Pekoudah

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  302
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  1

So this is a spin-off thread from "Maturity in Christ"...

We can't speak about any kind of spiritual maturity without speaking of the narrow gateway of being crucified with Christ. The narrow path that follows in this now resurrected life of abiding in Jesus is as we remain a living sacrifice allowing our flesh to remain crucified so that Jesus can live His life through us. It's a tall order and very difficult. It goes against the grain of our need for freedom and autonomy. Few will want to do this and even when they who think they would want to prove unable to remain in that crucified state.

But we can encourage one another to press forward in this high calling in the Lord. If there were more of us that were willing and able to walk that narrow path...more of us would succeed...and the face of the world would change.

Everybody wants to see change but nobody wants the change to depend on their faithfulness to the high calling in Christ.

When we turn to God in a full surrender He inspects us...to see how willing we are to embark on a walk IN Christ. If He deems we are..then He crucifies us with Christ. This is not something we can do. Jesus didn't crucify Himself either...others did. But when we are crucified with Jesus it isn't others doing it...it is God by the Spirit doing it.

Why would we want such a thing?

it is only as we allow our lives to be taken from us...that we receive His divine life to be lived through us.

Gal. 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

No longer our life...no longer our faith....but still we retain our free will to stop the process when we want to. God doesn't hold us by force. It must be willingly...lovingly.

But how long can we last in such a precarious lifestyle? How long can we tolerate living sacrificially?

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,188
  • Content Per Day:  1.44

1 hour ago, Pekoudah said:

So this is a spin-off thread from "Maturity in Christ"...

We can't speak about any kind of spiritual maturity without speaking of the narrow gateway of being crucified with Christ. The narrow path that follows in this now resurrected life of abiding in Jesus is as we remain a living sacrifice allowing our flesh to remain crucified so that Jesus can live His life through us. It's a tall order and very difficult. It goes against the grain of our need for freedom and autonomy. Few will want to do this and even when they who think they would want to prove unable to remain in that crucified state.

But we can encourage one another to press forward in this high calling in the Lord. If there were more of us that were willing and able to walk that narrow path...more of us would succeed...and the face of the world would change.

Everybody wants to see change but nobody wants the change to depend on their faithfulness to the high calling in Christ.

When we turn to God in a full surrender He inspects us...to see how willing we are to embark on a walk IN Christ. If He deems we are..then He crucifies us with Christ. This is not something we can do. Jesus didn't crucify Himself either...others did. But when we are crucified with Jesus it isn't others doing it...it is God by the Spirit doing it.

Why would we want such a thing?

it is only as we allow our lives to be taken from us...that we receive His divine life to be lived through us.

Gal. 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

No longer our life...no longer our faith....but still we retain our free will to stop the process when we want to. God doesn't hold us by force. It must be willingly...lovingly.

But how long can we last in such a precarious lifestyle? How long can we tolerate living sacrificially?

Hi Pekoudah,I enjoy your posts for I see in them a heart that has and is willing to search after their personal relationship with Christ. If you would allow me to speak on a few thoughts I would be most honored. 

Our death in Christ ( the crucified life) is not something special. It is the foundation of our salvation in Christ. All Christians by virtue of being joined with Christ are dead in Christ. Walking in newness of life, which is the purpose of our salvation, is for all Christians fro the feeblest ones to the strongest ones. 

This walking in newness of life, it is simplest thing that a Good God could possibly have made for the salvation of His creatures that He made in His image. Nothing in all creation could possibly be simpler. It is accessed by the faith of the heart turned toward God. To believe in what Christ did  by taking us to death with Him on the cross. To reckon ourselves dead unto sin and alive unto God, once tasted and known by experience to be the way of God, brings the heart such joy, such peace, such freedom from the dictates of their fallen nature. That the command to reckon ourselves dead unto sin and alive unto God becomes our life line to receive all good things from God. 

For the just shall live by faith. 

Faith in the simplicity of the Gospel of Christ which is  as you stated “yet I live, yet not I but Christ who lives in me”.

