• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  3

On 5/21/2019 at 1:15 AM, BorderCowboy said:

How are ya supposed ta handle God not listenin no more? I can't hear Him n need too.

Psalm 16:7 says that in the "night seasons", God's "reins", will instruct.

"night seasons", are times when the path is not clear, and they way is not certain, and the understanding is not sharp and perfect.

"reins", are indicative of the Holy Spirit and also the word of God, as in both cases, these are our guide even when the situation is not yet resolved.

Light follows night, so, when  a believer is sincere, doing their best, living close to God, then night is just before a new season.

Life is always "the next season", the next time period where we are entering into whatever is coming next.

Life is Change, and change is God's instruction book and He's always giving out more instruction.    He's always working the clay, pruning the branches.

I would not be the person to tell you that you are to live your Christian walk listening to inner voices, and inner impulses, as these are not always God, and can't always be trusted.

What can be trusted, always,  is God's word, as every answer to ever issue is freely given.   But sometimes even tho we have the answer, we still have to wait it out.....whatever the situation is, until God's timing for release brings the change.

Sometimes our suffering is simple resistance to what IS.      Jesus asked Paul if it was difficult to struggle against "the pricks".... that is to say, when you think you are right, and you are not, and the sparks and friction are stinging you, because you wont SEE...........

Light follows night.

Faith follows doubt.

Hope follows hurt.

Patience follows experience.

Time reveals truth by exposing lies.

Edited by Behold

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,776
  • Content Per Day:  2.42

On 5/21/2019 at 2:22 AM, BorderCowboy said:

I hurt so much.....physical..mental....day after day...iray, stand to be faithful....years now...n suffer, don't believe I have the strength any more

I am noy quite sure what you are doing in this situation, and if you have neglected your self, and if you are without supporting friends...

I don't know if you have seen a doctor, and if you have follow up with the medication, or if you could afford to see a doctor and afford the medication..

I am not sure if you have accommodation and nutrition problems...

I don't know if you mobility or transportation problems...

Sometimes the way we feel and the pain we experienced and our situations make us scream...and complaint even to Jesus, this is very normal and healthy, you are a believer, that's ok.  Hope some nurse come to see you, if you cannot go to see the doctor and hope someone can help you with the medication, to relieve your pain...

Praying for a good samaritan to pass by and help in some way...

Maybe that's what you need, and as the word of the Lord, you can hear it also from us, the word of encouragement...

Jesus gave us one another also to comfort one another, you still have Jesus thats for sure.

This is by faith not whether we hear him or not...leave that part to him...

I am afraid in the situation you are in to say to you "God bless", of your response...

You may say: this is the blessing I want and he .....so and so...

Again I do not know, what is your situation, and I cannot asses it, by just hearing the complaints...

Do you have a tooth pain..

Arthritis, pain of the back and knees, I cannot tell....

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,280
  • Content Per Day:  1.25
  • Days Won:  2

On 5/21/2019 at 2:15 AM, BorderCowboy said:

How are ya supposed ta handle God not listenin no more? I can't hear Him n need too.

Just because you don't feel God, that doesn't mean he isn't there.  There are things I do when I don't feel God's presence that helps.  Read the Bible.  It will probably be real dry and even dead at the beginning, but press on.  You will be surprised how much that helps.

Praise and worship.  Don't start with a laundry list of things you want.  Ask for nothing, but give God a sacrifice of praise.  Sing unto the Lord.  Lift your hands in praise.  Seek him diligently till you find him.  

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,625
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Days Won:  1

On 5/21/2019 at 7:22 AM, BorderCowboy said:

I hurt so much.....physical..mental....day after day...iray, stand to be faithful....years now...n suffer, don't believe I have the strength any more

Shalom @BorderCowboy

I'm gutted to read that you are feeling this way brother.  You've had plenty of advice already and I'm not sure if you are still feeling this way but, if you are, please feel free to PM me if you need to talk or would like to share.

I don't know what is currently going on but don't you dare back down at this stage cowboy!  Don't you dare lose hope. 

