• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

2 hours ago, LadyKay said:

I'm sorry. I found out today that it was a misunderstanding on my part. It seems there was a sighn up sheet that I did not know about. I feel bad that I posted this now. But I guess it is a good topic to talk about.

That is why you need to ask.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

4 hours ago, LadyKay said:

I'm sorry. I found out today that it was a misunderstanding on my part. It seems there was a sighn up sheet that I did not know about. I feel bad that I posted this now. But I guess it is a good topic to talk about.

Oh for life's "issues" to be so easily resolved eh? No need to feel bad though instead be glad that  it was as it was, just a failure to sign up.

Could be like me and miss the cancelation notice- ha embarrassing. "Where is everybody have I arrived first?"

Or worse;  "What do you mean  dressing up for halloween  was just for the littler kids?" I once sat  in a clown suit in a class full of regularly dressed students at a new to me school after misunderstanding a public address notice on the day before to wear costumes the next day was for the lower grades only. I wanted to fit in. Yeah sure, I fit in. I upped and walked home at lunch.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,280
  • Content Per Day:  1.25
  • Days Won:  2

19 hours ago, LadyKay said:

Yes. It did happen. I found out about the "get together " by photos posted on Facebook. All the ladies I know from church were there and no one told me anything about it. I am thinking that I was just over looked. So I am not really mad or anything like that. I just feel kind of I guess like forgotten? I also felt it would make a good topic for discussion. So that's the story of what happened.

There are really only a couple of reasons I can think of this happened.  One was an oversight.  The other is it was on purpose because they really didn't want you there.  I think you are right to give them the benefit of the doubt.  Even if it was on purpose, what good will come from a confrontation?

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,280
  • Content Per Day:  1.25
  • Days Won:  2

8 hours ago, LadyKay said:

I am glad that is all it was.  :)

• This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  5

11 hours ago, LadyKay said:

Isn’t it great when what looks to be a  terrible thing is coming down the road it turns out to be much ado about nothing? It happens all the time to me......Like Truman said..... “ If you see ten bad things coming down the road at you, nine of them usually fall in a ditch “

Edited by Blood Bought 1953
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.94
  • Days Won:  3

15 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Isn’t it great when what looks to be a  terrible thing is coming down the road it turns out to be much ado about nothing? It happens all the time to me......Like Truman said..... “ If you see ten bad things coming down the road at you, nine of them usually fall in a ditch “

Really I should had known better. The church ladies have been so good to me.  A few months back when my husband had his heart attack; the ladies got together and organized a food drive for me.  Some even gave gift cards and some money that I used to help pay the rent.  I see now how easy it is to be fooled when the devil whispers into your ear. Over all this was a teaching moment for me. :D

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,009
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,202
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

On 5/19/2019 at 7:41 AM, LadyKay said:

Don't worry about it...it was an honest mistake.

3 hours ago, LadyKay said:

Really I should had known better. The church ladies have been so good to me.  A few months back when my husband had his heart attack; the ladies got together and organized a food drive for me.  Some even gave gift cards and some money that I used to help pay the rent.  I see now how easy it is to be fooled when the devil whispers into your ear. Over all this was a teaching moment for me. :D

What a wonderful bunch of ladies!!   You are really blessed to be in that fellowship!

Hope your husband is doing better!

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  239
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,542
  • Content Per Day:  0.77
  • Days Won:  0

On 5/18/2019 at 11:59 PM, LadyKay said:

Yes. It did happen. I found out about the "get together " by photos posted on Facebook. All the ladies I know from church were there and no one told me anything about it. I am thinking that I was just over looked. So I am not really mad or anything like that. I just feel kind of I guess like forgotten? I also felt it would make a good topic for discussion. So that's the story of what happened.

Im sorry you werent invited. Im often overlooked at church as well which is why I stay home.

• Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  471
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,541
  • Content Per Day:  2.30
  • Days Won:  9

Life is a popularity contest.  But in christ we are all beloved.