IGNORED

Am I wrong to disown my friend for abortion?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  56
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

What would Christ do?  Would He cast the sinner away forever unforgiven, eternally lost?  Or would He lovingly embrace the sinner extending forgiveness 70 x 7 while commanding repentance and contrition, absolving all sin (even the abhorable sin of abortion) releasing the sinner from the hold of the netherworld to "sin no more"?  We Christians must always try to imitate Christ in our lives; a truly tall order to say the least.  I believe it would be best to maintain a loving relationship with your friend, acknowledging the gravity of her sin of abortion, but always being supportive of her ability to choose to accept the infinite mercy of Christ.  We must never judge the condition of another's soul.  Ultimate judgement is the sole domain of God the Father.  Hate sin, love sinners; not for their sinfulness but because they are human souls created by God.  Judge not; lest ye be judged.  Pretty sound advice I believe.  Finally, in seeking an answer to your question I advise that you pray, pray, pray.  Then sit quietly, patiently open to the divine inspiration that will be given to you in God's good time.  He will speak to your heart on a personal level.  He wants to guide you, to comfort you, to save you.  We are all precious to Him beyond our ability to discern.  Forgive others; forgive yourself and trust totally in God's grace.  He will not abandon any of us if we open ourselves to Him despite our dreadful sinfulness.  To believe otherwise is to disrespect our creator and our precious savior.     

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  20

36 minutes ago, francesco said:

What would Christ do?  Would He cast the sinner away forever unforgiven, eternally lost? 

He Himself gave instructions in the Bible:   IF someone in the assembly sins,  and repents of their sin , not continuing with their sin after being correctly chastised appropriately by one or two members and then by the elders or the assembly, 

THEN they can remain in fellowshiop.

IF someone in the assembly sins,  and after appropriate action as directed ,  they continue in their sin ,

then take the action directed in Scripture ,   and if they continue in their sin,  put them out of the assembly,

with the purpose that they will turn around with Godly sorrow and they will repent,  so they may be

again brought back in to the fellowship.    THus as directed by Jesus,  KEEP the fellowship pure and holy by following HIS DIRECTIONS.

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  20

9 hours ago, BeauJangles said:

I almost hate to break up this ever growing contention among yourselves, but @Marylovesjesus998 left the next day after she joined Worthy Christian Forums: May 24th. Just an FYI. God bless. 

Shalom, 

David/BeauJangles

I wonder if it was a sock account,  or even if not,  if it was just meant to spur dispute and get things posted to be copied and collated (saved and sorted) out later to be used against the posters who respond ......

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  2,280
  • Content Per Day:  1.25
  • Days Won:  2

On 6/18/2019 at 5:25 PM, crisie said:

The word friend seems to be a mistake , there are a lot of judge and jury people in this world ,i feel really blessed reading your letter ,blessed i have real friend and  sorry but she really does not need a friend like you ,what mistakes she makes in life are heavy enough for her to carry and she made another mistake thinking of you as a friend , sad .

The issue is whether or not the person is sorry for killing her baby.   I could be close friends with a person and later discover they were not who I thought they were.  They beat their wife and molested children or something else like that.  In this case, she found out her friend killed her unborn child behind her husband's back.  That is no small matter.  Yes, there is forgiveness through Christ, but did she repent?  

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,167
  • Content Per Day:  1.22

It takes, maturity, God consciousness truly living within a christian persons heart and growing within a christian person heart to recognize to the full extent  and gravity of making the decision to have and abortion , because the dictates of society view things very differently .

The society we live in teach its ok to get an abortion especially if its done in the first six weeks after conception. This is basically the time frame that standard suction abortions are done.  So if a person is thinking and influenced through societies standards, they have been inducted into thinking  that the fetus has not even yet developed enough to feel pain, so its ok. Justification by societies view is that abortion, especially in the very early stages of pregnancy is acceptable and a women choice.  Up to 14 to 16 weeks pregnant women have an aspiration abortion, while D&E abortions are typically performed at 14 to 16 weeks or after. . When abortion happens at a later stage, its usually because the mother has found out her child may be with a handicap or that the pregnancy is life threatening and prefer to abort rather than to bring a handicap or sick child into the world. The mother may even think she is making the best choice for the child to prevent it from further misery .  Whatever the case society has brainwashed the majority to believe its ok to abort a child.

So perhaps the "friend" who chose abortion was not as grounded in her relationship with the Lord, was to young to consider the depth of what she was doing, as many abortion are performed on teenagers, had nobody to talk to at the time, felt pressured by the boyfriend to get the abortion, or was completely terrified at the idea of being pregnant and fearing for her own life, was terrified and  had nobody to talk to about it, was raped and did not want to have anything in her that was part of the papist, ect...  Their are many factors to consider why a person has chosen to get an abortion.

I believe that a fair number women who do get abortions, later in time and with maturity have a lifetime regret about what they chose to do.

One very important thing to consider is most people are brainwashed/hypnotized by this world and its standards, so much so, that when caught in a dilemma, there first impulse thinking is what society has decreed and implanted in there reference of reasoning.

