Am i saved ?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  53
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,412
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Days Won:  0

As it is written in scripture below .  This is the start of your born again or new creation as a  believer in Jesus Christ. Now, your heart is the thing that no man here can know and only you can sincerely examine as to the truth of your belief. 

After you have made your personal belief  in your heart, the bible is the next step you have to seek and mediate on the teachings of the Gospel and to know the plans God has for you.  As so go along, habits and  the things that you were attached as a carnal man would start to fade and the reality of the truths in the word becomes more clear.

Now,  you have to learn and understand clearly,that in this world, we have a tremendous enemy named the devil and he is real.  He will do all that he can to cause you to go back to your old ways and to keep you from following the teachings of the word to live a fruitful life in the Lord.  You must fight though, as to the struggles that you have, you have to continue to war against all that he throws at you and call upon the Lord to help you as he knows your weaknesses. 

The war or fight is not of flesh and blood, but with the spiritual host of wickedness in high places as  stated in the bible and which I have confirmed in my walk as so true.  see Ephesians 6.  Read this chapter to get an understanding of what the believer is up against.  

So indeed there is a spiritual realm where the real battles take place and you have to keep renewing your mind with the word which is sword to cut the enemies lies whom seek to  bring you back into his fold. Prayer is vital to make your request known to God and  praise and thanks  and worship to him that has paid for your salvation is due to the Lord Jesus Christ.

I recommend this  book that is also a good inspiration to be faithful.     

"Holiness" by J.C Ryle.   It can be downloaded free in pdf format .  Just type in the title and name and follow the link to download.

Romans 10 King James Version (KJV)

That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

Edited by warrior12

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  24
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,459
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  2

15 hours ago, Darrell 48 said:

How dose one know that they have been accepted ( saved ) ? I seem like running back and forth all the time, and in the end I know I want to be on God's side.

We don't plant a garden and worry that plants aren't fully grown in the first few days.   We recognize the need to tend and care for the garden and the plants will grow.  Trust, confidence, and assurance are things that naturally grow over time.  Deep rooted trust, confidence, and assurance in God (where our thoughts, feelings, and attitudes truly have few doubts and deep confidence) grows over time from walking with God.  In the same way, holiness and good works grow in our lives.  In the long run, trust, confidence, assurance, peace, joy, holiness, good works, and other such things become a natural part of our life that flows from us.  These become the natural way we think and feel and behave;  they are not an act or foreign thing that we try to force ourselves to do.

As a practical matter, some things in our lives change and improve because of the decisions and actions we take.  Some things change because God intervenes and does things.   Some sins and behaviors we can simply stop and change by deciding to do so.  However, some sins and compulsive behaviors can be rooted in deep emotional, physical, or spiritual injury or trauma.  These are resolved through God's healing and not our willpower.  The changes we see in ourselves are usually due to a combination of actions we take and sovereign actions God takes to change us.

In the long run, knowing we are saved is a matter of having deepening trust, confidence, and assurance that we are in God's hands.  This is something that grows as we see and experience God's hand in our lives over weeks, months, years, and decades as we walk with Him.