• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  33
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

Revelations 7:9-11 says this

"After these things I looked, and behold, a great multitude which no one could count, from every nation and all tribes and peoples and tongues, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, clothed in white robes, and palm branches were in their hands; 10 and they cry out with a loud voice, saying,

“Salvation to our God who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb.” 11 And all the angels were standing around the throne and around the elders and the four living creatures; and they fell on their faces before the throne and worshiped God,"

What I have heard people say is that the next event in church history to happen is the rapture of the church.  Some believe this is symbolized by John being caught up into heaven in Revelation 4.  What I am wondering is if this is true then who are these multitude of people who come from all sorts of different nations and tribes and are so numerous that they can't be counted?  Clearly they are believers who were in the tribulation period.  

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  907
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  07/07/1866

First forget about the pre-trib rapture, then take a guess who that multitude is. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

54 minutes ago, jsimms615 said:

Revelations 7:9-11 says this

"After these things I looked, and behold, a great multitude which no one could count, from every nation and all tribes and peoples and tongues, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, clothed in white robes, and palm branches were in their hands; 10 and they cry out with a loud voice, saying,

“Salvation to our God who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb.” 11 And all the angels were standing around the throne and around the elders and the four living creatures; and they fell on their faces before the throne and worshiped God,"

What I have heard people say is that the next event in church history to happen is the rapture of the church.  Some believe this is symbolized by John being caught up into heaven in Revelation 4.  What I am wondering is if this is true then who are these multitude of people who come from all sorts of different nations and tribes and are so numerous that they can't be counted?  Clearly they are believers who were in the tribulation period.  

These are the tribulation Saints who have come out of the 7 year tribulation. Yes, the rapture of the Church is Biblical. Nothing else needs to happen it is imminent. It was be very quick when it does happen. Unbelievers will enter the 7 year tribulation and some of them will become believers and will become the tribulation saints. Most of them will die for their belief. 

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, missmuffet said:

These are the tribulation Saints who have come out of the 7 year tribulation. Yes, the rapture of the Church is Biblical. Nothing else needs to happen it is imminent. It was be very quick when it does happen. Unbelievers will enter the 7 year tribulation and some of them will become believers and will become the tribulation saints. Most of them will die for their belief. 

In order for this to happen in this manner there would need to be a worldwide revival of which the Bible makes no mention of that I can see during the Tribulation period.  If such a revival does not happen during the Tribulation then a number of martyred believers too numerous to count would not be represented here.  Can you point to a passage that speaks of a worldwide revival of believers in the tribulation period because I don't see it?  I actually see the opposite, that most people seem to become more stubborn and rebellious during the judgment of God on earth

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,987
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  4

6 minutes ago, jsimms615 said:

In order for this to happen in this manner there would need to be a worldwide revival of which the Bible makes no mention of that I can see during the Tribulation period.  If such a revival does not happen during the Tribulation then a number of martyred believers too numerous to count would not be represented here.  Can you point to a passage that speaks of a worldwide revival of believers in the tribulation period because I don't see it?  I actually see the opposite, that most people seem to become more stubborn and rebellious during the judgment of God on earth

This post might be worth your read:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,130
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

2 hours ago, jsimms615 said:

Hi jsimms,

There are not many atheists in the trenches of war, so many turned to God amid the horror. Thus it will be in the tribulation, there is great famine, hunger, thirst because polluted water, and dying of great heat from the sun. All these are what motivate people to cry out to God for help, for their salvation. The great multitude which no one can count, die of `hunger, thirst &/or heat.

`They shall neither hunger anymore nor thirst anymore; the sun shall not strike them, nor any heat.` (Rev. 7: 16)

Many of the great multitude will be those who didn`t look to the Lord for His coming before the tribulation. And many will be those who professed to be believers but lived their lives as the world does, - to themselves.

Marilyn.

51 minutes ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi jsimms,

There are not many atheists in the trenches of war, so many turned to God amid the horror. Thus it will be in the tribulation, there is great famine, hunger, thirst because polluted water, and dying of great heat from the sun. All these are what motivate people to cry out to God for help, for their salvation. The great multitude which no one can count, die of `hunger, thirst &/or heat.

`They shall neither hunger anymore nor thirst anymore; the sun shall not strike them, nor any heat.` (Rev. 7: 16)

Many of the great multitude will be those who didn`t look to the Lord for His coming before the tribulation. And many will be those who professed to be believers but lived their lives as the world does, - to themselves.

