How to deal being a lone christian?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  239
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,542
  • Content Per Day:  0.77
  • Days Won:  0

Im at the point I just want to give up. Theres no way anyone can survive being a christian alone people are social creatures and those social connectioms help us to weather life's storms. 

I've tried at church , joined groups and just be apart of things, introduce myself to people, invite people out.( volunteered).I even do this at work. But nothing comes of it 

And it put me in a state of depressiom because i have no one to share my feelings and thoughts with. I had online friends but i feel im always in their life until things look up for them and they for gwt about me.. Thats happened numerous times... 

Idk... The loneliness is driving me nearly to suicide becahse there's no end to it.. I try to be personable and i get rejected i dont fit in at church( been to 3. 1 was hurt in a bad way, 2nd too small and people set in their ways, 3rd too big and im just a face in the crowd) or in the world ( coworkers smoke, drink , are drama filled and messy) 

Its even more painful when God is incredibly silent, not speaking or guiding..just incredibly quiet and not really answering prayers..

Idk its to the point i just pray for others because i dont believe or trust God will help me. Seeing as Ive been praying for simple things, like just a christian friend..for years and it hasnt been met ..

The only solace I have is art...it calms me and helps with my depression, However due to it..it kept me from drawing and painting for a long time... But now i feel well enough to paint again.

Edited by Figure of eighty
  • Praying! 1

15 minutes ago, OneLight said:

Remember ... You are never alone.  God is with you always.

When I first accepted Jesus I was the only one of all the people I knew.  The change in my life from being a drug addict and party goer to a child of God was a tough road, and when things got lonely for me, I just would spend more time with God.  Still, to this day, I have only a handful of people I know who are Christians, but associate with those who are lost more than I thought I would.  I see this as being an example of God to them.  We all have a reason for being where we are in life.  Just look for that reason and you will be able to accept who you are, even if it means you are the only child of God in a group. 

Thank you. Ill try to look for thr reason.. I do ask God why am I alone.. i think if i knew why itd help me to accept this weight and move on and focus on something else.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  839
  • Content Per Day:  0.45

pray about who you could encourage or be friends with,  I understand about being rejected & lonely when I was in high school I didn't have many friends & because i'm slightly disabled with Cerebral Palsy I had very little friends,  I also understand about being in a small group through the church,  I just felt really isolated there although the members of the small group were friendly & talked I still felt weird being there,  I didn't know many people at our former church either,  it was kind of hard

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.81

If any consolation  Jesus was lonely too.  Not even the disciples could understand the loneliness of Doing the will of the Father. He prayed  alone while the disciples slept. He faced the suffering of the cross alone. He felt forsaken by the Father. 

He went through this loneliness for us.  He said we wwould have loneliness for his sake.  I am a lonely Believer but I am consoled by My interment relationship with Him. My favorite worship song is " As the Deer Panteth for the waters the verse that made tears in my eyes was 'Hes my friend and my brother even though you are a King I love you so much more than anything."

I live alone In my little apartment but I am used to being alone but I'm not really alone because we talk together every  day. My wife is went home a year ago but my life in Christ is filled with loneliness that no one could see. I have heart disease. I have chest pain often but I just look up from my Computer and see her picture with her smiling face But she is with Jesus now and I now I will see Jesus and her soon. So I know loneliness but I am comforted because He is  with me, and so is she 

Pray everyday and have a good devotional. spend time with Jesus every day. That what I do.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praying! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

7 hours ago, Figure of eighty said:

Im at the point I just want to give up. Theres no way anyone can survive being a christian alone people are social creatures and those social connectioms help us to weather life's storms. 

I've tried at church , joined groups and just be apart of things, introduce myself to people, invite people out.( volunteered).I even do this at work. But nothing comes of it 

And it put me in a state of depressiom because i have no one to share my feelings and thoughts with. I had online friends but i feel im always in their life until things look up for them and they for gwt about me.. Thats happened numerous times... 

Idk... The loneliness is driving me nearly to suicide becahse there's no end to it.. I try to be personable and i get rejected i dont fit in at church( been to 3. 1 was hurt in a bad way, 2nd too small and people set in their ways, 3rd too big and im just a face in the crowd) or in the world ( coworkers smoke, drink , are drama filled and messy) 

Its even more painful when God is incredibly silent, not speaking or guiding..just incredibly quiet and not really answering prayers..

Idk its to the point i just pray for others because i dont believe or trust God will help me. Seeing as Ive been praying for simple things, like just a christian friend..for years and it hasnt been met ..

The only solace I have is art...it calms me and helps with my depression, However due to it..it kept me from drawing and painting for a long time... But now i feel well enough to paint again.

You need to work on your faith. 

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  45
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

13 hours ago, Figure of eighty said:

Im at the point I just want to give up. Theres no way anyone can survive being a christian alone people are social creatures and those social connectioms help us to weather life's storms

I think I can address this. I am elderly, I live alone and I don't go to church for various reasons. I do love the Lord and He is the only thing that keeps me going at times.

I questioned at first, cried about it, wondered about it, but nothing changed and God didn't seem interested in answering any prayers about it. Over time, I realized that He WAS answering other prayers and He was and is teaching me things I would never have learned from someone else, not even a pastor.

God is your teacher, He is your companion, He is your Father, your Husband, your Help, your Counselor and more.

For me, I find it hard to get past the clamor of what this person believes or that person believes and to look and hear God's voice through the Bible and through prayer to know what I believe and understand. This solitary life makes that possible and awesome.

I don't know if this is a passing phase in your life, but accept it and enjoy it and thank God for it. You could be blessed far more than you realize.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  763
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,897
  • Content Per Day:  3.09
  • Days Won:  1

Don't expect people what they can do for u, expect what you can give for them to glorify God and Jesus.

2 hours ago, Peavey said:

I think I can address this. I am elderly, I live alone and I don't go to church for various reasons. I do love the Lord and He is the only thing that keeps me going at times.

I questioned at first, cried about it, wondered about it, but nothing changed and God didn't seem interested in answering any prayers about it. Over time, I realized that He WAS answering other prayers and He was and is teaching me things I would never have learned from someone else, not even a pastor.

God is your teacher, He is your companion, He is your Father, your Husband, your Help, your Counselor and more.

For me, I find it hard to get past the clamor of what this person believes or that person believes and to look and hear God's voice through the Bible and through prayer to know what I believe and understand. This solitary life makes that possible and awesome.

I don't know if this is a passing phase in your life, but accept it and enjoy it and thank God for it. You could be blessed far more than you realize.

Beautifully said. 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  302
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  1

On 5/23/2019 at 7:57 AM, Figure of eighty said:

The way to gain a friend is to be one. If one is too reserved...no one gets to know you. I noticed you are very reserved in your identification...no city or any particulars. That is not the message of someone looking to connect with others.

When you go to a place you need to go for the sake of others not yourself. If you are selfish then you become like a black hole. A black hole bends all the light to itself...all the attention to itself.

But we are to BE a light for others.

When you go to a church it is better to go to give of yourself. The same with God. You go to God to give of yourself.

When your eyes go to others...and your focus is the well-being of others...you won't be lonely anymore.

Edited by Pekoudah
  • Loved it! 1