BorderCowboy

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  839
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  0

God hears us when we pray,  he never leaves us nor forsakes us :)  he never stops listening to his children, 

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  1.00
  • Days Won:  1

Dear brother, I understand what you are saying, as we age, ...I know it's tuff, ...I'm like, 30 years old in my mind, living in a worn out 70 year old body.

Why not turn it into a sanctified illness, I don't mean to praise God because you are sick and hurt, ...but praise Him through it, praise and thank Him for all He has done in your past, both before and after you came to Christ, born again, ...and like has already been stated, immerse yourself in His Word, ...He is faithful!

God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,  hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, Heb 1:1, 2a   KJV

Brother, do you see, the his is in italics, that means it's not in the original text, ...it's supposed to give the verse clarity.

If we leave out the his, this is how it reads:

...hath in these last days spoken unto us by Son,

...and the by can be translated in, so it's:

...hath in these last days spoken unto us in Son,

...what the Holy Spirit is saying is Son is a language, just like Spanish, or French, so..., when you are reading His Word He is speaking to you, ..a lot of people don't look at it that way, but it's true, for instance, when reading the words of Jesus, ...He is speaking directly to you, as if there was not any other person on this planet, ...the same with what Paul wrote, the Holy Spirit is talking directly to you through Paul.

I'll be praying for you.

Lord bless

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  24
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,459
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  2

9 hours ago, BorderCowboy said:

I hurt so much.....physical..mental....day after day...iray, stand to be faithful....years now...n suffer, don't believe I have the strength any more

Hang in there.    About 30 years ago, I once had the opportunity at a retreat to spend some small group time with a man who'd spent decades of his life on the mission field and later become his denomination's director for missions in Europe and Asia for about a decade as I recall.  He had retired and as I recall, this retreat was one of his last ones he ever did.  It was a question and answer time with some campus pastors and we got to ask questions.   Someone asked the brilliant question of something like, what is the most important lesson you've learned and the one thing you tell new missionaries?   We were (or at least I was) expecting some deep theological truth or insight and a few Bible verses or ministry advice.  Instead he just said, "hang in there".  He said that there always will come a time when circumstances, struggles, illness, grief, whatever, threatens to swallow us up and drown us, but hang in there.

Another pearl of wisdom this man gave was this.  He said that the harder the things we go through, the more we have later to offer to others.  The more painful the road, the more we have to offer others who find themselves on the same road.   There's a good chance God's turning you into a proverbial trail guide who's going to be a person who can help someone saddle up when they're too sore and discouraged to do it again and help them ride a trail they thought was impossible to ride.  It sounds like you're in the middle of very dark, rough, near impassible trail with not a waterhole in sight.  My limited knowledge of riding and the West largely comes from Louis L'amour and Zane Grey books (so I hope this isn't too stupid or sappy sounding), but my understanding is most trails and waterholes are known from a collective wisdom and knowledge of those who wandered and traveled and lived in those lands.  It didn't come from a map, it came from those whose lives depended on finding it.  There'll likely be a time where your experience will help someone stuck on the same trail.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  897
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,621
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

Something else to consider...

The events of people in the Bible or  who we hear about in the world

happen over the course of their entire lifetimes. Meaning it wasn't

one great big spiritual mountain top

experience.

Good grief look at Elijah.

One minute defeating the 400 prophets of Ba'al

the next minute he's fleeing from Jezebel (one woman which ought to warn us guys about

these seemingly demure persons [wink]*)

and he (Elijah) believes he's the only one left who believes in the LORD. ← not true but how he felt.

* I quip with customers at my night job cashiering at Walmart when someone says they wish they were 18

again... "Ohhh, not me," I tell 'em. "When I was 18 I was pimple-faced, uncoordinated, and ascared o' girls.

Got married a year later and I've been terrified o' women ever since!"

LOL

Point of all this is we don't ALWAYS feel high (spiritually). We don't ALWAYS feel blessed. We don't ALWAYS

feel in direct contact with our Maker. That's why they call it life, Margaret... (here). 

Hang in there and endure / perservere.

Hanging holding quiet desperation is the English way (to quote Pink Floyd) good advice for all peoples.

When you are in the doldrums of life fellowship with others who are not and share in their joy and experiences.

God bless!

Edited by JohnD
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

11 hours ago, BorderCowboy said:

How are ya supposed ta handle God not listenin no more? I can't hear Him n need too.

God always listens. He hears everything. We need to be abiding in Christ so that what we ask is according to His will. 

Edited by missmuffet
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  94
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

This is one of the most troubling questions I have.  So many say that God speaks to them.  He hasn't me that I know of and I often wonder are they talking that God speaks to them in the spirit?  My minister says that we only need to listen quietly and we will hear.  I have tried.  My daughter says he talks to her.  Back then I didn't think to ask her if it was audible or in her spirit.   I would think if it is in the spirit you would need to know how to tap into you inner spirit.  My friend says that he speaks to us in things that happen to us, I can understand that.  I wish you peace over this and that soon God will speak to you and you will know it is the Lord.  God Bless you.  I will continue to seek the answer as well as you.  BTW, even though I don't hear God I know he is there waiting for me and I know that for you also!

Have a nice week:)

Phoenix here:)

Edited by ilovejcsog
addition

• Group:  Non-Trinitarian
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  842
  • Content Per Day:  0.47

14 hours ago, BorderCowboy said:

How are ya supposed ta handle God not listenin no more? I can't hear Him n need too.

Brother, God ALWAYS hears the prayers of His children.

When He chooses to answer or provide a solution is a different story since it's on His time.

But He knows your situation, knows the mountain that you face, knows the snares that lay ahead of you.

And even though He allows us to stumble, fall, and at times dig a deeper hole.

He is prepared to fix it all when that time comes.

What I have discovered, as my snares/trials/mountains seems to grow bigger and beyond my capability of solving.   God waits upon my enemy/opponent to make their move and feel like they have a sure victory.   And when it all seems to be a dead end and full of doom and gloom from my view, that is when God makes His move.

It not only gives me more strength for what I have endured, but it must be a complete let down for my enemy/opponent who tasted victory, had a sure thing going, was about to take that last step crossing the finish line when the rug literally was yanked from underneath them!!

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  94
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

5 hours ago, Sonshine☀️ said:

7CE64B67-7DE9-4E1A-9E15-209BB971A7FE.gif.34a101f764605ab03b4999288e21d4bf.gifHey Cowboy, please come in and have a chat with us and share (or not) whatever you’d like.  We miss you a lot and want to help.  Life is still beautiful.

That's so sweet of you sonshine!:)

Shes right cowboy, we miss you and want to help!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,204
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

On 5/21/2019 at 1:15 AM, BorderCowboy said:

God hears.
God answers.
Trust God.

“Prayer is not overcoming God's reluctance.
It is laying hold of His willingness.”

Praying for you, brother....

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.81

Our Faith is some times time tested. He let endures trials and temptation. The enemy will taunt us.    If I only had the time to share my own struggles yet I'm still I'm here over thirty five years later, and my testimony of His reality in my life is far greater today. If a man lived like the world they have no understanding, but to those who refuse to moved no matter what, you can be sure The Lord knows it. Be patient because he will in his time reveal Himself and magnify Himself. There shall be no more doubting that the Lord is with you always. Even Now.  He shall never leave us or forsake us. Would give up on the only truth that lives. Its a miserable man who would turn back. 

• This is Worthy 1