Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Pekoudah

A Worthy Attitude

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, naominash said:

I agree with Pekoudah's post.

I did not get to experience intimacy and closeness to God until my whole attitude had changed.

Before, I would have said that God loved me based on the fact that Jesus forgave my sins.

But now I believe God was seeking a certain response --- a heart that seeks after Him and knows that the Lord deserves our very best. 

I can only strive to have more of this attitude--- because without it, experiencing the blessing of God's favor is impossible.

It reminds me of Cain and Abel. Not all offerings to God are acceptable.

Bless you sister! :)  God gives grace to the humble. And we hate to be humble!  (That is until we surrender our agendas and pride)

 

You are so right about Cain and Abel. The church contains both. Like the grain and the pebbles in the sifting process of God. These both remain in the sieve (Amos 9:9). Or like the wheat and the chaff. We have to remain "heavy"...so as not to be taken away by winds of doctrine.

 

And in Hebrew glory (kavod) means "weight." So then the heavier we are in our solidity of faith and character the more glory we can "hold down."

 

<><

Edited by Pekoudah
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pekoudah said:

Bless you sister! :)  God gives grace to the humble. And we hate to be humble!  (That is until we surrender our agendas and pride)

 

You are so right about Cain and Abel. The church contains both. Like the grain and the pebbles in the sifting process of God. These both remain in the sieve (Amos 9:9). Or like the wheat and the chaff. We have to remain "heavy"...so as not to be taken away by winds of doctrine.

 

And in Hebrew glory means "weight." So then the heavier we are in our solidity of faith and character the more glory we can "hold down."

 

<><

In Hebrew understanding The Shekinah is The Lords divine presence.

 

  • Praise God! 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Pekoudah said:

Before, I would have said that God loved me based on the fact that Jesus forgave my sins.

 But now I believe God was seeking a certain response --- a heart that seeks after Him and knows that the Lord deserves our very best. 

 I can only strive to have more of this attitude--- because without it, experiencing the blessing of God's favor is impossible.

@naominash   Dear Naomi…Don’t you understand that it is not about whether you have a good or a bad attitude—It is about Jesus shedding His blood for you.  It is not about anything that you do.  It’s what JESUS did.  When God sees you, if you have been born again, He sees you through the blood of Jesus Christ, and He is satisfied.  Naomi, if you are now turning away from the Gospel after having once believed it, you may be walking on very, very dangerous ground.  

I pray you will repent.

 

Edited by Sonshine☀️
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • This is Worthy 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When you think about it..we are saved by grace through faith...faith is believin without seeing and if we truly believe Jesus dies for us then we will live obedient lives? I don't live an obedient life but after nearly 11 years of being saved I'm starting to see it was in the times that I sought God with all my heart and obeyed Him, those were the times I saw miracles happen, I had peace, joy and everything I needed but when I don't seek and obey Him my life isn't good...Genesis 15:6 Abram believed the LORD, and he credited it to him as righteousness.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Abraham showed God that He believed Him by His actions aswell

  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Praise God! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sonshine☀️ said:

@naominash   Dear Naomi…Don’t you understand that it is not about whether you have a good or a bad attitude—It is about Jesus shedding His blood for you.  It is not about anything that you do.  It’s what JESUS did.  When God sees you, if you have been born again, He sees you through the blood of Jesus Christ, and He is satisfied.  Naomi, if you are now turning away from the Gospel after having once believed it, you may be walking on very, very dangerous ground.  

I pray you will repent.

 

Actually, you need to have the courage and faith to take the next step in the race. No one wins a race by staying in one place. The Christian life is a walk...not just one step....even if it is in the right direction.

  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Praise God! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Bond5ervanT said:

Grace is not receiving what we deserve. Mercy is receiving what we do not deserve.

Actually that's not what grace is. You have just described mercy...and mercy. Grace is the power to fulfill the whole will of God. Grace brings holiness. Many people still walk in their own power and want grace to justify them while still in the walk according to the flesh. But this is the opposite to the plain teachings of the bible. Grace is the power to walk as Jesus walked

 

  • Praise God! 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, diane32 said:

Abraham showed God that He believed Him by His actions as well

Amen!

"Faith without works is dead." Our behavior, what we do, is the only evidence that we actually do believe. 

A good verse here to remember... The promise of God was only passed on to his son, God says, "because Abraham listened to My voice and kept My mandate, My commands, My statutes, and My instructions.” (Gen 26:5)

If Abraham had only "believed" and not obeyed the charge of God, God would have looked for another through whom to bless the nations and establish the lineage of the Messiah. 

Edited by Michael (limmuwd)
misspelled word
  • Brilliant! 1
  • Praise God! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Sonshine☀️ said:

@naominash   Dear Naomi…Don’t you understand that it is not about whether you have a good or a bad attitude—It is about Jesus shedding His blood for you.  It is not about anything that you do.  It’s what JESUS did.  When God sees you, if you have been born again, He sees you through the blood of Jesus Christ, and He is satisfied.  Naomi, if you are now turning away from the Gospel after having once believed it, you may be walking on very, very dangerous ground.  

I pray you will repent.

 

Amen.   We have the imputed righteousness of Christ.    He took our sins and gives us His righteousness.   This is the basis of our faith.

4 hours ago, Pekoudah said:

Actually, you need to have the courage and faith to take the next step in the race. No one wins a race by staying in one place. The Christian life is a walk...not just one step....even if it is in the right direction.

Of course, the Christian life is a walk as we are being sanctified throughout our lifetime.   We are not saying to stay in one place.

However, we are warning do not throw away our foundation of our faith and Salvation....which is Christ alone!!  Do not place our works in the place of Christ....works will not save.

  • This is Worthy 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...