R. Hartono

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  771
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,935
  • Content Per Day:  3.07
  • Days Won:  1

Matt 6:26 Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?

Birds have two wings and they can go to any field to find food, if we go to somebody's field to take some food we shall get beaten or be killed.

These people dont have wings like those birds, what can we say ? Did Jesus overlook the problem by comparing us with birds ?

I guess the world is enough for every body but we just dont share, we care less for the poor.

Paul gather donation for church in Jerusalem, they dont have wings like birds so we must support one another.

1 Cor 16:1 Now concerning the collection for the saints, as I have given order to the churches of Galatia, even so do ye.

Edited by R. Hartono
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

Yes, they do no toil, seems like your other post, what's up!

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, pinacled said:

Are eagles aloud to eat pork.

Yes

Kosher rules are 4 fold.

You dont hv two wings to hunt like eagle man.

22 minutes ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

Yes, they do no toil, seems like your other post, what's up!

Did Jesus underestimate our struggle to feed ourselves ? Look at those people !

• Thumbs Up 1

I do not think Jesus in the least, underestimated anything. People are by nature, greedy sinners, and the church is not exempt. How many people did I feed this week? Just myself and my son!

• Thumbs Up 1

34 minutes ago, R. Hartono said:

These people dont have wings like those birds, what can we say ? Did Jesus overlook the problem by comparing us with birds ?

The point of that by the way, was to tell people to stop being anxious about material things, God knows our needs and supplies even birds with theirs. He cares more about people so drop the anxiety. If I were homeless, and hungry, I would go to a food pantry, or a church, or a homeless shelter, or maybe even hold a sign, asking for help. I suspect, that even in a city, I could find good food in a dumpster, or even trap those sparrows, that God feeds, It is not as though there is no food to eat, especially in the U.S. where those pictures are probably from. I cannot help but wonder, did the person who took the pictures, feed those who hungered?

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

There is help for these people if their need is legitimate. They know that. 

34 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

There is help for these people if their need is legitimate. They know that. 

I cannot help but agree, at least in the states. Doubtless though, there are people who are actually severely malnourished, they need out help!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  790
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  0

4 hours ago, R. Hartono said:

Matt 6:26 Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?

Birds have two wings and they can go to any field to find food, if we go to somebody's field to take some food we shall get beaten or be killed.

Look at this verse in context. Jesus is teaching us not to be anxious about where our next meal is going to come from.

Birds work for their food - they have to forage, might have to fly a long way in search of it. We have to work for ours as well!

Their are still some hunter-gatherer communities in the world who live in the same way as the wild birds. But most of us live in a situation where food is normally obtained with money, which means that we have to acquire the money somehow. But the principle is the same: Don't be anxious about it!

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  951
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,565
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Land birds and I suppose seabirds too do toil; by soiling the earth with seed encrusted in their waste that becomes plants that provide yet more fruit and seed that becomes food for yet another bird as well as for themselves. As to the fields, the tilled fields of man, birds work them too,  eating insects and grubs that otherwise injure  or kill the vegetation that bears fruit and grain seed.

The birds likely do not worry a whole lot about tomorrow's food supply, yet their energy is used in a designed plan of God so that if the birds work their part of God's plan today some member of their species will survive tomorrow. Though birds may not worry,  the bird flies a pattern a necessary designed pattern  for it's survival. 

Man on the other hand can sit and just kill and eat birds if he so desires. Thing is man does not even see God, never mind trust in His provision for him. So he in his depravity schemes for tomorrow's need, even taking  what is for others to himself thinking God will not provide enough tomorrow for his need.

God does have a plan. God also is a jealous God. He will not have another god placed above him, not a god of slothiness, not even  a god of generosity to the lazy sloth  who refuses to till the various fields working  hard,  as is the declared consequence of the first Adam's sin.  

Generosity  is not to serve the demand of laziness that laziness might thrive much  as diligence and obedience to God's will does.

The capable Christians are to help the widow's and the orphans of the church and to share of the gospel  of Jesus throughout the world.  It is not the duty  of Christians to sustain those in the world that deny's God's will by refusing to try to work, by laboring hard even with their own hands humbly  and do work  in order to gain position to also be able to help widows and orphans in the church that are weak and in need.

• Praise God! 1