• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  5

8 minutes ago, Sonshine☀️ said:

I also must add that these men repented of their sins.

Of course......but interestingly, I don’t think we ever have it recorded in Scripture that Moses repented for killing the Egyptian slave master......the jerk probably had it coming...

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

8 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

It teaches us that the Blood Of Christ covers all sins and that now “ Anybody that asks to be saved WILL be saved”

YES for sure and for certain it does .    JESUS ALONE is our only hope .

And once we believe it then TEACHESUS ,    what did paul tell titus .

FOR the grace of GOD that BRINGS salvation has appeared

TEACHING US to DENY ungodliness and wordly lusts to be walking soberly , RIGHTEOUSLY and godly in this world as we await the coming OF our LORD .

Its the latter part I am afraid most refuse to accept .   Grace leads , draws us to the ONE WHO SETS US FREE .    But if any grace

allows folks to feel free IN SIN ,   THEN that is NOT the grace that cometh FROM GOD , but the grace that comes from man .  AND SINCE MAN cant save squat

let alone his own self,   I aint heeding his grace .     THUS let all be quick to warn agains error and to build up in bible doctrine .

Let all be hearers and doers of the WORD , OBEYING HE WHO Is within us , taking heed lest they FALL .

FOR if a man takes off from heeding HIM , IF one turns from the FIRST faith ,   damanation awaits .

We gotta get far more serious against the error that does so easily beset .   And start reminding with all the reminders the early church gave .

Let us return to BIBLE ONLY READING and watch how fast things would clear up .    But let us continue heeding men and avoiding what the scriptures plainly say

and we are doomed to fail .     Continue faithful in Christ holding the confidence of our faith IN HIM  , STEADFAST TO THE END .      And HE shall supply all we need

to walk as we ought to .  

I leave us with what paul also said in Corinthians , and let is SINK IN REAL DEEP into all hearts .

AND GOD is ABLE to MAKE ALL GRACE ABOUND TOWARD YOU , SO that YOU , ALWAYS having ALL SUFFIECIENCY in ALL THINGS may ABOUND TO EVERY GOOD WORK .

YEP  its time to POINT TO JESUS and to TEACH that in HIM we have ALL WE NEED TO OVERCOME ALL EVILS of our flesh .   START TEACHING THAT BB .   START teaching that .

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

7 hours ago, Sonshine☀️ said:

I also must add that these men repented of their sins.

And I must SECOND THAT .   

You would be amazed at what some men do teach today .   Under a grace so hyper that ridlin itself cannot tame .

Time to chunk some spirit ritlin of GODS holy words at this false hyper grace .    For any Grace that exalts itself against GOD , IS NO GRACE at all . 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

A Godly attitude comes because you decide to follow God. 

• Group:  Non-Trinitarian
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  160
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

9 hours ago, Debp said:

Naomi, there is nothing wrong with pressing on to knowing Christ more (sanctification/walking with Christ).   However, there are some here that are teaching that works alongside of Christ save, and that one can lose salvation when one sins..    That teaching is what Sonshine was warning you about.

Works do NOT save. Other than Repentance & Baptism as Jesus taught, there is nothing more we can do to be saved. Yet this 'being saved" is not the end, but the beginning of our journey toward the promises of God, an inheritance. And as Paul taught clearly in 1Cor 10, God must prove us along the Way if we are to enter into His rest. 

Much in the modern Christian religion seems to teach that "being saved" means that's it, you've now an assurance of going to Heaven when you die. Yet this is not a Bible doctrine. The entirety of the New Testament epistles are clear warnings to saved people to not fall short of God's promises, as did the bulk of God's chosen & saved people in the wilderness. 

"Being saved" is an opportunity, not the end. Understanding that simple Truth makes Paul's declaration completely understandable. Obviously "saved", having repented & been baptized, Paul know that he still had a long way to go of he was to obtain the promises of God. 

"I also count all things loss for the excellence of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them as rubbish, that I may gain Christ 9 and be found in Him, not having my own righteousness, which is from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which is from God by faith; 10 that I may know Him and the power of His resurrection, and the fellowship of His sufferings, being conformed to His death, 11 if, by any means, I may attain to the resurrection from the dead.

12 Not that I have already attained, or am already perfected; but I press on, that I may lay hold of that for which Christ Jesus has also laid hold of me. 13 Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead, 14 I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.

15 Therefore let us, as many as are mature, have this mind; and if in anything you think otherwise, God will reveal even this to you."
- Phil 3:8-14

Amen. May we follow Paul as he followed Christ, and press in diligently that we do not miss out on the promises of God to the overcomer, to "he that endures til the end." 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Praise God! 1

5 hours ago, pinacled said:

Only Satan and those who have taken the mark would accuse those men of murder..

Who have you been listening to?

The Bible

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Oy Vey! 1

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  2,280
  • Content Per Day:  1.25
  • Days Won:  2

9 minutes ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

The Bible

Moses killed a man defending a Jew from an Egyptian before encountering God.  Paul was consenting to a murder before getting saved when he was known as Saul.  David repented after the prophet confronted him.  None died with unconfessed willful or presumptuous sins.

True......and all saved by Grace through Faith,just like us......all sins covered by the Blood.....just like us....Almost all sin is Willfull and David’s sins were especially despicable....had he not been called out by the Prophet, who knows if he would ever be repentant.....he paid an extremely high cost for his willful sins, as will we.....It does not take away the free gift of Salvation .That was obtained by Faith.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  20
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

On 5/24/2019 at 3:43 PM, Pekoudah said:

Actually that's not what grace is. You have just described mercy...and mercy. Grace is the power to fulfill the whole will of God. Grace brings holiness. Many people still walk in their own power and want grace to justify them while still in the walk according to the flesh. But this is the opposite to the plain teachings of the bible. Grace is the power to walk as Jesus walked

My apologies.... I wrote it backwards.

Mercy is not receiving what we deserve. Grace is receiving what we do not deserve.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  302
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Bond5ervanT said:

My apologies.... I wrote it backwards.

Mercy is not receiving what we deserve. Grace is receiving what we do not deserve.

That actually sounds a lot better! :)

• Thumbs Up 1