IGNORED

what proof we are to have dreams and visions today?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  125
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,083
  • Content Per Day:  0.57
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/15/1956

17 hours ago, BeauJangles said:

Acts 2:17  And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I shall pour out my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams: 

that was fulfilled in Acts

I did not doubt anyone had a dream or vision.    I am pointing out that a dream is not sufficient proof because Joseph Smith also had a false vision that give us he Latter day saints false teachings. 

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  243
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,554
  • Content Per Day:  0.77

18 hours ago, BeauJangles said:

BeauJangles Dream

I've been asked by a few to share this sometime, so perhaps it's alright now to do so. This occurred when I was about 36 or so, and was seemingly not a lengthy one. 

In my dream I was in the midst of dark clouds in the sky, and all of a sudden Jesus appeared before me. Gazing on His form before finding myself near prostrate at His feet, I noticed His robe was deep burgundy, with a outer cloak of royal blue. There I was, humbly trembling in the awesomeness of His presence! He then knelt down, and took me by the arms raising me up in an all encompassing embrace.

Just a second or two, I caught a glimpse of His wonderful face. Oh my, and what a glorious face He had. I felt so much adoration for Him in that heavenly hug, and could find no words of expression. It was simply overwhelming to me. And without audibly speaking, I just felt as if He were telling me, how I was loved and forgiven. What astounding amazing grace! I woke then weeping. And it took some time in the afterglow of having dreamed this, before falling back to slumber.  

What a beautiful dream that made me feel loved .. so sweet.

• Loved it! 1
  • Thanks 1

• Topic Count:  243
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,554
  • Content Per Day:  0.77

1 hour ago, Daniel Marsh said:

I did not doubt anyone had a dream or vision.    I am pointing out that a dream is not sufficient proof because Joseph Smith also had a false vision that give us he Latter day saints false teachings. 

That's where discernment kicks in.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  3

19 hours ago, Daniel Marsh said:

Somewhere in Acts Peter was given a vision of animals in a blanket being lowered to demonstrate the gospel is for gentiles too and exactly what was the action God wanted him to do?

God wanted Peter to understand what He had been teaching Paul.   "Justification by Faith".

Eventually all the Apostles were taught.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

6 hours ago, Daniel Marsh said:

that was fulfilled in Acts

The times recorded in the books of Acts, were only the early beginnings. They were in no way the 'end times' as posted in Acts 2:17 . I believe wholeheartedly we are heading towards them now. God bless and even so, come quickly Lord Jesus. 

Shalom, 

David/BeauJangles 

• Praise God! 1

read to here

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1,192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  7,264
  • Content Per Day:  1.19
  • Days Won:  194

On 5/22/2019 at 6:04 PM, BeauJangles said:

BeauJangles Dream

I've been asked by a few to share this sometime, so perhaps it's alright now to do so. This occurred when I was about 36 or so, and was seemingly not a lengthy one. 

In my dream I was in the midst of dark clouds in the sky, and all of a sudden Jesus appeared before me. Gazing on His form before finding myself near prostrate at His feet, I noticed His robe was deep burgundy, with a outer cloak of royal blue. There I was, humbly trembling in the awesomeness of His presence! He then knelt down, and took me by the arms raising me up in an all encompassing embrace.

Just a second or two, I caught a glimpse of His wonderful face. Oh my, and what a glorious face He had. I felt so much adoration for Him in that heavenly hug, and could find no words of expression. It was simply overwhelming to me. And without audibly speaking, I just felt as if He were telling me, how I was loved and forgiven. What astounding amazing grace! I woke then weeping. And it took some time in the afterglow of having dreamed this, before falling back to slumber.  

@BeauJangles This beautiful dream of Jesus:emot-heartbeat: really touched me. And you :)described/expressed it beautifully as well.

Thanks so much for sharing it and letting me know you were going to post it.

• 11 months later...

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  771
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/07/1947

When I asked the Lord about dreams and visions, He told me that I didn't need them, because  my fellowship with Him and His Son Jesus Christ is directly through His written Word, and if I become mighty in the Scriptures and a man of prayer, then He will fellowship with me directly without the need to give me dreams and visions.