• Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.32
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

10 hours ago, LeeGreenForest said:

"I'm saved because Jesus paid my sin-debt with His death on the cross."

I think people misunderstand the notion of "being saved." We have a loving Lord who is going to take care of us - we need to trust him. Where do we go from there? From there we need to obey his commandments so that we will find heaven.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,352
  • Content Per Day:  0.63
  • Days Won:  1

15 hours ago, LeeGreenForest said:

Would it be accurate for me to say that Jesus took the punishment for my sins with His death on the cross? Would believing He did that, and that He was buried, and that He rose again on the third day, and that He was the Son of God be enough to be saved? Is there anything else I should be bearing in mind?

Hi Lee,

According to God's original plan, we are created to be in a place of submission to God. That is our proper place - under God's loving protection and authority. Through sin, we removed ourself from God's authority (i.e. we stopped treating Him as our rightful God). The point of Christian salvation is to re-establish our place under God's rightful authority. What you describe in the above quote is faith in the Gospel of God's salvation through Christ. But we are taught in the Bible that faith is actualised by a response ("even demons believe" - James 2:19). The required response to receive God's pardon is to sincerely surrender ownership of our life to Christ - as a faith response to His Gospel. That is, we need to make Jesus our Lord; and thereby our Saviour.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,625
  • Content Per Day:  0.79
  • Days Won:  1

Shalom @LeeGreenForest

You seem to post a lot of questions concerning the correct wording and terminology. That's okay, but may I ask why?

I hope you don't mind me asking.  It just seems like you might be getting caught up on words and such approaches can be an endless journey.  So what's at the cause of it all?  Is it out of interest? doubt? external pressure? confusion?

Love & Shalom 

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  115
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0

I'm dealing with my salvation and I guess I might be trying to make sure I'm looking at things right.