IGNORED

what proof we are to have dreams and visions today?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  125
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,082
  • Content Per Day:  0.57
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/15/1956

I would think if God gave one such it would be telling them to take a godly action.  Somewhere in Acts Peter was given a vision of animals in a blanket being lowered to demonstrate the gospel is for gentiles too and exactly what was the action God wanted him to do?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.95
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

Acts 10:13  And there came a voice to him, Rise, Peter; kill, and eat.

• Thanks 2

Acts 2:17  And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I shall pour out my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams: 

1 hour ago, Daniel Marsh said:

I would think if God gave one such it would be telling them to take a godly action. 

BeauJangles Dream

I've been asked by a few to share this sometime, so perhaps it's alright now to do so. This occurred when I was about 36 or so, and was seemingly not a lengthy one. 

In my dream I was in the midst of dark clouds in the sky, and all of a sudden Jesus appeared before me. Gazing on His form before finding myself near prostrate at His feet, I noticed His robe was deep burgundy, with a outer cloak of royal blue. There I was, humbly trembling in the awesomeness of His presence! He then knelt down, and took me by the arms raising me up in an all encompassing embrace.

Just a second or two, I caught a glimpse of His wonderful face. Oh my, and what a glorious face He had. I felt so much adoration for Him in that heavenly hug, and could find no words of expression. It was simply overwhelming to me. And without audibly speaking, I just felt as if He were telling me, how I was loved and forgiven. What astounding amazing grace! I woke then weeping. And it took some time in the afterglow of having dreamed this, before falling back to slumber.  

Edited by BeauJangles
  • Loved it! 2
  • Praise God! 1

Hi BeauJangles,  If a Latter Day Saint said, She had the same dream, would that be valid proof?   What about Joseph Smith's first vision?

1 minute ago, Daniel Marsh said:

Hi BeauJangles,  If a Latter Day Saint said, She had the same dream, would that be valid proof?   What about Joseph Smith's first vision?

You can doubt this dream if you care to. I can only speak of my own personal experience, ( a one timer ) and am no member of the LDS church. And Joseph Smith was an unmistakable false prophet. God bless!

Shalom, 

David/BeauJangles

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

Today’s Dreams and Visions
With the completion of the Bible, God does not have to use dreams and visions as much as He did before. That is not to say that He cannot or does not; God can communicate with us however He chooses. But when we have a decision to make, our first stop should always be the Bible, not a dream.

https://www.gotquestions.org/dreams-visions-Bible.html

Edited by missmuffet

• Followers:  24
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,459
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  2

3 hours ago, Daniel Marsh said:

I would think if God gave one such it would be telling them to take a godly action.  Somewhere in Acts Peter was given a vision of animals in a blanket being lowered to demonstrate the gospel is for gentiles too and exactly what was the action God wanted him to do?

The dreams and visions occurring in Acts (in the church age) I could find are Cornelius' vision, Peter's vision/dream before the men from Cornelius arrived,  Ananias receiving a vision to pray for Paul to restore his sight, Paul having a vision about Ananias, and Paul's vision/dream about a man in Macedonia which was taken as guidance to spread the gospel into Greece rather than Asia Minor, God encouraging Paul in a vision in Corinth, and Paul seeing an angel at night just before the shipwreck.

The context of each of these seems to be to give guidance and confirmation as to a course of action.

I've heard various testimonies over the years of Christians having dreams and visions including some I know personally.  I find many of them credible.  I have heard some that I think are stretching it and probably trying to put a spiritual meaning on a typical dream.   What I've observed in the credible testimonies is that people usually knew there was something very different about these spiritual dreams and they weren't a typical dream.  Each addressed something going on in a person's life at the time.   The one characteristic that jumps out at me is that they are typically unexpected.  These people didn't sit down and expect to have a vision or spiritual dream, it was something that God simply did.

I've also heard credible testimonies of people who said they had visions or dreams of Jesus which led to their salvation.  I've also heard more than one missionary tell stories of how some people simply came to them and said they saw Jesus or an angel in a dream.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  20
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.

• Please stop fighting!  Thanks!  :) 1

14 hours ago, GandalfTheWise said:

The dreams and visions occurring in Acts (in the church age) I could find are Cornelius' vision, Peter's vision/dream before the men from Cornelius arrived,  Ananias receiving a vision to pray for Paul to restore his sight, Paul having a vision about Ananias, and Paul's vision/dream about a man in Macedonia which was taken as guidance to spread the gospel into Greece rather than Asia Minor, God encouraging Paul in a vision in Corinth, and Paul seeing an angel at night just before the shipwreck.

The context of each of these seems to be to give guidance and confirmation as to a course of action.

I've heard various testimonies over the years of Christians having dreams and visions including some I know personally.  I find many of them credible.  I have heard some that I think are stretching it and probably trying to put a spiritual meaning on a typical dream.   What I've observed in the credible testimonies is that people usually knew there was something very different about these spiritual dreams and they weren't a typical dream.  Each addressed something going on in a person's life at the time.   The one characteristic that jumps out at me is that they are typically unexpected.  These people didn't sit down and expect to have a vision or spiritual dream, it was something that God simply did.

I've also heard credible testimonies of people who said they had visions or dreams of Jesus which led to their salvation.  I've also heard more than one missionary tell stories of how some people simply came to them and said they saw Jesus or an angel in a dream.

Thank You,

Daniel