IGNORED

Am I wrong to disown my friend for abortion?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Hi everyone,

My dearest friend informed me exactly one week ago that about a year ago she had an abortion behind her husbands back as she didn’t want another baby. She was upset. The baby was 6 weeks old. She murdered a six week old child and I can’t even look at her. Never mind the lies she told her poor husband, I just cannot believe her actions.

Is it wrong that I feel like I need to cut her out of my life now? We have been friends for over 10 years but my husband agrees that we shouldn’t be associating with a woman that murdered her unborn baby. 

I just wanted some advice to be sure my feelings were reasonable and I was doing the right thing. 

Thank you

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

Hi Mary, 

Yeah, I agree what a horrible thing to do out of a simple matter of inconvenience. Abortion is awful no matter what the reason. I admire both you and your husband's feelings concerning this situation, but feel it would be unfortunate to give up on your friend due to it. I am guessing she obviously doesn't know the Lord. Not a lost cause for Jesus in any respect. Keep the friendship, and pray for her. Try hard not to pass judgement, and attempt to lead her to Christ. God bless you.

Shalom, 

David/BeauJangles

• Loved it! 3

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  904
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,642
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

6 hours ago, Marylovesjesus998 said:

Hi everyone,

My dearest friend informed me exactly one week ago that about a year ago she had an abortion behind her husbands back as she didn’t want another baby. She was upset. The baby was 6 weeks old. She murdered a six week old child and I can’t even look at her. Never mind the lies she told her poor husband, I just cannot believe her actions.

Is it wrong that I feel like I need to cut her out of my life now? We have been friends for over 10 years but my husband agrees that we shouldn’t be associating with a woman that murdered her unborn baby. 

I just wanted some advice to be sure my feelings were reasonable and I was doing the right thing. 

Thank you

Sometimes tough love is the best medicine.

We all (to some degree) delve deeply into our self serving excuses... why things we condemn others for, we generally give ourselves a pass on.

Not saying this is the case with you, Mary. I'm making the point that this is most likely what your friend is doing. 

And by the loss of your friendship AND the possibility that you might tell her husband... hint hint... may force her to face the truth about 

what happened.

Pray for her pray for her husband / family.

Be strong for their sakes.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  950
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,532
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

On 5/24/2019 at 4:27 AM, Marylovesjesus998 said:

Hi,

Praying that our creator will lead to a more generous mode than the one written about at this time.

Sure Glad my Lord and savior Jesus has a most generous heart toward me, in my own plight! He went so far as to die for me in order to cover my sins, so that I may be seen as clean washed white as snow in the eye of His Father. 

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  45
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  11/05/1974

Let's look at it this way: Should you be disowned for your sins in your life? Just because God hates sin doesn't mean He hates us. He loves us so much that he sent His Son to die on the cross for you and for your friend. He does not nor did He ever disowned her for the abortion she had. So your question if you are wrong for disowning her because of the abortion....  YES YOU ARE WRONG! Definitely not Christlike.

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  3,298
  • Content Per Day:  1.73

On 24 May 2019 at 9:27 AM, Marylovesjesus998 said:

Hi everyone,

Thank you

Not an easy one to answer.

Is this women a Christian? How close to you does she live? Does she attend your church?

All I know about her is that she was upset about having had an abortion.

How upset was she?

May I suggest that you don't cut her out of your life. She clearly values your friendship to tell you her secret.

If you can't maintain her friendship and try to help and support her. Please pray for her physical, mental and spiritual healing. As well as for her husband and family.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.35
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

On ‎5‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 1:27 AM, Marylovesjesus998 said:

Hi everyone,

Thank you

I think many of the folks who answered you , need to go back and read first corinthains chapter five .

YES we must separate from their company .  IF paul said separate from a covetous one    ,   then I would say murder is a good reason too .

The first step would be to correct her ,  if she heeds not then take another witness or two with you and let every word be established .

She must confess this evil and repent of it .   

She must confess it to her husband as well .

The pattern is confess and forsake .       Too many are beginning to pander to the emotions of men and not the WORD and pattern o GOD .

If we put men above GOD or His word or pattern,  we are in dire trouble .

SO do the pattern JESUS first set and paul and others kept .    Rebuke her and if she heeds not bring more witnesses .

IF she keeps not heeding , cast her out .  GOD will judge those outside .    We do pray she repents and will be restored .  But you are your husband are right in this case .

• Thumbs Up 1