Thank you for hearing me out. That today we might know Christ a little more than yesterday and tomorrow more still. 

Blessings, 

Much love in Christ, Not me

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, Betha said:

It would seem to me that the 'high calling' which demands a sacrificed life is to those whom GOD predestinates, elects and calls.....not to just anyone YET. Did not Yashua say HE chose the Disciples, they did not choose Him ? Why is that ? Because HE is looking for a certain trait/quality in a person who has stamina and also an obedient humble heart that will without argument ACCEPT HIS instructions.

I'm only guessing here, but maybe God is at first only dealing with such as will be in the 1st Resurrection and are having the hardest time in overcoming while satan and his demons are still very active in this world. 

We know that others will also get their chance of eternal life....but every man in their own ORDER 1Cor 15v22,23. 

CLAY needs to be in a certain condition before it can be perfectly shaped and moulded by the Potter according to HIS Will. If Clay is too brittle or too soft it will be useless and buckle and crumble in the Kiln/trial  and testing by fire.( NOT the lake of fire).

I like where you are going with this. There are conditions to God's intervention....besides faith. Those conditions are a pure heart (shalem) and clean hands (tamim). (Ps. 24:3,4) In the OT this did not lead to a sacrificial life nor a resurrection life...since Jesus was not yet glorified and so His gift of grace was not yet available to men.

In the NT we have a new level of life...in perfection (teleos). The pre-requisites for entering into teleos are the exact same but these can be obtained through repentance and faith towards God. IOW we come to God in whatever condition so we can be forgiven and enter into His training....through perfection in Christ.

What is this perfection?

Jesus said that we were to be teleos as God is teleos (Mat. 5:48). Teleos brings us back to the original condition of God's creation in HIS image. But at a higher level. So then to be perfect as God is perfect means we are back to His original image. We throw off the old man...conformed to the devil and this world...and put on the new man...created in the IMAGE of holiness and righteousness.

This is to be without sin...washed in the blood of Christ...clean and pure....without spot or wrinkle. This was Adam's condition BEFORE the fall.

But we can't return to that previous state...without Christ. In fact, we can only BE teleos as we abide in Him. It is never our permanent condition..because it is not US but Christ. It is HIS life not our own. Left to ourselves we return to the Adamic weakness.

So then we can ALL be tranformed into God's image by putting on Christ in that walk. But only through the cross of Christ.

And we are to present EVERY man teleos in Christ (Col. 1:28) So this seemingly impossible standard is to become the norm of the church that is in His name.

Edited by Pekoudah
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

12 minutes ago, Not me said:

Our death in Christ ( the crucified life) is not something special. It is the foundation of our salvation in Christ. All Christians by virtue of being joined with Christ are dead in Christ. Walking in newness of life, which is the purpose of our salvation, is for all Christians fro the feeblest ones to the strongest ones. 

Well it is special...but it is no longer common. Betha has the right idea about this. How many believers do you know that no longer say or do anything that is mortal? How many walk as Jesus walked?  without any spot of sin? If you tell me this is the normal walk of a saint...I would agree with you. But to say that everyone is walking as dead to themselves...I would say the opposite is true.

We must get away from theory and bring faith into reality.

15 minutes ago, Not me said:

This walking in newness of life, it is simplest thing that a Good God could possibly have made for the salvation of His creatures that He made in His image. Nothing in all creation could possibly be simpler. It is accessed by the faith of the heart turned toward God. To believe in what Christ did  by taking us to death with Him on the cross. To reckon ourselves dead unto sin and alive unto God, once tasted and known by experience to be the way of God, brings the heart such joy, such peace, such freedom from the dictates of their fallen nature. That the command to reckon ourselves dead unto sin and alive unto God becomes our life line to receive all good things from God. 

For the just shall live by faith. 

Faith in the simplicity of the Gospel of Christ which is  as you stated “yet I live, yet not I but Christ who lives in me”.

Thank you for hearing me out. That today we might know Christ a little more than yesterday and tomorrow more still. 

