IGNORED

Am I wrong to disown my friend for abortion?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  951
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,559
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

1 minute ago, BeauJangles said:

This could be true, and why Marylovesjesus99 never replied, and also hasn't shown activity since Friday. 

Or it could be she is at the USA and is taking part in a three day holiday weekend. Or ... or .... none the less her OP has already served a good purpose of  God in and for my life. All things do work together for good for those that believe on Jesus as Lord, God and personal savior, even the harsh and the bad and most difficult of events, and thoughts regarding them all. So in all things I may give thanks, much as Job commented -( paraphrased) do I not take the bad along with the good from God? 

Even this thread as all things serves the good purpose of God in my own life.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  839
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Days Won:  0

I wouldn't give up on your friend if she had an abortion,  I would be there for her & pray for her,  even though what she did was wrong she needs alot of encouragement right now, 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  11
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

I personally would look at the individual case, maybe having a baby could have been life threatening for her, not all situations are black and white.

However, if it was done for mere convenience sake, then that is defiling the sanctity of life, which must be protected at all costs, in my opinion.

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,143
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

On 5/24/2019 at 3:27 AM, Marylovesjesus998 said:

Hi everyone,

My dearest friend informed me exactly one week ago that about a year ago she had an abortion behind her husbands back as she didn’t want another baby. She was upset. The baby was 6 weeks old. She murdered a six week old child and I can’t even look at her. Never mind the lies she told her poor husband, I just cannot believe her actions.

Is it wrong that I feel like I need to cut her out of my life now? We have been friends for over 10 years but my husband agrees that we shouldn’t be associating with a woman that murdered her unborn baby. 

I just wanted some advice to be sure my feelings were reasonable and I was doing the right thing. 

Thank you

Would you have peace to see her crying out from the flames of hell?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  1,209
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Birthday:  10/10/1947

On 5/24/2019 at 4:27 AM, Marylovesjesus998 said:

Hi everyone,

My dearest friend informed me exactly one week ago that about a year ago she had an abortion behind her husbands back as she didn’t want another baby. She was upset. The baby was 6 weeks old. She murdered a six week old child and I can’t even look at her. Never mind the lies she told her poor husband, I just cannot believe her actions.

Is it wrong that I feel like I need to cut her out of my life now? We have been friends for over 10 years but my husband agrees that we shouldn’t be associating with a woman that murdered her unborn baby. 

I just wanted some advice to be sure my feelings were reasonable and I was doing the right thing. 

Thank you

Murder is a sin.  Making it legal doesn't make it right.   

Have you gone to your friend and told her how you feel about what she had done?   Seems to me a friendship of ten years cannot be brought to a proper end unless there is a confrontation of some sort. You owe each other that much.  

God forgives, but ONLY when one repents of sin.   God does not hear the prayers of sinners except the prayer of repentance.   Why should we do otherwise?

If your friend is repentant of her sin and willing to make restitution (*), then your friendship can continue.  If she refuses and makes political statements justifying her murderous act then you will have no choice but to abandon the relationship.   Understand that it is sin which forces us to turn our backs upon God and others so as to justify our wickedness.

You may find that if you stand your ground on the issue of murder and if your friend is unrepentant, that it is your friend who may turn her back on you.   The onus for change is therefore on her, not you.

So it is with all sinners before God.  The judgment with which we are judged is brought upon us by our own words and actions.

Murder cannot be accepted, but repentance of the act of murder is grounds for forgiveness and a continuing relationship.   God is about relationships, but only those which are pure and not stained with the blood of innocent people.  

that's me, hollering from the choir loft....

(*) What sort of restitution can one make for murdering a baby?  One can volunteer at a community center which promotes the choice of life and which supports and instructs young mothers and fathers in their responsibilities for a new child.

Edited by choir loft

8 hours ago, enoob57 said:

Would you have peace to see her crying out from the flames of hell?

There is no hell.

There is the Second Death - severance from the person and presence of God and life.

There is no eternal punishment, but there is the finality of spiritual death, extermination, annihilation and deletion.  Death is the end of all things spiritual and physical.  Hell is the invention of fear mongering churches who hope to gather and retain members by means of terror.  It isn't in the Bible and it isn't of God.

God kills.  God is not a sociopathic torturer.

One would hope the woman who murders her innocent child would repent of her sin and seek forgiveness from Christ and those she pretends to love and respect.

that's me, hollering from the choir loft...

Edited by choir loft

1 minute ago, choir loft said:

There is no hell.

There is the Second Death - severance from the person and presence of God and life.

There is no eternal punishment, but there is the finality of spiritual death, extermination, annihilation and deletion.

One would hope the woman who murders her innocent child would repent of her sin and seek forgiveness from Christ and those she pretends to love and respect.

The Bible indicates otherwise and study will verify what God says rather than man: https://carm.org/hell-eternal

8 hours ago, GnosticWarrior777 said:

I personally would look at the individual case, maybe having a baby could have been life threatening for her, not all situations are black and white.

