Sign in to follow this  
turtletwo

Leaving The Past Behind

Amen. Indeed we are in a race. 

"Therefore, since we also have such a large cloud of witnesses surrounding us, let us lay aside every weight and the sin that so easily ensnares us. Let us run with endurance the race that lies before us, 2 keeping our eyes on Jesus, the source and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy that lay before Him endured a cross and despised the shame and has sat down at the right hand of God’s throne." - Heb 12:1-2

May we not get distracted, caught off guard, or weighed down with the cares of the life and, as sadly many of those saved for Egypt, fail to obtain the prize given to those who are diligent and obedient and compete by the rules. 

"Don’t you know that the runners in a stadium all race, but only one receives the prize? Run in such a way to win the prize. 25 Now everyone who competes exercises self-control in everything. However, they do it to receive a crown that will fade away, but we a crown that will never fade away. 26 Therefore I do not run like one who runs aimlessly or box like one beating the air. 27 Instead, I discipline my body and bring it under strict control, so that after preaching to others, I myself will not be disqualified." - 1Cor 9:24-27

Peace & Blessings to all as you "fight the good fight of faith." May we each "finish our race well." 

• This is Worthy 1
  • Praise God! 1

@Michael (limmuwd) I love these scriptures! They are excellent (among my favorites) and :)fit in perfectly with my thread.

Put the past behind you

Don't let it slow you down

And when it taps your shoulder 

Choose NOT to turn around!

The wife of Lot was told this

But she :( did not obey 

Became a salty pillar!

Let's learn from her today

1132681110_PASTQUOTEABOUTWHENYOUPUTYOURHANDTOTHEPLOWDONTLOOKBACK.jpg.e287cfd913fa745a681a2e7c5feac120.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

Sign in to follow this