• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  302
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, Sonshine☀️ said:

@naominash   Dear Naomi…Don’t you understand that it is not about whether you have a good or a bad attitude—It is about Jesus shedding His blood for you.  It is not about anything that you do.  It’s what JESUS did.  When God sees you, if you have been born again, He sees you through the blood of Jesus Christ, and He is satisfied.  Naomi, if you are now turning away from the Gospel after having once believed it, you may be walking on very, very dangerous ground.  

I pray you will repent.

Actually, you need to have the courage and faith to take the next step in the race. No one wins a race by staying in one place. The Christian life is a walk...not just one step....even if it is in the right direction.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

3 hours ago, Bond5ervanT said:

Grace is not receiving what we deserve. Mercy is receiving what we do not deserve.

Actually that's not what grace is. You have just described mercy...and mercy. Grace is the power to fulfill the whole will of God. Grace brings holiness. Many people still walk in their own power and want grace to justify them while still in the walk according to the flesh. But this is the opposite to the plain teachings of the bible. Grace is the power to walk as Jesus walked

• Praise God! 2

• Group:  Non-Trinitarian
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  160
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

5 hours ago, diane32 said:

Abraham showed God that He believed Him by His actions as well

Amen!

"Faith without works is dead." Our behavior, what we do, is the only evidence that we actually do believe. 

A good verse here to remember... The promise of God was only passed on to his son, God says, "because Abraham listened to My voice and kept My mandate, My commands, My statutes, and My instructions.” (Gen 26:5)

If Abraham had only "believed" and not obeyed the charge of God, God would have looked for another through whom to bless the nations and establish the lineage of the Messiah. 

Edited by Michael (limmuwd)
misspelled word
  • Brilliant! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,009
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,202
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

6 hours ago, Sonshine☀️ said:

@naominash   Dear Naomi…Don’t you understand that it is not about whether you have a good or a bad attitude—It is about Jesus shedding His blood for you.  It is not about anything that you do.  It’s what JESUS did.  When God sees you, if you have been born again, He sees you through the blood of Jesus Christ, and He is satisfied.  Naomi, if you are now turning away from the Gospel after having once believed it, you may be walking on very, very dangerous ground.  

I pray you will repent.

Amen.   We have the imputed righteousness of Christ.    He took our sins and gives us His righteousness.   This is the basis of our faith.

4 hours ago, Pekoudah said:

Actually, you need to have the courage and faith to take the next step in the race. No one wins a race by staying in one place. The Christian life is a walk...not just one step....even if it is in the right direction.

Of course, the Christian life is a walk as we are being sanctified throughout our lifetime.   We are not saying to stay in one place.

However, we are warning do not throw away our foundation of our faith and Salvation....which is Christ alone!!  Do not place our works in the place of Christ....works will not save.

33 minutes ago, Debp said:

Amen.   We have the imputed righteousness of Christ.    He took our sins and gives us His righteousness.   This is the basis of our faith.

Of course, the Christian life is a walk as we are being sanctified throughout our lifetime.   We are not saying to stay in one place.

However, we are warning do not throw away our foundation of our faith and Salvation....which is Christ alone!!  Do not place our works in the place of Christ....works will not save.

Our foundation is not a beginner's understanding about who Jesus is...or how saved we are for knowing about Him...but an actual walk in His power and presence. If you fear losing your foundation by advancing in the knowledge of God...then that is not a foundation upon which Christ is being built up.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

8 hours ago, Bond5ervanT said:

Grace is not receiving what we deserve. Mercy is receiving what we do not deserve.

And what does the true grace of GOD which brings salvation Teach us .       

6 hours ago, Pekoudah said:

Our foundation is not a beginner's understanding about who Jesus is...or how saved we are for knowing about Him...but an actual walk in His power and presence. If you fear losing your foundation by advancing in the knowledge of God...then that is not a foundation upon which Christ is being built up.

I am not speaking of our human understanding of who Jesus is, or us knowing about Him intellectually when I talk of the foundation.    The only foundation is Jesus Christ Himself....when the reality of Christ is in our hearts and lives, this is the most blessed thing.   Upon Christ everything else is laid.

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  5

17 hours ago, pinacled said:

The Lord will never pardon the Unforgivable murderer..

Only Satan would teach such a thing.

Moses, David and Paul were all murderers . Where do you think they are at this moment? If you ever hated anyone you Are just as guilty as they are....you better pray that Gods Grace can cover them- and YOU! Personally, I am an adulterer.... I haven’t conquered lustful thought yet.....how about you?

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  5

6 hours ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

And what does the true grace of GOD which brings salvation Teach us .       

It teaches us that the Blood Of Christ covers all sins and that now “ Anybody that asks to be saved WILL be saved”

• Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1

6 hours ago, naominash said:

@Sonshine Thanks for the concern for my salvation but I don't think anything I said negates Jesus' role in salvation. 

I just want to press on to knowing the Lord. 

Naomi, there is nothing wrong with pressing on to knowing Christ more (sanctification/walking with Christ).   However, there are some here that are teaching that works alongside of Christ save, and that one can lose salvation when one sins..    That teaching is what Sonshine was warning you about.

Please remember....

I do not set aside the grace of God; for if righteousness comes through the law, then Christ died in vain.  Galatians 2:21

Did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?   Are you so foolish?  Having begun in the Spirit, are you now being made perfect by the flesh?  Galatians 3:2-3

• Thanks 1
  • Praise God! 1