BorderCowboy

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  94
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

Please let us know you are okay, we care:)

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,140
  • Content Per Day:  0.63

57 minutes ago, pinacled said:

I suppose it depends where you stand..  2 Chron 20         (Thanks Pinacled. A long read but worth it.)

After that, Moabites, Ammonites, together with some Ammonim, came against Jehoshaphat to wage war.

The report was brought to Jehoshaphat: “A great multitude is coming against you from beyond the sea, from Aram, and is now in Hazazon-tamar”—that is, Ein-gedi.

Jehoshaphat was afraid; he decided to resort to the LORD and proclaimed a fast for all Judah.

Judah assembled to beseech the LORD. They also came from all the towns of Judah to seek the LORD.

Jehoshaphat stood in the congregation of Judah and Jerusalem in the House of the LORD at the front of the new court.

He said, “LORD God of our fathers, truly You are the God in heaven and You rule over the kingdoms of the nations; power and strength are Yours; none can oppose You.

O our God, you dispossessed the inhabitants of this land before Your people Israel, and You gave it to the descendants of Your friend Abraham forever.

They settled in it and in it built for You a House for Your name. They said, ‘Should misfortune befall us—the punishing sword, pestilence, or famine, we shall stand before this House and before You—for Your name is in this House—and we shall cry out to You in our distress, and You will listen and deliver us.’

Now the people of Ammon, Moab, and the hill country of Seir, into whose [land] You did not let Israel come when they came from Egypt, but they turned aside from them and did not wipe them out, these now repay us by coming to expel us from Your possession which You gave us as ours.

O our God, surely You will punish them, for we are powerless before this great multitude that has come against us, and do not know what to do, but our eyes are on You.”

All Judah stood before the LORD with their little ones, their womenfolk, and their children.

Then in the midst of the congregation the spirit of the LORD came upon Jahaziel son of Zechariah son of Benaiah son of Jeiel son of Mattaniah the Levite, of the sons of Asaph,

and he said, “Give heed, all Judah and the inhabitants of Jerusalem and King Jehoshaphat; thus said the LORD to you, ‘Do not fear or be dismayed by this great multitude, for the battle is God’s, not yours. 

March down against them tomorrow as they come up by the Ascent of Ziz; you will find them at the end of the wadi in the direction of the wilderness of Jeruel.

It is not for you to fight this battle; stand by, wait, and witness your deliverance by the LORD, O Judah and Jerusalem; do not fear or be dismayed; go forth to meet them tomorrow and the LORD will be with you.’”

Jehoshaphat bowed low with his face to the ground, and all Judah and the inhabitants of Jerusalem threw themselves down before the LORD to worship the LORD.

Levites of the sons of Kohath and of the sons of Korah got up to extol the LORD God of Israel at the top of their voices.

Early the next morning they arose and went forth to the wilderness of Tekoa. As they went forth, Jehoshaphat stood and said, “Listen to me, O Judah and inhabitants of Jerusalem: Trust firmly in the LORD your God and you will stand firm; trust firmly in His prophets and you will succeed.”  2 Cor 20:1-20

Edited by In Him
  • This is Worthy 2

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  46
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

God always hears you. Its the fact that if you can understand him. follow your hearts intuition 

3 minutes ago, pinacled said:

The message From the Lord of Host given in 2 chronicles 20 from where I stand shows the heart of nations who assemble against His Word..

Read further and you will find what happens to the Who're.

true. for out of the abundance of your heart the mouth speaks. but where is your heart? 

sure

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  213
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

I thank everyone for their responses n prayers, I've had a rough time lately. Heard from family for the first time in nearly a decade, n all II got was derogatory remarks n bad wishes...I mean what is the point in that effort? It truly was intended to hurt n offend, n this from my "so call'd"mother n brother. I now see that I shouldn't expect anythin' from them anymore n am just movin' on.

Just my two bits,  JJ

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Loved it! 1
  • Praying! 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,015
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,277
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

8 hours ago, BorderCowboy said:

I thank everyone for their responses n prayers, I've had a rough time lately. Heard from family for the first time in nearly a decade, n all II got was derogatory remarks n bad wishes...I mean what is the point in that effort? It truly was intended to hurt n offend, n this from my "so call'd"mother n brother. I now see that I shouldn't expect anythin' from them anymore n am just movin' on.

Just my two bits,  JJ

Glad to see you back!   I'm sorry you were hurt by your family.   Please remember that you are loved and appreciated here!   You are not alone...not everyone has family that stays in touch, including me. :)

One of my friends (now passed away) once said we can't pick our family but we can pick our friends. 

• This is Worthy 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Non-Trinitarian
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  842
  • Content Per Day:  0.46

13 hours ago, BorderCowboy said:

Just my two bits,  JJ

Wow, they sound kind of narcissistic, which are very toxic types of people.   Do they have an issue with you believing in God?

Edited by childoftheking

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  94
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

13 hours ago, BorderCowboy said:

Just my two bits,  JJ

I wonder if we are related, my family sounds like your family, lol.  Its a sad day when strangers treat us better than our own.  All we can do is move on and praise God that we have a Godly family that cares about us.  Keep your chin up and don't forget how much God loves you.

Thank you for responding, we were all worried.

Blessings!

• This is Worthy 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.89
  • Days Won:  5

15 hours ago, BorderCowboy said:

Just my two bits,  JJ

Jesus asked... “.Who are my Mother and Brothers?” We here and other Believers through out the world are your REAL brothers, etc.......

• Thumbs Up 1