Marilyn.

That really doesn't answer my question at all.  I was asking for a specific or specific verses that show that people on earth become sensitive to God's word and repent in numbers too great to count during the tribulation period and the reality is that there isn't any.  Peoples hearts are already so hard that they don't repent.  When the two witnesses die they rejoice over it and don't let anyone bury them.

During the end of the sixth trumpet for example it says

"And the rest of mankind, who were not killed by these plagues, did not repent of the works of their hands, so as not to worship demons, and the idols of gold and of silver and of brass and of stone and of wood, which can neither see nor hear nor walk; and they did not repent of their murders nor of their sorceries nor of their immorality nor of their thefts." Revelations 9:20-21, NASB

When the sixth seal was broke the world's response is recorded in Revelations 6:15-17

"And the kings of the earth and the great men and the commanders and the rich and the strong and every slave and free man, hid themselves in the caves and among the rocks of the mountains; and they said to the mountains and to the rocks, "Fall on us and hide us from the presence of HIm who sits on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb; for the great day of their wrath has come; and who is able to stand?"  

So, they clearly understand their experience to be wrath from God, but their response is not to repent, but to hide in the caves from God's presence.  Clearly these judgments didn't lead to repentance.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, jsimms615 said:

Question: "What are tribulation saints?"

Answer: 
The tribulation saints are, quite simply, saints living during the tribulation. We believe that the church will be raptured before the tribulation, but the Bible indicates that a great number of people during the tribulation will place their faith in Jesus Christ. In his vision of heaven, John sees a vast number of these tribulation saints who have been martyred by the Antichrist: “There before me was a great multitude that no one could count, from every nation, tribe, people and language, standing before the throne and in front of the Lamb. They were wearing white robes and were holding palm branches in their hands” (Revelation 7:9). When John asks who they are, he is told, “These are they who have come out of the great tribulation; they have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb” (verse 14).

The tribulation will be a time of great trouble for the wicked, because of God’s judgments. It will also be a time of great persecution for the believers—or saints—because of the Antichrist’s persecution (Revelation 13:7). Daniel saw the Antichrist “waging war against the saints and defeating them” (Daniel 7:21). Of course, the saints’ eternal salvation is secure: Daniel also saw that “the Ancient of Days came and pronounced judgment in favor of the saints of the Most High, and the time came when they possessed the kingdom” (Daniel 7:22; cf. Revelation 14:12–13). 

The tribulation saints will hear the gospel from several possible sources. The first is the Bible; there will be many copies of the Bible left in the world, and when God’s judgments begin to fall, many people will likely react by finding a Bible to see if prophecies are being fulfilled. Many of the tribulation saints will also have heard the gospel from the two witnesses (Revelation 11:1–13). The Bible says these two individuals “will prophesy for 1,260 days [three and a half years]” (verse 3) and perform great miracles (verse 6). And then there are the 144,000 Jewish missionaries who are redeemed and sealed by God during the tribulation (Revelation 7:1–8). Immediately following the description of their sealing in Revelation 7, we read of the multitudes of tribulation saints who are saved from every corner of the world (verses 9–17).

The tribulation saints will serve their Lord Jesus Christ in the midst of desperate surroundings. Faithful to the end, many of these believers will die for their faith. But in their death, they overcome; “They overcame [Satan] by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony; they did not love their lives so much as to shrink from death” (Revelation 12:11). And God will reward them: “He who sits on the throne will spread his tent over them. Never again will they hunger; never again will they thirst. The sun will not beat upon them, nor any scorching heat. For the Lamb at the center of the throne will be their shepherd; he will lead them to springs of living water. And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes” (Revelation 7:15–17). 

We praise the Lord that the great day of trouble will also be a great day of grace. Even as God is meting out His just punishment on an unbelieving world, He will be restoring Israel to faith and extending grace to all who believe, both Jew and Gentile. God has always been in the business of saving people, and that salvation will still be available during the tribulation. Don’t wait until then, however; receive Jesus now (John 1:12).

https://www.gotquestions.org/tribulation-saints.html

Edited by missmuffet

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.42
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

4 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

We believe that the church will be raptured before the tribulation, but the Bible indicates that a great number of people during the tribulation will place their faith in Jesus Christ.

Got Questions got that right, lol, there are things that they believe, and then there is what the Bible says!

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

Got Questions got that right, lol, there are things that they believe, and then there is what the Bible says!

That is your choice. Life if full of them..