Unless a person has been grounded in firm bible believing christian roots and has walked a close walk with Christ Jesus from a very early age,( and even still then) they will be more than less likely also preconditioned to heed to what the norms of society dictates as normal and acceptable. 

The norms of today  is that is ok for a teenager to engage in sex, and many secular families (and even so-called "christian" families allow their children to engage in sexual activity in their own house.

I actually  have had to distance myself from a high school friend, and some family friends that i grew up with (Catholics)  who allow their own teanage children to date & engage in sex in their home and justify it as being the norm of today. These same person claim to be good Christians " Catholic" or other while allowing this to happen in their own home. Go figure. they think that practicing yoga is also very acceptable, but that is for another discussion...

The point I am trying to drive in is that society , the media, the news, is very very secular and the majority of people have been,memorized,/hypnotized, through the power of media suggestion,indoctrinated by secular beliefs and standards, into the world system to the point that if they ever had any True Godly Consciousness in them , its no longer fully operating in them anymore, or its becoming less and less and more and more corroded "seared" by the dictates of the secular world we live in, yet very ironically, they still believe they are very moral people. These same will or are blaspheming the Holy Spirit and will be very suggestible and open to accept the antichrist when it comes.

So again, if a person who you consider a friend has had an abortion, and they have repented for their actions like any other sinner, they are forgiven in Christ Jesus. But if a friend has no regret, no remorse for their actions, and keeps justifying their worldly actions, well then, they are just far away from the Lord and don't realize it, and need to develop a new or renewed relationship with Christ Jesus as their personal savior.  All we can do as Christians are to remain shinning lights, sharing the message of Christ Jesus, but not to partaking or engage in activities with the world system or people partaking in the world system of activities that run contrary to Gods WORD

And like being with any active sinner, its best to keep ones distance from active sinners. You can bring them the message of Christ Jesus, but if they reject it, we are to dust our feet off and walk away and not engage with them in any of their secular activities.

I must say that where I live, there are very very few true Christians. Most are all mesmerized by the secular standards of the world and still believe they are very moral and christian, and its nearly next to impossible to reason with them what the bible has to say, unless the Lord draws them to Him.

So its best to pray for them from a distance, and continue to live your christian life in the Truth of Gods will found in the Holy Bible.

Just a passing note: Yesterday I went to visit an 94 year old lady who lives alone. She was the sister of one of my late fathers high school chums whom my father remained friends with a lifetime, who is also now past. Out of care, and because I know this lady is alone, I call this lady, and visit her and let her know she is not alone, and that I am there for her if anything happens. Well this lady is a Catholic and watches secular t.v. and  believes the news & media propaganda and the trappings of the world system. And is very closed minded to hear anything different from how she thinks.  So  yesterday while visiting her I tried to give her an uplifting christian CD of bible praises, she told me something must have gone wrong in my head to have left the Catholic faith and carried on accusing me of being a fundamental christian who hates Catholics. Now, I never once told her I hated Catholics, however I have tried to point out to her the history of the RCC church to no avail and have not persisted on it as I see her mind is totally closed off to even reason with facts. So since  there is no reasoning that I can do with her, as she is so closed minded and conditioned by her Catholic indoctrination and secular living, all I can do now is be respectful and polite and try and meet her with what we do have in common: "Christ Jesus ". and bring to her attention the Mercy and Grace of Christ Jesus.

But even in Bible "so called" believing churches,(other than catholic) the closest near me being "christian missionary lliance church" where the pastor, has promoted the book a purpose driven life,  drinks bear, is a gossip, has a gay son, and organizes christian events where the ladies sell beer to whoever attends and where its congregations consists and promotes being very proud, wealthy, competitive, who also gossip and think they are better than most and look you down from the corner of their eyes if you are not one of them: a mixture of christian and secular beliefs.

So basically Christian values are being diluted everywhere (even on christian sites).

How  then, can a true bible believing person help another one , when the other person has closed their minds away from the standards of the bible and are hypnotized by the standards of today?

I have found that there is precious little, but to stand your ground in love on the biblical precepts of Christ Word, be a Christ -like  example, and not get to involved with people who choose to live by secular standards, but be available always to share the gospel of Mercy and Grace through Christ Jesus to anyone who asks .

Edited by 1to3

• 1 year later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  1,176
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Birthday:  04/29/1987

On 5/24/2019 at 9:27 AM, Marylovesjesus998 said:

Hi everyone,

My dearest friend informed me exactly one week ago that about a year ago she had an abortion behind her husbands back as she didn’t want another baby. She was upset. The baby was 6 weeks old. She murdered a six week old child and I can’t even look at her. Never mind the lies she told her poor husband, I just cannot believe her actions.

Is it wrong that I feel like I need to cut her out of my life now? We have been friends for over 10 years but my husband agrees that we shouldn’t be associating with a woman that murdered her unborn baby. 

I just wanted some advice to be sure my feelings were reasonable and I was doing the right thing. 

Thank you

Yes she made her own choice but that doesnt mean you cannot be her friend.