However, if it was done for mere convenience sake, then that is defiling the sanctity of life, which must be protected at all costs, in my opinion.

Have you seen statistics?

Most abortions are an act of birth control, not because of rape, incest, disease or accident.

Abortion in America is murder for the sake of convenience.   It's also a form of racial repression.   Consider that more blacks and hispanics are murdered in their mother's body than whites - by a large margin.  It's a good idea if society wants fewer non-whites running around.

Abortion is still murder whether it is legal or not.  Sin is never a good idea.

that's me, hollering from the choir loft.... 

Edited by choir loft
  • Thumbs Up 1

52 minutes ago, enoob57 said:

The Bible indicates otherwise and study will verify what God says rather than man: https://carm.org/hell-eternal

Your link quotes an interpretation, not the Word of God.   It's teaching and conclusions are invalid - not of God.

Consider the words being used in the Word of God.

Consider fire, which is the image always employed by the Bible to describe the Second Death.

Fire may burn continually, but that which is thrown into it is consumed completely.  (That's how your car works, by the way.   If fuel burns constantly then you'd never need to refill your gas tank.  THINK about the nature of things.  This is why fire is used to describe what happens to the unsaved at the moment of physical death.)

That's what fire does.  It destroys.  Completely and totally.   The destruction is described as eternal because there is no second chance.  You can't reburn last weekend's charcoal to cook burgers and hot dogs today.  THINK.

Did something in nature suddenly change so as to promote fear mongering and to usurp the nature of God?   May it never be.

Have you EVER seen a fire where the fuel burns constantly?  No, because it exists nowhere.   The very nature of fuel is to be used up, consumed and unmade.

Has the Bible suddenly redefined the meaning of words so as to present God as a sociopathic torturer who runs a dungeon in the bowels of earth?  No.  It has not.

The meanings of words and phrases are kept simple so that simple minds can comprehend simple matters.

Even so, those who promote lies and fear will change the meanings of words so as to promote their own devious agenda.

God kills.

God does not torture.

Consider what sort of God you worship.   Your doctrine needs to be reexamined.  You can't do that unless your thinking about common things is clear.   

This being said and established we may look with greater appreciation upon the meaning of that which God has provided in the SECOND BIRTH.   Not for nothing does the Bible contrast immortal life with the ultimate unmaking of the second death.   In light of this clear thinking the Second Birth is the greatest act of God since creation of the universe itself.  

If there is no Second Death, the unmaking of the human spirit for all time and eternity, then the Second Birth really means nothing at all.

If the nature of man is to die physically and spiritually, then how GREAT is the hope of those who look to Christ for the Second Birth and His promise of immortality.   THINK ABOUT IT.   It's more, much more, than membership in the neighborhood church.   God's gift of immortal life is the ultimate expression of divine mercy in the face of our natural destiny - physical & spiritual death.

Edited by choir loft

20 minutes ago, choir loft said:

Your link quotes an interpretation, not the Word of God.   It's teaching and conclusions are invalid - not of God.

Consider the words being used in the Word of God.

Consider fire, which is the image always employed by the Bible to describe the Second Death.

Fire may burn continually, but that which is thrown into it is consumed completely.  (That's how your car works, by the way.   If fuel burns constantly then you'd never need to refill your gas tank.  THINK about the nature of things.  This is why fire is used to describe what happens to the unsaved at the moment of physical death.)

That's what fire does.  It destroys.  Completely and totally.   The destruction is described as eternal because there is no second chance.  You can't reburn last weekend's charcoal to cook burgers and hot dogs today.  THINK.

Did something in nature suddenly change so as to promote fear mongering and to usurp the nature of God?   May it never be.

Have you EVER seen a fire where the fuel burns constantly?  No, because it exists nowhere.   The very nature of fuel is to be used up, consumed and unmade.

Has the Bible suddenly redefined the meaning of words so as to present God as a sociopathic torturer who runs a dungeon in the bowels of earth?  No.  It has not.

The meanings of words and phrases are kept simple so that simple minds can comprehend simple matters.

Even so, those who promote lies and fear will change the meanings of words so as to promote their own devious agenda.

God kills.

God does not torture.

Consider what sort of God you worship.   Your doctrine needs to be reexamined.  You can't do that unless your thinking about common things is clear.   

This being said and established we may look with greater appreciation upon the meaning of that which God has provided in the SECOND BIRTH.   Not for nothing does the Bible contrast immortal life with the ultimate unmaking of the second death.   In light of this clear thinking the Second Birth is the greatest act of God since creation of the universe itself.  

If there is no Second Death, the unmaking of the human spirit for all time and eternity, then the Second Birth really means nothing at all.

If the nature of man is to die physically and spiritually, then how GREAT is the hope of those who look to Christ for the Second Birth and His promise of immortality.   THINK ABOUT IT.   It's more, much more, than membership in the neighborhood church.   God's gift of immortal life is the ultimate expression of divine mercy in the face of our natural destiny - physical & spiritual death.

the major premise of your post is God confined by His own creation and that simply is not so! The rest is humanism's plea to design a god acceptable to the mind....