Blessings, 

Amen! Blessings to you! :)

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,188
  • Content Per Day:  1.44

15 minutes ago, Pekoudah said:

Well it is special...but it is no longer common. Betha has the right idea about this. How many believers do you know that no longer say or do anything that is mortal? How many walk as Jesus walked?  without any spot of sin? If you tell me this is the normal walk of a saint...I would agree with you. But to say that everyone is walking as dead to themselves...I would say the opposite is true.

We must get away from theory and bring faith into reality.

Amen! Blessings to you! :)

Thank you for hearing me out. May God quicken truths to our hearts. 

Blessings, 

Edited by Not me

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  839
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Days Won:  0

Amen I agree :)

• Group:  Non-Trinitarian
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  160
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

6 hours ago, Betha said:

It would seem to me that the 'high calling' which demands a sacrificed life is to those whom GOD predestinates, elects and calls.....not to just anyone YET. Did not Yashua say HE chose the Disciples, they did not choose Him ? Why is that ? Because HE is looking for a certain trait/quality in a person who has stamina and also an obedient humble heart that will without argument ACCEPT HIS instructions.

I'm only guessing here, but maybe God is at first only dealing with such as will be in the 1st Resurrection and are having the hardest time in overcoming while satan and his demons are still very active in this world. 

AMEN! Very well put. You are exactly right. Most of what has been taking place in the earth for the past 200 years, is for the perfecting of the Elect of God, those He "predestined to be conformed into the image of His Son", the "brothers of Christ." This is NOT all church-goers but a remnant that Christ CHOSE. Yes, He called many, but CHOSE only a few then, just as He is doing today. Then those who were called and chosen must remain "faithful" if they are to "walk with Him in white" for these are "worthy." 

"He is Lord of lords and King of kings; and those who are with Him are called, chosen, and faithful.”
- Rev 17:"14

"They shall walk with Me in white, for they are worthy."
- Rev 3:4

These are the "saviors" of Obadiah 1:21, the "sons of God" whom creation has been groaning for (Rom 8:19), those who will inherit the nations and minister healing and Life to them in Eternity when New Jerusalem is established on the earth. (Luke 19:17, Rom 8:16-17, Rev 22:2)
THESE are the First Resurrection saints, who 'overcame" and will "inherit all things." THIS is what 1Thess 4 is speaking of: a coming of the saints to receive their bodies, dethrone the principalities and rulers of darkness "in the air" and as Christ's "suitable helper" establish His rule upon the earth. And the rest of mankind, including the bulk of church-goers, will be raised at the Second Resurrection and be judged by Christ & His Elect (The Sheep & Goats parable Truth)

Oh, I get excited when I find others who have even similar understanding about things Eternal! 

Blessings to you as you walk with Jesus,
Michael

• Thumbs Up 1

30 minutes ago, Michael (limmuwd) said:

AMEN! Very well put. You are exactly right. Most of what has been taking place in the earth for the past 200 years, is for the perfecting of the Elect of God, those He "predestined to be conformed into the image of His Son", the "brothers of Christ." This is NOT all church-goers but a remnant that Christ CHOSE. Yes, He called many, but CHOSE only a few then, just as He is doing today. Then those who were called and chosen must remain "faithful" if they are to "walk with Him in white" for these are "worthy." 

"He is Lord of lords and King of kings; and those who are with Him are called, chosen, and faithful.”
- Rev 17:"14

"They shall walk with Me in white, for they are worthy."
- Rev 3:4

These are the "saviors" of Obadiah 1:21, the "sons of God" whom creation has been groaning for (Rom 8:19), those who will inherit the nations and minister healing and Life to them in Eternity when New Jerusalem is established on the earth. (Luke 19:17, Rom 8:16-17, Rev 22:2)
THESE are the First Resurrection saints, who 'overcame" and will "inherit all things." THIS is what 1Thess 4 is speaking of: a coming of the saints to receive their bodies, dethrone the principalities and rulers of darkness "in the air" and as Christ's "suitable helper" establish His rule upon the earth. And the rest of mankind, including the bulk of church-goers, will be raised at the Second Resurrection and be judged by Christ & His Elect (The Sheep & Goats parable Truth)

Oh, I get excited when I find others who have even similar understanding about things Eternal! 

