Sign in to follow this  
Rebecca Pickles

The other way round

Hi there,

I often hear a lot of people say that they feel a lot younger than their age. 

I don't know how unusual I am, but I feel the opposite way round.

I'm 44, and I feel like my body is in its 80s. I often say to my husband, that if I'm still on the Earth, that I dread to think how I will physically feel in four decades time, when I actually am in my 80s. Will I feel like I'm in my 120s?

I've very often wondered whether its because my parents were older when they had me. My Mum was 42 and my Dad was 49. Back when I was growing up, a lot of my peers' parents were a generation younger than my parents.

Both my hubbie and I have arthritic problems and we often physically struggle with daily activities. I really do feel a lot older than 44.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 3

I was born with arthritis ( or as my grandchildren call it my Arthur right is ) and find swimming helps me a lot ( also helps with my asthma and other breathing problems ) in fact at two of the three local(ish ) pools early mornings are like an oldies get together as older people swim or even walk the pools One pool that is close to a hospital and an sheltered living complex even has float aids that allow people who have difficulty walking to stay upright as they walk in the water without even needing to touch the floor. If you can find somewhere that you can swim or water walk a few times a week you may find the joints less painful and your general well being better 

Do look into extra vitamins especially things like cod liver oil ( and it comes in tasteless capsules not like when I had to have it daily as a child when you had it in liquid form YEUK )   Hope you can find some relief from the pain and general " unwell " feeling that often accompanies arthritis and try looking into getting help from your doctors well being clinics xxx

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 3

I find that when I take glucosamine tablets it helps a tremendous amount. I have not tried cod liver oil but I may try it now that you mention it Ms. Pear. I already take 7 supplement pills a day plus prescription meds and I am only in my 50s. Ugh. So many pills.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

cuts down on your food bills as they fill you up :emot-hug:

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1

I wish that were true. They are more expensive than food and they seem to make me feel hungry... actually the pills that make me feel hungry are excedrine and other pain relief, which I usually end up taking every day for headaches.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praying for You! 1

Thank you for your prayers Ms. Pear. :emot-hug:

• Thumbs Up 1

My parents were in their 40's when they had me.. Based on my own experience I always believed their age had a direct impact on my own health issues....Although i am very active I override a lot of my issues because of my belief in the Lord....Also some of my issues have lead me to find a better way to deal with improving my health habits..I will keep you in prayer.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1

Hi Edna Ruth :) welcome to Worthy

• Thumbs Up 2

BTW, Ms. Pear, I am now taking 11 supplement pills a day, including the 3 fish oil pills I have just added to the regimen. Today is an achy day - very humid. I never noticed humidity making me achy before. Does it you @ladypeartree ?

• Thumbs Up 1

Sign in to follow this