• Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

On ‎5‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 9:32 AM, Jayne said:

I think so.

Scripture breaks it down a little.

•  Jesus "became" sin.  1 Corinthians 5:21
  •  Jesus because a curse for us in our place.  Galatians 3:13
  •  Jesus was crushed and smitten for our sins.  Isaiah 53:4-5

OH my dear loved sister ,  their is no think,  WE KNOW HE DID .   NOW LIFT THOSE HANDS UP and HOLLER OUT PRAISES to the LORD till the cows come home

the turkeys roost and the sun sets in the east .   Always and forever shall we be praising our LORD .    here and in eternity .   ITS a hands up praise fest to the LORD .

• Praise God! 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

7 hours ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

OH my dear loved sister ,  their is no think,  WE KNOW HE DID .   NOW LIFT THOSE HANDS UP and HOLLER OUT PRAISES to the LORD till the cows come home

the turkeys roost and the sun sets in the east .   Always and forever shall we be praising our LORD .    here and in eternity .   ITS a hands up praise fest to the LORD .

Friend, I love the way you rejoice in the Lord.  It just puts a big grin on my face!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.67
  • Days Won:  0

17 hours ago, francesco said:

I see that you have already obtained many excellent answers to your question concerning Jesus receiving punishment for our sins.  I'll not reiterate this point further.  I would like, however, to invite you to pray daily for openness to the holy spirit - the spirit of truth.  Of course, written scripture as always is the primary usual source for our information regarding spiritual matters.  But, daily prayer and the fostering of an openness to God's truth rendered in a direct manner (the basis of mysticism) will give you an insight not readily obtainable through intellectual avenues.  In my experience this does take time and requires a fundamental change in the way we perceive truth.  It is worth the effort though to be able to say we "know".  May the peace and joy of Christ be with you. 

Yes, if 100% of such truth and revelation is tested. How, do you think, do we test our insights here?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  56
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

Dear Billiards Ball (love the moniker), thanks for commenting on my post.  Yes, discernment of Truth vs what we may believe to be truth can very well lead one down a difficult path.  Stepping out into the unknown is a scary thing.  The receipt of the holy spirit requires an act of faith on our part.  It is vitally important to maintain purity of intent and a sense of deep trust in God.  He who knows our every intent will not forsake us.  However, we live in the natural world and are prone to question and doubt.  It believe that if truth and revelation need be tested, examining them within the context of the two great commandments can help to ally our fears of misinterpretation.  If our notions do not conflict with the tenets to love God with our whole mind, heart, and soul and to treat our neighbor as we would have him treat us, then we may rest assured that we should be heading in the right direction.  It's a journey, the greatest one we'll ever take.  Yes, it will be fraught with danger, but He will always provide the necessary grace to those who pursue with purity of heart.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1,192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  7,264
  • Content Per Day:  1.19
  • Days Won:  194

On 5/18/2019 at 7:58 AM, LeeGreenForest said:

Would it be correct to say that Jesus received the punishment for our sins? 

I wanted to make sure my wording was accurate.

@LeeGreenForest I commend you on this. I think it wise to be careful our wordings are backed by scripture. It's ideal to find a scripture with the exact wording. But other times, the concept  is there even when the word is not.

I'm quoting a Messianic passage (Isaiah 53:4-6) which foretold His crucifixion. You will see the word 'punishment' in there.  

"Surely he took up our pain and bore our suffering, yet we considered him punished by God, stricken by him, and afflicted. But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; 

the punishment that brought us peace was on him, and by his wounds we are healed. We all, like sheep, have gone astray, each of us has turned to our own way; and the Lord has laid on him the iniquity of us all." 

Hope this helps some. :)

Edited by turtletwo
typo

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  115
  • Content Per Day:  0.21

2 hours ago, turtletwo said:

@LeeGreenForest I commend you on this. I think it wise to be careful our wordings are backed by scripture. It's ideal to find a scripture with the exact wording. But other times, the concept  is there even when the word is not.

I'm quoting a Messianic passage (Isaiah 53:4-6) which foretold His crucifixion. You will see the word 'punishment' in there.  

"Surely he took up our pain and bore our suffering, yet we considered him punished by God, stricken by him, and afflicted. But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; 

the punishment that brought us peace was on him, and by his wounds we are healed. We all, like sheep, have gone astray, each of us has turned to our own way; and the Lord has laid on him the iniquity of us all." 

Hope this helps some. :)

Would you say my wording was accurate?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1,192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  7,264
  • Content Per Day:  1.19
  • Days Won:  194

1 hour ago, LeeGreenForest said:

Yes. Scripture describes what Jesus did at the cross in other ways, too.

"God presented Christ as a sacrifice of atonement, through the shedding of his blood--to be received by faith." (Romans 3:25)

*His resurrection is a vital aspect of His finished work

As Romans 5: says, "Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him. For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by *his life. And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement." (Romans 5:9-11)

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

8 hours ago, LeeGreenForest said:

Perhaps incomplete: Jesus reconciled that which is irreconcilable.

apokatallassō

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  115
  • Content Per Day:  0.21

I have another question about wording.

Would it be correct to say that Jesus was punished for our sins?

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  897
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,621
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

On 5/18/2019 at 7:58 AM, LeeGreenForest said:

Would it be correct to say that Jesus received the punishment for our sins?

Isaiah 52:13-53:12

Psalm 22

John 3:16-18