Blessings to you as you walk with Jesus,
Michael

Amen brother. Not too many realize this. We are to strive for a better resurrection...which is the first one.  The resurrection of the saints. Holiness is required...those who have their works unto teleos...perfection.

In Mat 25 (sheep goats GWT) the people will be judged on how they treated the saints...on 2 levels. The world will be judged for how they treated the saints AND the church goers who were not holy. If believers acted against the saints they will go into outer darkness (shame).

If they were not believers but despised the brethren of the Lord...they are cast into the lake of fire. That is why it says the ambiguous.. "to everlasting punishment"...and not either the lake of fire or outer darkness.

So then the righteous of the saved nations are all together since God does not judge us by our beliefs but by our works.

Those who fear His name and do what is right are accepted of Him...in all nations.

Acts 10:35But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him.

Not that they walked in a manner so as to please God...that takes faith! The faith OF Christ that leads to a walk in teleos....the perfection of Christ which is by grace through faith. The gift of His perfect walk by the Spirit.

Edited by Pekoudah
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 2

• Group:  Non-Trinitarian
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  160
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

22 minutes ago, Pekoudah said:

Amen brother. Not too many realize this. We are to strive for a better resurrection...which is the first one.  The resurrection of the saints. Holiness is required...those who have their works unto teleos...perfection.

In Mat 25 (sheep goats GWT) the people will be judged on how they treated the saints...on 2 levels. The world will be judged for how they treated the saints AND the church goers who were not holy. If believers acted against the saints they will go into outer darkness (shame).

If they were not believers but despised the brethren of the Lord...they are cast into the lake of fire. That is why it says the ambiguous.. "to everlasting punishment"...and not either the lake of fire or outer darkness.

So then the righteous of the saved nations are all together since God does not judge us by our beliefs but by our works.

Those who fear His name and do what is right are accepted of Him...in all nations.

Acts 10:35But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him.

Not that they walked in a manner so as to please God...that takes faith! The faith OF Christ that leads to a walk in teleos....the perfection of Christ which is by grace through faith. The gift of His perfect walk by the Spirit.

Man, I love the confirmation I receive on things I believe that so many others do not see. You are correct. The parable of the Sheep & Goats, as well as the Ten Virgins and many other of Jesus' parables just don't fit our modern doctrines today. Then again, Jesus did say that most wouldn't understand, but the meaning would be given to those who truly followed Him. I've heard to said that Jesus taught in parable stories so people would remember them. But what did Jesus actually say - 

"To you (His closest disciples) it has been given to know the mystery of the kingdom of God; but to those who are outside, all things come in parables, 12 so that
‘Seeing they may see and not perceive,
And hearing they may hear and not understand;
Lest they should turn,
And their sins be forgiven them.’ ”

- Mark 4:11-12

Now THAT just does not fit into our current evangelical churches AT ALL! Yet it is what the Lord said more than once. 

I have done several video teachings on Jesus' Parables, and I pray that I have the "mind of Christ" as I share. Wish I could share them on this site but they like to keep video's short, and I usually average 40 minutes or so. But I've posted them on my website, and on Youtube as well, (Kingdom of God videos) for any who might be interested. 

Continued Blessings, Wisdom and Understanding to you, brother, and all who partake of Christ daily. 

• Thumbs Up 3

Gal. 5:24 And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.

A crucial verse.....with an ambiguity. The translation of this verse implies that WE are to do the crucifying. But that's not how the Greek goes....which says...They that are Christ's have had the flesh crucified.

The ambiguity is in the lack of a direct link in the wording as to who exactly is doing the crucifying.

Now nobody can crucify themselves...neither physically nor spiritually. That should be obvious.

So the text would be better rendered as " They that are Christ's (have had) the flesh crucified."

In any regard one who is in Christ cannot get there without being crucified to himself. It is by the operation of God. By the Spirit.

Any Greek speakers out there?

Edited by Pekoudah
  • Thumbs Up 1