Sign in to follow this  
Pekoudah

A Worthy Attitude

1 hour ago, Bond5ervanT said:

My apologies.... I wrote it backwards.

Mercy is not receiving what we deserve. Grace is receiving what we do not deserve.

That actually sounds a lot better! :)

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, pinacled said:

No, murderers will never be worthy.

True.....and neither will you , and neither will I.......thank God for his loophole, where we don’t have to be worthy . All we have to do is believe the Gospel and we are “ considered” worthy.Aint Grace wild?Only OUR GOD would dream of it- and use it to save us !

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Praise God! 1

No one of any of us is worthy.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, pinacled said:

No, murderers will never be worthy.

Isaiah 59

59 Behold, the Lord's hand is not shortened, that it cannot save; neither his ear heavy, that it cannot hear:

But your iniquities have separated between you and your God, and your sins have hid his face from you, that he will not hear.

For your hands are defiled with blood, and your fingers with iniquity; your lips have spoken lies, your tongue hath muttered perverseness.

None calleth for justice, nor any pleadeth for truth: they trust in vanity, and speak lies; they conceive mischief, and bring forth iniquity.

Matthew 5:21-22 

21 Ye have heard that it was said of them of old time, Thou shalt not kill; and whosoever shall kill shall be in danger of the judgment:

22 But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

2 minutes ago, ayin jade said:

Not in ourselves.   However, through Christ we are made worthy....we are given the imputed righteousness of Christ when Christ took our sins upon Himself.   Of course, there is also the process of sanctification throughout the life of a believer.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

Posted (edited)
On 5/24/2019 at 8:13 AM, pinacled said:

The Lord will never pardon the Unforgivable murderer..

Only Satan would teach such a thing.

I have only just started reading this thread, so maybe this has already been asked, but in light of Matt 12:31:

Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men. 

What then under heaven, is an unforgivable murderer! The followup question would be, that if Jesus said ALL manner of sin shall be forgiven men, then isn't saying that only Satan would teach such a thing, not a form of blasphemy?

Edited by New Member
spelling error
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • This is Worthy 1

10 minutes ago, ayin jade said:

Chapter & Verse? 

If you're talking about "Who is worthy to open the scroll and to loose its seals?”, then none but Jesus. But if we talk of inheriting the promises of God, then only those who indeed prove themselves worthy will "walk with Him in white" and become the dwelling place of God. For the "righteous deeds" of these are what clothe them in "fine linen, clean and bright" (Rev 19:8). Note, this is not "salvation" the Scripture speaks of here, but of those who will obtain the promises of Revelation 2 & 3. 

God's wisdom & understanding to us all. 

• This is Worthy 1

Did you know in the OT there are two words for MERCY.  hesed and chesed.  I get the two mixed up however not their meanings.  one is mercy we receive from God.  The other, is mercy we are expected of God to give others... because we have received mercy from Him. 

If you want to find them both in one book, Hosea is a good place to look. 

13 minutes ago, New Member said:

I have only just started reading this thread, so maybe this has already been asked, but in light of Matt 12:31:

Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.

What then under heaven, is an unforgivable murderer! The followup question wuold be, that if Jesus said ALL manner of sin shall be forgiven men, then isn't saying that only Satan would teach such a thing, not a form of blasphemy?

Thankyou For a refreshing Truth.

A worthy conversation indeed.

Sign in to follow this