IGNORED

Am I wrong to disown my friend for abortion?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.95
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

20 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

She must confess it to her husband as well .

19 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

She must confess this evil and repent of it. 

Well, she did confess this to Mary, and it would seem she does feel terrible about it. A good sign towards hopeful repentance. Salvation is a key element here, I think this woman needs Jesus. Perhaps the Lord could give Mary a chance to help lead her in this direction. Just my two shekels worth. God bless. 

Shalom, 

David/BeauJangles

• Thumbs Up 2
  • This is Worthy 1

1 hour ago, Cletus said:

did you pray about it?

I'm sure although perhaps not directly asked this, it was however implied. I also don't see a response from the OP either. We do seem to have quite a lot of 'hit-and-run' incidents as well. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

I also know someone who was saved due to the fact that she had an abortion when she was a teen.  25 years later she still mourns for the child on its anniversary in spite of the fact that God has forgiven her.  She has trouble forgiving herself.  She has 3 kids now and is a terrific mom.  If she is not saved I would invite her to church or to a Bible study with you.  If she had been a church goer and is repenting, she needs to be restored.  But if she claims to be a Christian and is boasting about what she did because she thinks she should be able to do what she pleases with "her" body, then and only then are you to avoid her according to Scripture.  After all, the "tissue" that was removed has unique DNA that in not hers, so she had paid to have a baby murdered who was a unique human being with great potential..

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  17
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Let me say upfront that the greatest violation of a woman’s right is to take her life before she is born.

However as a Pastor I am constantly trying to impart to my congregation that being holy doesn’t mean we isolate ourselves and become judge and jury of people. Jesus upset the Pharisees constantly because He was a friend of sinners”. 

I want to have gay people in my church. I want people straight out of prison. They will fit right in because we are all sinners.

Being friends doesn’t mean we condone their actions. Your friend needs you. None of us can throw the first stone. Yes her actions were bad, very bad, but she needs the love of God. You can be that channel. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,326
  • Content Per Day:  0.63
  • Days Won:  1

Hi Mary,

I don't think scripture makes provision for personally rejecting people because they have sinned. Even when provision is made for rejecting unrepentant sinners, it is with the intention of restoring them to the faith.

I have the impression from your post that you are personally offended by the sin. I'm not sure we have that right. Sin is against God, not us. And God is eager to forgive anyone who is prepared to sincerely repent.

Sometimes we do need to remove bad influences from our lives. That is something you need to discuss with God. Since the person is prepared to commit such a sin, then it seems wise to me that you would limit her spiritual influence in your life. But I don't see personal rejection as the Christ-like response to sin. I'm glad my God didn't personally reject me - though I was His enemy in my mind (Col 1:21).

I'll pray God gives you wisdom.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

9 hours ago, BeauJangles said:

Well, she did confess this to Mary, and it would seem she does feel terrible about it. A good sign towards hopeful repentance. Salvation is a key element here, I think this woman needs Jesus. Perhaps the Lord could give Mary a chance to help lead her in this direction. Just my two shekels worth. God bless. 

Shalom, 

David/BeauJangles

For sure she does need JESUS.     And this might be her feeling convicted .   Now she needs to be advised to go ahead and tell her husband

I highly doubt she told this to her friend to brag and boast about it .    But now that perhaps she is being convicted and I do pray that is the case

she needs to go ahead and just tell the truth to her husband .   There is only one pattern that works ,  as you know , its the one JESUS set .

Sooner she does this , the sooner all things can be set straight again .    

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

“And when you pray, you must not be like the hypocrites. For they love to stand and pray in the synagogues and at the street corners, that they may be seen by others. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward.  But when you pray, go into your room and shut the door and pray to your Father who is in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you.

“And when you pray, do not heap up empty phrases as the Gentiles do, for they think that they will be heard for their many words.  Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him. Pray then like this:

“Our Father in heaven,
hallowed be your name.
   Your kingdom come,
your will be done,
    on earth as it is in heaven.
   Give us this day our daily bread,
   and forgive us our debts,
    as we also have forgiven our debtors.
   And lead us not into temptation,
    but deliver us from evil.

For if you forgive others their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you, but if you do not forgive others their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses."

How much can be learned, without my learning to apply it? Are the words of my Lord not clear enough to me this day?

They do scare me into my  fearful obedience and into my own serious repentance and from my own arrogance; into seeing yet again  I am nothing that I should judge nor carry out the judgements of God on my own accord.

I have committed every sin, of every list of sins, in my heart if not in physical deed, and God has judged them all sin. God has also covered them all by the shed blood of God the Son. I have no merit within me that I should qualify to judge for God. I should instead pray, pray for myself as I pray to God  for the intercession of Jesus before his Father for all that sin also.

May God the Son's blood be over the sin of abortion as well as thinking how it might be better to not have a child that has been conceived. May Jesus intercede in behalf of myself and all that the Holy Spirit has  or will lead into knowing Jesus  as Lord God and savior.

Father I do repent of any judgement of my own against any other person for none are my servant, but many are yours. In their sins I see my own, in my forgiveness received from you I see their forgiveness from you too. May I embrace  them all as brother and sister each of us your children, forgiven, washed clean, white as snow, covered and protected to be seen as perfect and acceptable to be with you for eternity to come. Amen.

Maranatha, rejoice in the Lord.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,875
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

On ‎5‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 3:27 AM, Marylovesjesus998 said:

Hi everyone,

My dearest friend informed me exactly one week ago that about a year ago she had an abortion behind her husbands back as she didn’t want another baby. She was upset. The baby was 6 weeks old. She murdered a six week old child and I can’t even look at her. Never mind the lies she told her poor husband, I just cannot believe her actions.

Is it wrong that I feel like I need to cut her out of my life now? We have been friends for over 10 years but my husband agrees that we shouldn’t be associating with a woman that murdered her unborn baby. 

I just wanted some advice to be sure my feelings were reasonable and I was doing the right thing. 

Thank you

when you say she was upset do you mean that she is wishing she had not had the abortion...  I could say repented of the act?

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

On 5/25/2019 at 11:01 PM, frienduff thaylorde said:

For sure she does need JESUS.     And this might be her feeling convicted .   Now she needs to be advised to go ahead and tell her husband

I highly doubt she told this to her friend to brag and boast about it .    But now that perhaps she is being convicted and I do pray that is the case

she needs to go ahead and just tell the truth to her husband .   There is only one pattern that works ,  as you know , its the one JESUS set .

Sooner she does this , the sooner all things can be set straight again .    

No and, Hell no! 

No good will come of that at all!!

It will only bring hurt foster the additional sin  of retribution and  terrible additional burden upon the marriage affecting most innocent of children too.

This lady has already made one error in confessing her  sin to a closest friend, and look has come about already? A public to the world discussion with all sorts of diverse advice and condemnation.

This is not the confessing one to another, this is tongue wagging and pontifications galore that will lead only to more injury.

STOP- pray simply pray to God for both the lady  and for friend. Let the Holy Spirit lead both, don't try to be the Holy Spirit.

• Thumbs Up 1

17 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

This is not the confessing one to another, this is tongue wagging and pontifications galore that will lead only to more injury.

This could be true, and why Marylovesjesus99 never replied, and also hasn't shown activity since Friday.