• Group:  Newbie
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Please, I need Advice.

Please, while I was to enter university, I had deficiencies in high school cert. Someone advised and assisted me with new result that help me gained an admission. After a year I wrote another exam and replaced the old one with an authentic result.  Taking advantages of the university policy that if you have deficiencies, you must produce all the requirements before you graduate.  I eventually graduated and even obtained M.Sc  and work for thirteen years now.

I have repented many years ago and asked God for forgiveness, however, any time I think of what happened, I felt bad about it. What is your suggestion about this issue from Christian perspective and matured  experiences. Should I apply for a new degree admission or what is the best why out?

Edited by meduma

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,273
  • Content Per Day:  1.73
  • Days Won:  0

This happened 13 years ago. Your work experience since then is what enables you to continue in employment, together with what you learnt in colleges.

I would suggest every time you feel bad about your cheating the system.

That you thank God for an education, for your employment and that he has forgiven you ALL your sins.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.95
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

3 hours ago, meduma said:

Please, I need Advice.

Please, while I was to enter university, I had deficiencies in high school cert. Someone advised and assisted me with new result that help me gained an admission. After a year I wrote another exam and replaced the old one with an authentic result.  Taking advantages of the university policy that if you have deficiencies, you must produce all the requirements before you graduate.  I eventually graduated and even obtained M.Sc  and work for thirteen years now.

I have repented many years ago and asked God for forgiveness, however, any time I think of what happened, I felt bad about it. What is your suggestion about this issue from Christian perspective and matured  experiences. Should I apply for a new degree admission or what is the best why out?

Okay, so if I read you right, your grades in high school were not sufficient enough for college entry, so with someone's help, you altered the records. Then you also cheated on an exam in college after that. You have a degree, and this was a lot of years ago. Sure, you should feel guilty, but wouldn't going back and admitting to all of this ruin your career?

I understand lying which is what all this comes down to, is not pleasing to the Lord, but if you've asked for Him to forgive you, He surely has. And if you've been successful in your occupation, and doing the best at all possible, these are important attributes of past admitted errors, I would think. And It sounds as if you have, with the information given.

Go from here, unless giving up all current successes are worth it to you. This might also mean tremendous financial losses and personal possessions as well. You need to weigh all this out, and see if it's worth it somehow. Admittedly I wouldn't have done these things in the first place, but now that it's been so many years, perhaps putting the past behind you might be wiser. God bless you.  

Shalom, 

David/BeauJangles

• Followers:  24
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,459
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  2

On 5/21/2019 at 2:40 AM, meduma said:

Please, I need Advice.

I do not understand everything you wrote.  I think you said this:   Your high school certification was poor.  You could not get into university.   You did not meet requirements.  You lied that you met requirements???  You did the work to meet requirements before graduating.  You worked hard to earn the degree.  You worked hard to earn an MSc.  You have used your education in a job for 13 years.

I think this is the important point.  You worked and learned in university.  You earned your degree and MSc.   Your education and skills are real.  You worked to earn them.  You can do your job.  This is the purpose of universities.

If you could change what you did, what would be different?   You would have worked hard for one year to meet requirements.  You would have started university one year later.  You would have worked for 12 years and not 13 years.

There are two different reasons why we feel bad.   1.  God is convicting us.  He wants us to change or do something.   2.  We feel guilty.  We do not think God forgave us.  We think we have to punish ourselves.   Pray about what God wants.  Does He want you to confess to the university?  Has He forgiven you and you should do nothing?

Another possibility.  Maybe God is putting this on your heart to encourage young students.  Maybe your church or community has young students who need help or encouragement.  You could maybe help them learn to study better.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

On 5/21/2019 at 12:40 AM, meduma said:

Please, I need Advice.

You cheated. Now your conscience is bothering you. You said that you have asked God for forgiveness. We all have done some bad things in our past. God has forgiven you and you need to move on. You may and you may not have to deal with the consequences if someone else finds out about what you did.