Again, let me know if you need to rant at someone :)

Love & Shalom

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.81
  • Days Won:  0

I have my own issues I have to endure. I don't know what will come yet today or even tomorrow. Let me ask how do you think about trusting God. I have emotional times and I have no answer to them or control. I have heart desease and lately I have been under stress. I often get jest pains which makes you feel your time could be today. I have no answers except I keep saying trust God because He knows me by name and is interment with me. I can't change the world or change the things about my physical problem. God could and many times has helped me. still other times He  may seem distant. I am at peace still in the mist because when you have done all, and failed I still trust God which gives me peace.

My hay days are over and I'm retired and my time is ever so crawling nearer, but I don't worry about when God takes me. I'm just here until Jesus comes to take us home.

I pray  that God will touch you and ease you torment and give you peace in the mist

May God bless you, and he does know you name. 

Mike M

Edited by Mike Mclees
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  94
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

I think about you several times a day and am concerned.  Having pain myself for years I know what you are enduring and am with you in prayer.  We just don't know why but Jesus endured and we must also.  Some day we will know why this trial.  Please don't despair, I know how hard it is but stay strong and love God and your self and pray as I am for you.  Hope to talk with you here on the forum where everyone is waiting to greet you and hear from you:)

Hurry back!

We love you!!  BLESSINGS

• Content Count:  3,015
  • Content Per Day:  1.34

On 5/21/2019 at 2:15 AM, BorderCowboy said:

I've never actually "heard" God. However, I've seen his will play out in my life and as I read and study his word, a certain peace fills me about the things I need to do and am doing. It's hard to put into words, actually.

• Content Count:  3,015
  • Content Per Day:  1.34

On 5/21/2019 at 2:22 AM, BorderCowboy said:

You know you don't have the strength when you assume room temperature. 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  860
  • Content Per Day:  0.48

To find where God is, is to be where mercy is, God is love, and to hear him we hear His love that He has even down to the sparrows and wild beasts of the field are His, to also have compassion for all He has given life into, is following Him wheresoever He goes, and He goes everywhere where we should help, where we should care, and we can find Him there, and He will give us strength, to care and help and glorify the Lord by walking in His love, for as long as He would give us to continue, knowing God is knowing love and it is all we need to know..

Isaiah 58:6 Is not this the fast that I have chosen? to loose the bands of wickedness, to undo the heavy burdens, and to let the oppressed go free, and that ye break every yoke?
7 Is it not to deal thy bread to the hungry, and that thou bring the poor that are cast out to thy house? when thou seest the naked, that thou cover him; and that thou hide not thyself from thine own flesh?
8 Then shall thy light break forth as the morning, and thine health shall spring forth speedily: and thy righteousness shall go before thee; the glory of the Lord shall be thy reward.
9 Then shalt thou call, and the Lord shall answer; thou shalt cry, and he shall say, Here I am. If thou take away from the midst of thee the yoke, the putting forth of the finger, and speaking vanity;
10 And if thou draw out thy soul to the hungry, and satisfy the afflicted soul; then shall thy light rise in obscurity, and thy darkness be as the noon day:
11 And the Lord shall guide thee continually, and satisfy thy soul in drought, and make fat thy bones: and thou shalt be like a watered garden, and like a spring of water, whose waters fail not.
12 And they that shall be of thee shall build the old waste places: thou shalt raise up the foundations of many generations; and thou shalt be called, The repairer of the breach, The restorer of paths to dwell in.
13 If thou turn away thy foot from the sabbath, from doing thy pleasure on my holy day; and call the sabbath a delight, the holy of the Lord, honourable; and shalt honour him, not doing thine own ways, nor finding thine own pleasure, nor speaking thine own words:
14 Then shalt thou delight thyself in the Lord; and I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth, and feed thee with the heritage of Jacob thy father: for the mouth of the Lord hath spoken it.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

On 5/20/2019 at 11:15 PM, BorderCowboy said:

Just because God is silent doesn't mean He's not listening to us.  The Bible says, "Be still and know that I am God" Sometimes when we pray we talk to much.  we spend so much time on what we are saying we don't stop long enough to listen.  We might not get an answer right off the bat but He will always answer us.  We might not like the answer but He will never forsake one of His kids.

• Thumbs Up 1