IGNORED

Matt 6:11 Give us this day our daily bread (is there any free bread?)

R. Hartono

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  763
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,897
  • Content Per Day:  3.09
  • Days Won:  1

There is no more manna falling down from heaven so we cannot expect free bread today (Give us this day our daily bread).

And there is no bread if you are unemployed and cannot make money to buy bread.

So why didnt Jesus ask "Give us this day our daily job" so the unemployed may rcv some jobs and make money to buy bread ?

graduates.jpg

Edited by R. Hartono

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.42
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

all the bread, all of creation, comes from God, it is a gift, of His love. He does not give to everyone equally, but all food, all water, the air that we breath, our very lives, come from God. Without these things, there is no bread, manna or not.

Most people have something to eat daily, and those who do, should be sharing with those that do not. If we have the ability and the opportunity to work, then that is what we should do, and even then, we should give credit to God, for that ennoblement and opportunity. Since He did not charge us for His creation, yes, there is still free bread!

Perhaps, Jesus did not ask for jobs, because then we would look to ourselves as the provider, and worship ourselves, instead of the God who gave us life, and the place we live, worshiping the creation, instead of the Creator!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 2

• Group:  Non-Trinitarian
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  160
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

Truthfully, our Lord is speaking not of physical food, but of spiritual sustenance.

"I Am the bread of Life... 50 This is the bread which comes down from heaven, that one may eat of it and not die. 51 I am the living bread which came down from heaven. If anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever; and the bread that I shall give is My flesh, which I shall give for the life of the world.” - John 6:48,50-51

He is to be our daily Bread, our portion. 

• This is Worthy 1
  • Praise God! 1

16 minutes ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

Perhaps, Jesus did not ask for jobs, because then we would look to ourselves as the provider, and worship ourselves, instead of the God who gave us life, and the place we live, worshiping the creation, instead of the Creator!

People ask for jobs because they cannot provide themselves neither worship their weakness.

• Oy Vey! 1

10 minutes ago, Michael (limmuwd) said:

Truthfully, our Lord is speaking not of physical food, but of spiritual sustenance.

"I Am the bread of Life... 50 This is the bread which comes down from heaven, that one may eat of it and not die. 51 I am the living bread which came down from heaven. If anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever; and the bread that I shall give is My flesh, which I shall give for the life of the world.” - John 6:48,50-51

He is to be our daily Bread, our portion. 

If that bread is the bread of Life which means our faith in Christ then Jesus didnt have to ask "give us this day our daily bread", would God need to give you faith every other day ?

• Group:  Non-Trinitarian
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  160
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

30 minutes ago, R. Hartono said:

If that bread is the bread of Life which means our faith in Christ then Jesus didnt have to ask "give us this day our daily bread", would God need to give you faith every other day ?

Yes, we must walk daily by faith. I believe all here could testify of times they needed more faith to endure the trials and testing of this life. Faith is not a one time event. Even the Apostles who walked with Jesus daily, with Him visibly by their side, said to Him - "increase our faith." (Luke 17:5). And another fellow once told Jesus, "I believe, Lord, now help my unbelief." 

Oh yes, I fully believe Messiah Jesus was speaking of our spiritual Bread, which we need daily. 

"Sufficient for the day is the troubles thereof." 

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

1 hour ago, R. Hartono said:

There is no more manna falling down from heaven so we cannot expect free bread today (Give us this day our daily bread).

So why didnt Jesus ask "Give us this day our daily job" so the unemployed may rcv some jobs and make money to buy bread ?

jobs.jpg

graduates.jpg

index.jpg

You seem to be very concerned about these people caring signs asking for money. Why is that? If they would ask God for help I am sure He would be more than happy to do so if their requests are genuine. 

1 hour ago, missmuffet said:

You seem to be very concerned about these people caring signs asking for money. Why is that? If they would ask God for help I am sure He would be more than happy to do so if their requests are genuine. 

No job no money no bread, God should give people jobs.

• Oy Vey! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  788
  • Content Per Day:  0.25

4 hours ago, R. Hartono said:

There was no manna falling down in Jesus' time either. 

God can answer our prayers for 'bread' in many ways, depending on our situation - such as by giving a subsistence farmer rain, or by giving an unemployed person a job.

"Remember the LORD your God, for it is He who gives you the ability to produce wealth..." (Deuteronomy 8:18)

• This is Worthy 1

4 hours ago, Michael (limmuwd) said:

Yes, we must walk daily by faith. I believe all here could testify of times they needed more faith to endure the trials and testing of this life. Faith is not a one time event. Even the Apostles who walked with Jesus daily, with Him visibly by their side, said to Him - "increase our faith." (Luke 17:5). And another fellow once told Jesus, "I believe, Lord, now help my unbelief." 

Oh yes, I fully believe Messiah Jesus was speaking of our spiritual Bread, which we need daily. 

"Sufficient for the day is the troubles thereof." 

Daily bread is not daily faith whatsoever.