• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  46
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  944
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/20/1980

Hi all,

every nonbeliever can have some posts here on Worthy before George decides that they shouldn't be able to reply any more.

While I don't want to discuss the new system...

I would like to ponder about the question how we can contribute to make a convincing case for faith while they still can post in the main sections... in case they still come and do so.

In my opinion we should try hard to argue as good as possible while we can discuss with them here in the visible area. It's very important for them, I guess. And it is very good for us, since spreading the gospel is what Christians are called to do, I think. As for me, the Gospel is everything I have to offer, more or less, right now.

A few suggestions may be allowed...

1) if you have a new theory to offer, like earth water during the flood splashing as high as the moon... please don't promote it in the threads with nonbelievers. If you must propose your theory.... please do it in a Christians-only-thread. 

2) turn-or-burn calls don't work, if the nonbeliever doubts: God's existence, the existence of sin, hence any need to repent... please do them in a Christians-only-thread.

3) if you want to do a science quiz... please do it in a Christians-only-thread. Science knowledge is great but put gospel first, please.

4) I think it would be best if only a few (very few, maybe just one) Christian posters could lead the discussion with a doubter at a specific time. If he is done, the next one please.

Let all things be done decently and in order. 1 Cor 14:40.

Please avoid chaos in the threads reaching out to nonbelievers.

... continuing tomorrow...

Regards,

Thomas

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 2

• Group:  Non-Trinitarian
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  842
  • Content Per Day:  0.46

(1) we should never judge them or use scripture to condemn them in how we post (that is the Holy Spirit's job)

(2) we should give Biblical answers with scripture references that emphasize Faith in use

(3) we should have a personal testimon(y)(ies) that shows we conducted ourselves through Faith in God and He brought us through

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Non-Trinitarian
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  842
  • Content Per Day:  0.46

I should add, in using scripture that emphasizes Faith.  It's best not use scripture you clearly cannot explain without bringing more confusion to the unbeliever, or verses that in the beginning before they gain knowledge of God and who He really is, just causes them to over stretch the imagination.   A typical unbeliever still believes in something like science.   Therefore, they believe in proof.  And using a scripture like "Faith the size of a mustard seed could move mountains," will not just turn them off, but give them the impression that you are an idiot if you believe as such!!

• Haha 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  46
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  944
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Birthday:  04/20/1980

Hi all,

I think it is really important to share the gospel in a good way.

For that reason, may I add another suggestion to what I posted already?

5) don't post condescending remarks against other minorities, please. If a non-believer would dare to post any condescension against Christians, they're out. Instantly.

So please, refrain from looking down on other minorities saying that they had a mental defect or disorder never providing the proof necessary to back such a bold assertion up...

by Bible or scientific documentation.

Please don't ever post condescending remarks against others. Since an atheist poster is not able to post the slightest arrogant remark against Christians here on Worthy, in case they want to remain active in the visible sections......

please do without these ever recurring remarks against minorities you don't like.

On 5/21/2019 at 8:41 PM, childoftheking said:

1) we should never judge them or use scripture to condemn them in how we post

exactly. Thank you.

Thomas

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  3

Every heart is empty until God fills it with Christ.

So, you can imagine how empty this emptiness must be if its a 50 or 70 yr old heart that is still searching, searching............and so tired of ......searching.

See, all unbelievers are on a search to fill their empty heart, and most will come to a place in life where the pleasures of the world, are no longer anything like that.  Its just empty addiction and an expensive spending habit.

Atheists tend to make the most remarkable Christians, because they were not burned out by 25 yrs of church, or "i was raised in the church"...   They dont have this, So, when they meet Christ, they are finding Him without a lot of filter or pre-expectations, and most of them become incredible preachers.    Not necessarily from the Pulpit, but, they are so changed, so joy filled, that they want to tell everyone.

The Apostle Paul is a perfect example of what happens when someone comes to believe in the very one they use to Despise.     Paul ended up writing most of the New Testament.

Edited by Behold

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  50
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  08/01/1917

Finally: go out into the street and beg them to come in. :soapbox:

• Thanks 1