BorderCowboy

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1,192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  7,264
  • Content Per Day:  1.19
  • Days Won:  194

@BorderCowboy Welcome back. I just wanted you to know that I was behind the scenes (in the background) praying for you ever since I discovered this thread.

I'm sorry you're experiencing this with your mom and brother. Having had this from some relatives, I can understand. 

I commend you for moving on with the Lord. One of my favorite scriptures is "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. " (Phil 4:13)

• Loved it! 1

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  873
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Days Won:  0

On 5/21/2019 at 2:15 AM, BorderCowboy said:

How are ya supposed ta handle God not listenin no more? I can't hear Him n need too.

Our Apostle Peter says,

"rather let it be the hidden person of the heart, with the incorruptible beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is very precious in the sight of God." (1 Peter 3:4)

So, from this I get that God's love is gentle and quiet, if a "gentle and quiet spirit" is so precious to Him. And Jesus is "gentle and lowly in heart" (Matthew 11:29), which I see is a match with God's love being gentle and quiet . . . like how Jesus is "gentle and lowly in heart". 

So, this would mean God is quiet . . . not silent. And so we can connect with Him and personally communicate, by being gentle and quiet in His love. 

But because we have noisy stuff in us, we miss His tenderly caring communication and guidance. 

What is noisy?

Unforgiveness, among other things. Also, our Apostle Paul tells us how to get more into loving with God and one another > 

"Let all bitterness, wrath, anger, clamor, and evil speaking be put away from you, with all malice. And be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you." (Ephesians 4:31-32)

We can miss God's communication, then, I would say, by letting ourselves give in to anger and clamor and unforgiveness and boredom and loneliness and controlling and nagging drives for pleasures which can not deeply satisfy us in love.

So, I would say if you are not hearing God, trust Him to change you so you do. James says to be >

"swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath" (in James 1:19-20).

By the way, communication in love can be deeper than words, right? So, with God in His tender and quiet love we can enjoy intimacy and communication deeper than words . . . with Him and each other.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  119
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

On 5/21/2019 at 1:15 AM, BorderCowboy said:

How are ya supposed ta handle God not listenin no more? I can't hear Him n need too.

I have been through the same thing, am going through it now.. or was until maybe.. well, I can't say. Every time I think things have changed radically btwn God and myself.. um... life intervenes. 

When I suffer, I think of Jesus on the Cross, which means GOD crucified since Jesus said "If you have seen Me you have seen the Father" and "The Father and I are one" So... God knows firsthand about the sufferings we endure. He gives us Jesus and Jesus alone to show the way. "No one comes to the Father except through Me" Jesus said

I once asked myself "Why shouldn't I (we humans, Christians in particular.. why shouldn't we) go through the same kind of sufferings Jesus did (rejection, the world hating us, etc)?" Jesus did say that the slave is not greater than the Master.. and he also said that what "they" did to him, they will do to you (his followers)

I believe accepting sufferings is part of our "job" as a Christian, possibly the most important job of all. Does that mean I do it well? ha ha... what a joke.. but God knows we are frail and etc... (praying for you)

Edited by cantankerous5

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  94
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

Sure hope you are feeling better cowboy:)  God Bless you!

• Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 2