• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

2 minutes ago, ozrick33 said:

Definitely. People say I am warm, funny and friendly. 

I do think a lot of pastors hang around with other pastors. One thing to be careful of: A pastor has a lot of influence in his church. If you get really close to a person or group of people, there might be those who would accuse you of showing favoritism. 

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  17
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

9 minutes ago, johnthebaptist said:

I do think a lot of pastors hang around with other pastors. One thing to be careful of: A pastor has a lot of influence in his church. If you get really close to a person or group of people, there might be those who would accuse you of showing favoritism. 

I think favouritism is inevitable. Everybody has favourites to some extent. I think the key is to be fair and available to everyone but it is only natural that we will like some people more than others. We have to love equally. But it is only natural we gravitate to some people more than others. 

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

12 minutes ago, ozrick33 said:

I think favouritism is inevitable. Everybody has favourites to some extent. I think the key is to be fair and available to everyone but it is only natural that we will like some people more than others. We have to love equally. But it is only natural we gravitate to some people more than others. 

I'm thinking of choices you make to fill positions in your church. I don't know how your church works, but there might be some competition for certain positions. That is where you need to be fair.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  17
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

I agree. We would never appoint people based on our friendship. We appoint people based on attitude more than abilities. People can be trained to do a role but we are more interested in their willingness to love, serve and demonstrate commitment.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  19
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,360
  • Content Per Day:  0.67

We have a wonderful Pastor, lives in The Word, preaches The Word, we are blessed to have him. Even with these attributes, I believe he struggles with close relationships as he tends to control conversations apart from the pulpit. We all need to remember that we have 2 ears to hear and 1 mouth to speak. While we do have valuable information to share with people, it is paramount that we learn to listen to others, they have a story to share as well, it does us good to be quiet, and interject when given the opportunity, it's called "loving others" to do so. As always, I hope this is helpful with the content of this thread, God bless.