IGNORED

Am I wrong to disown my friend for abortion?

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

3 minutes ago, johnthebaptist said:

We don't know when life begins. We do know it is unjust to force a woman to give birth when the pregnancy is the result of rape.

Do you feel guilty for some sin earlier in life ?   You keep repeating these false statements over and over again.......

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,280
  • Content Per Day:  1.24
  • Days Won:  2

1 minute ago, johnthebaptist said:

We don't know when life begins. We do know it is unjust to force a woman to give birth when the pregnancy is the result of rape.

WE do not know that.  I know when life begins, at conception.   

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  119
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

On 5/24/2019 at 3:27 AM, Marylovesjesus998 said:

Hi everyone,

My dearest friend informed me exactly one week ago that about a year ago she had an abortion behind her husbands back as she didn’t want another baby. She was upset. The baby was 6 weeks old. She murdered a six week old child and I can’t even look at her. Never mind the lies she told her poor husband, I just cannot believe her actions.

Is it wrong that I feel like I need to cut her out of my life now? We have been friends for over 10 years but my husband agrees that we shouldn’t be associating with a woman that murdered her unborn baby. 

I just wanted some advice to be sure my feelings were reasonable and I was doing the right thing. 

Thank you

i say, vis a vis the wrongness or rightness of how you have responded

it depends. I say pray for her, but 1 Cor 6:14 (I believe it is) tells us not to associate with unbelievers. Is she a believer at this time? has she repented of it? 

that is what makes the difference in deciding what to do

Edited by cantankerous5

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  6
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  08/01/1961

The word friend seems to be a mistake , there are a lot of judge and jury people in this world ,i feel really blessed reading your letter ,blessed i have real friend and  sorry but she really does not need a friend like you ,what mistakes she makes in life are heavy enough for her to carry and she made another mistake thinking of you as a friend , sad .

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  183
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Birthday:  04/06/1987

On 5/24/2019 at 1:27 AM, Marylovesjesus998 said:

Hi everyone,

My dearest friend informed me exactly one week ago that about a year ago she had an abortion behind her husbands back as she didn’t want another baby. She was upset. The baby was 6 weeks old. She murdered a six week old child and I can’t even look at her. Never mind the lies she told her poor husband, I just cannot believe her actions.

Is it wrong that I feel like I need to cut her out of my life now? We have been friends for over 10 years but my husband agrees that we shouldn’t be associating with a woman that murdered her unborn baby. 

I just wanted some advice to be sure my feelings were reasonable and I was doing the right thing. 

Thank you

Hi Mary, 

My opinion is we are not to judge others, but love everyone. 

In my opinion that does not mean love only those who have not sinned, or those who have not committed abortion (murder).

Because you are a person of Christ, you can help her!

As long as you are still alive, you still have the potential to repent. 

So when someone who truly needs repentance is turned away and written off, then the person who writes them off and disowns them has no way to help them any more.

There are a lot of people in this world who have murdered people, and have truly repented, and given their life to Christ and changed their ways completely, A LOT.

There are also A LOT of people who have committed other sins and repented, and gave their life to Christ and changed their ways.

6. Romans 3:23 For everyone has sinned; we all fall short of God’s glorious standard.

So this is my opinion, If you have never sinned before, then disown her.

But if you have sinned before, my opinion is you should love her as much as you possibly can, and show her the love that Christianity has given to all who believes in Christ so that she may see this and have a desire to live in the love of Christ as well.

Edited by BrandonRTyler

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  875
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Days Won:  1

This breaks my heart for all concerned. I had abortion at 18. It ruined me spiritually for many years. I became so depressed and sad. I’m old now, but I can’t shake it off. I know I’m forgiven. I have 2 adult children now who love the Lord and walk in His ways. God is great. However, my spirit goes back sometimes to my ultimate sin. I can’t stand it!  I cry even 35 years later. It broke me. I want all women to understand abortion will ruin your life and your hopes and dreams. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  243
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,554
  • Content Per Day:  0.77

As an expecting single mom this makes me so sad to read. People could shun because I'm a single mom and what not but no one is perfect . What if God decided to disassociate from you because of your sins? doesn't feel good. So please be there for your friend. She needs a friend.

• 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  125
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,083
  • Content Per Day:  0.57
  • Birthday:  09/15/1956

On 5/24/2019 at 4:27 AM, Marylovesjesus998 said:

Hi everyone,

Thank you

Jesus reached out to Saul who murdered believers.

Where in the Bible does it say we are not to associate with unrepentant murders?

http://www.amatteroftruth.com/is-shunning-biblical

https://www.openbible.info/topics/shunning

https://www.openbible.info/topics/shunning_a_friend

https://www.kingjamesbibleonline.org/Bible-Verses-About-Shunning/

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  125
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,083
  • Content Per Day:  0.57
  • Birthday:  09/15/1956

John 4:1-42 New International Version (NIV)
Jesus Talks With a Samaritan Woman
4 Now Jesus learned that the Pharisees had heard that he was gaining and baptizing more disciples than John— 2 although in fact it was not Jesus who baptized, but his disciples. 3 So he left Judea and went back once more to Galilee.

4 Now he had to go through Samaria. 5 So he came to a town in Samaria called Sychar, near the plot of ground Jacob had given to his son Joseph. 6 Jacob’s well was there, and Jesus, tired as he was from the journey, sat down by the well. It was about noon.

7 When a Samaritan woman came to draw water, Jesus said to her, “Will you give me a drink?” 8 (His disciples had gone into the town to buy food.)

9 The Samaritan woman said to him, “You are a Jew and I am a Samaritan woman. How can you ask me for a drink?” (For Jews do not associate with Samaritans.[a])

10 Jesus answered her, “If you knew the gift of God and who it is that asks you for a drink, you would have asked him and he would have given you living water.”

11 “Sir,” the woman said, “you have nothing to draw with and the well is deep. Where can you get this living water? 12 Are you greater than our father Jacob, who gave us the well and drank from it himself, as did also his sons and his livestock?”

13 Jesus answered, “Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again, 14 but whoever drinks the water I give them will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give them will become in them a spring of water welling up to eternal life.”

15 The woman said to him, “Sir, give me this water so that I won’t get thirsty and have to keep coming here to draw water.”

16 He told her, “Go, call your husband and come back.”

17 “I have no husband,” she replied.

Jesus said to her, “You are right when you say you have no husband. 18 The fact is, you have had five husbands, and the man you now have is not your husband. What you have just said is quite true.”

19 “Sir,” the woman said, “I can see that you are a prophet. 20 Our ancestors worshiped on this mountain, but you Jews claim that the place where we must worship is in Jerusalem.”

21 “Woman,” Jesus replied, “believe me, a time is coming when you will worship the Father neither on this mountain nor in Jerusalem. 22 You Samaritans worship what you do not know; we worship what we do know, for salvation is from the Jews. 23 Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in the Spirit and in truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks. 24 God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in the Spirit and in truth.”

25 The woman said, “I know that Messiah” (called Christ) “is coming. When he comes, he will explain everything to us.”

26 Then Jesus declared, “I, the one speaking to you—I am he.”

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

I almost hate to break up this ever growing contention among yourselves, but @Marylovesjesus998 left the next day after she joined Worthy Christian Forums: May 24th. Just an FYI. God bless. 

Shalom, 

David/BeauJangles

Edited by BeauJangles
  • Thumbs Up 1