• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.89
  • Days Won:  5

1 hour ago, Betha said:

This is so true.....proof of the pudding is in the eating....that is when YOU really know what it tastes like....not by others telling you all about it !

Way to go  Bertha!!......every person on this planet says “ the proof is in the pudding”...... you got it right! Now if we can just get people to say “ couldn’t care less” when they say “ could care less” I could go to my grave a happy man....lol

• Haha 2

Trying to make sense out of the Bible without the indwelling Holy SPIRIT is a Fool’s Errand.If you see reading the Bible as a chore, or if you think reading one verse a day , jumping all over the place is going to accomplish anything other that to say, “ hey! I read the Bible”, you may as well put it away.Get the Spirit Of God in you and that Book will come alive!How does one get that Spirit? Ask. “ Everyone that asks receives”.

• Thumbs Up 1

Oops.....just noticed that your name is Betha— not Bertha......you could probably care less, but I am sorry about that error .....

• Loved it! 1

On 5/24/2019 at 5:24 AM, Pekoudah said:

Hi Darrell...of course we can change. Change comes about in 2 ways...gradually and suddenly. Do you believe this? If you do then your attitude will facilitate that change much sooner. It's when we don't believe we can change that we have the hardest time acting differently.

Prayer helps too! :)

Again.....The only change God is interested in for the Unbeliever is to change their mind( repent ) about who they are ( changing from “ i’m Good enough” to “ I am lost”) and to who Jesus was (changing your belief that He was a good and wise man to He is God in the flesh and my Savior) Only the Holy Spirit can open ones eyes to these Truths.The Bible says “ turn to me and I will turn to you”. I recommend that you turn to Jesus as a lost sinner and ask Him to save you.He will.

God, for your faith, will give you the Holy Spirit.That Spirit will change you from the inside out— that “ inside of the cup “ thing He talked about .To summarize , God approves any change for the better,but it’s a willingness to “ BE changed” that will count in the end.That requires Faith— the thing that God always desires. “ The Righteous shall LIVE by faith”

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,644
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

On 5/23/2019 at 7:03 PM, Darrell 48 said:

I am having trouble understanding the bible, I read it and next thing I find what  I forget what I just read.  is this what Jesus was talking abought in Matthew 13:3,

when abought the various types of soil ? And if so can one change ?

Keys to the Kingdom

2 Peter 1:20-21 ("Know this first" the Holy Spirit interprets the Bible since he wrote the Bible)

1 John 4:1 (Test the spirits to be certain it's him the Holy Spirit) which we should do about all things anyway (1 Thessalonians 5:21)

Acts 17:11 (the scriptures are how to test all things) also 2 Timothy 3:16-17

Proverbs 25: 2, Deuteronomy 29:29, Psalm 119 etc.

With the Holy Spirit as your personal tutor, you will know (and remember) the truth and the truth shall set you free (from

worries like which soil are you from).

Soils:

1. don't know / don't care

2. don't care enough to say no to the world when it comes right down to a choice between it and God

3. care only about the latest fad  or about making self look good

4. genuine concern and a care about God and the things of the spirit

You certainly sound like you have genuine concern... only you really know.

• Brilliant! 1