, and the words "not good if detached" are printed on the stub.  It is true, without Him we can do nothing.  He is the One doing the work in us and through us.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 2

40 minutes ago, pinacled said:

And with a new name the stone(jewel of remembrance will remind the faithful of the promised good soil of fruits and seeds to further come.

If only a tithe were to be given.

Perhaps then the faithful would be like the...

Exodus 19:5 Now therefore, if ye will obey my voice indeed, and keep my covenant, then ye shall be a peculiar treasure unto me above all people: for all the earth is mine:

1 Peter 2:5 Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.
6 Wherefore also it is contained in the scripture, Behold, I lay in Sion a chief corner stone, elect, precious: and he that believeth on him shall not be confounded.
7 Unto you therefore which believe he is precious: but unto them which be disobedient, the stone which the builders disallowed, the same is made the head of the corner,
8 And a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offence, even to them which stumble at the word, being disobedient: whereunto also they were appointed.
9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light;
10 Which in time past were not a people, but are now the people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy.

Titus 2:14 Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.
  • Praise God! 2

15 minutes ago, Willa said:

My pastor always gives this example.  He has fruit trees in his yard.  He says that to produce fruit, the branch just has to stay a part of the tree.  If he goes out in the yard, he doesn't hear them grunting to grow fruit, they don't strive or work at it, they just remain connected to the tree and soak in the sunshine.  

We don't need to work at acting like Jesus.  We just have to allow His life to flow through us just as the branch gets its nourishment from the tree.  

Corrie tenBoom wrote a book called "Not Good if Detached".  The cover shows a ticket with a stub, and the words "not good if detached" are printed on the stub.  It is true, without Him we can do nothing.  He is the One doing the work in us and through us.

Its called zeal

Isaiah 61:3 To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the Lord, that he might be glorified.

Ephesians 6:13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

Isaiah 59:17 For he put on righteousness as a breastplate, and an helmet of salvation upon his head; and he put on the garments of vengeance for clothing, and was clad with zeal as a cloak.

2 Corinthians 7:11 For behold this selfsame thing, that ye sorrowed after a godly sort, what carefulness it wrought in you, yea, what clearing of yourselves, yea, what indignation, yea, what fear, yea, what vehement desire, yea, what zeal, yea, what revenge! In all things ye have approved yourselves to be clear in this matter.

Galatians 4:18 But it is good to be zealously affected always in a good thing, and not only when I am present with you.

Titus 2:14 Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

Revelation 3:19 As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,224
  • Content Per Day:  3.34
  • Days Won:  30

Saul was zealous about persecuting Christians.  After his conversion he became zealous to spread the Gospel.  God in us is love--compassion.  If only we were that zealous in compassion for both unbelievers and our brothers and sisters in Christ.

• This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  38
  • Topic Count:  365
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  8,700
  • Content Per Day:  3.93
  • Days Won:  64

He is in us as believers but he cautions us to remain in Him. Meaning, not to wander I think. Although fruit does not wander. It does need to stay connected and get water..and get plenty of light. ..If we remain in him we will bear  much fruit. Sorry on phone. Think that's in the book of John. We sure cant do anything good without Him. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1,192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  7,264
  • Content Per Day:  1.19
  • Days Won:  194

4 minutes ago, Amanda 10 said:

He us in us as believers but he cautions us to remain in Him. Meaning, not to wander I think. If we remain in him we will be a much fruit. Sorry on phone. Think that's in the book of John. We sure cant do anything good without Him. 

@Amanda 10 Amen. Is this the one you are sharing about, sister?

"Remain in me, as I also remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me." (John 4:15)

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

John 15:5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

John 7:38 He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.

Revelation 7:17 For the Lamb which is in the midst of the throne shall feed them, and shall lead them unto living fountains of waters: and God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes.

Revelation 22:1 And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb.In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.

John 12:35 Then Jesus said unto them, Yet a little while is the light with you. Walk while ye have the light, lest darkness come upon you: for he that walketh in darkness knoweth not whither he goeth.

John 12:36 While ye have light, believe in the light, that ye may be the children of light. These things spake Jesus, and departed, and did hide himself from them.

Revelation 21:23 And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.

Revelation 22:5 And there shall be no night there; and they need nocandle, neither light of the sun; for the Lord God giveth them light: and they shall reign for ever and ever.
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  38
  • Topic Count:  365
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  8,700
  • Content Per Day:  3.93
  • Days Won:  64

16 minutes ago, turtletwo said:

@Amanda 10 Amen. Is this the one you are sharing about, sister?

"Remain in me, as I also remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me." (John 4:15)

Yes, thank you dearest turtle.

• Loved it! 2