• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

On 5/25/2019 at 12:16 AM, R. Hartono said:

Birds have two wings and they can go to any field to find food, if we go to somebody's field to take some food we shall get beaten or be killed.

These people dont have wings like those birds, what can we say ? Did Jesus overlook the problem by comparing us with birds ?

I maybe wrong about this, but I think that back in Bible days there is in The Law that says what dose not get harvested in the field is to be left for the poor.  If that is indeed the case, then Jesus saying this at the time about the birds makes sense.  

Oh yes here it is:  When you are harvesting in your field and you overlook a sheaf, do not go back to get it. Leave it for the foreigner, the fatherless and the widow, so that the LORD your God may bless you in all the work of your hands.  Deuteronomy 24:19

Edited by LadyKay
found Bible verse
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  860
  • Content Per Day:  0.47
  • Days Won:  0

The poor widow shamed the rich who have no compassion for the poor, she gave all, and when Christ tells us about the birds and how God feeds HIs creatures,  we can trust that He does, even as much as is possible within an unbelieving world, and the Lord calls us into the same partnership with Him, to have HIs compassion within us, and His compassion shared into the world, if we believe in the good news..

Mark 12:38 And he said unto them in his doctrine, Beware of the scribes, which love to go in long clothing, and love salutations in the marketplaces,
39 And the chief seats in the synagogues, and the uppermost rooms at feasts:
40 Which devour widows' houses, and for a pretence make long prayers: these shall receive greater damnation.
41 And Jesus sat over against the treasury, and beheld how the people cast money into the treasury: and many that were rich cast in much.
42 And there came a certain poor widow, and she threw in two mites, which make a farthing.
43 And he called unto him his disciples, and saith unto them, Verily I say unto you, That this poor widow hath cast more in, than all they which have cast into the treasury:
44 For all they did cast in of their abundance; but she of her want did cast in all that she had, even all her living.

Proverbs 19:17 He that hath pity upon the poor lendeth unto the Lord; and that which he hath given will he pay him again.

Proverbs 21:26 He coveteth greedily all the day long: but the righteous giveth and spareth not.

2 Corinthians 9:9 (As it is written, He hath dispersed abroad; he hath given to the poor: his righteousness remaineth for ever.

Ecclesiastes 11:1 Cast thy bread upon the waters: for thou shalt find it after many days.

Isaiah 58:7 Is it not to deal thy bread to the hungry, and that thou bring the poor that are cast out to thy house? when thou seest the naked, that thou cover him; and that thou hide not thyself from thine own flesh?

Edited by gordon7777

Luke 16:19 There was a certain rich man, which was clothed in purple and fine linen, and fared sumptuously every day:
20 And there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores,
21 And desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man's table: moreover the dogs came and licked his sores.
22 And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried;
23 And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.
24 And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.
25 But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented.
26 And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence.
27 Then he said, I pray thee therefore, father, that thou wouldest send him to my father's house:
28 For I have five brethren; that he may testify unto them, lest they also come into this place of torment.
29 Abraham saith unto him, They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them.
30 And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent.
31 And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  769
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,929
  • Content Per Day:  3.08
  • Days Won:  1

15 hours ago, gordon7777 said:

Luke 16:19 There was a certain rich man, which was clothed in purple and fine linen, and fared sumptuously every day:
20 And there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores,
21 And desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man's table: moreover the dogs came and licked his sores.
22 And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried;
23 And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.
24 And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.
25 But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented.
26 And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence.
27 Then he said, I pray thee therefore, father, that thou wouldest send him to my father's house:
28 For I have five brethren; that he may testify unto them, lest they also come into this place of torment.
29 Abraham saith unto him, They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them.
30 And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent.
31 And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.

What are you trying to tell ?

God gives us hope, is what we receive through every single word shared with us. Many years ago the rich and powerful had everything, even people as servants and slaves. The world is still terrible in places, as it was at the time of Christ. That example of the beggar being ignored, left until he died, with no help at all, was and is not the end of the story. It was a lost opportunity to the rich man. When it was too late for the rich man to redeem his soul, he wanted only one thing, as everything else he found out was worth nothing, all the great things he used to possess, and the great comforted way he used to live, not only vanished, but so did his soul. Then his last thought is to warn the ones he had some care for, his own family. No chance was available for them either, they received the consolation prize. The comfort is, even if you suffer so that you have nothing in the hard unmerciful life, and it hurts so much knowing the ones around you are the least type of person you wish to know exists, God feels the same, He will only have the merciful, and the ones who have had only evil, to have the Lords goodness forever and the comfort they never had, will be better than the false comfort the rich and powerful and heartless ones ever thought they had in shadows and traps they never recognised..

"thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented"

Luke 6:24 But woe unto you that are rich! for ye have received your consolation.

Psalm 49:16 Be not thou afraid when one is made rich, when the glory of his house is increased;
17 For when he dieth he shall carry nothing away: his glory shall not descend after him.
18 Though while he lived he blessed his soul: and men will praise thee, when thou doest well to thyself.
19 He shall go to the generation of his fathers; they shall never see light.
20 Man that is in honour, and understandeth not, is like the beasts that perish.

Psalm 73:3 For I was envious at the foolish, when I saw the prosperity of the wicked.
4 For there are no bands in their death: but their strength is firm.
5 They are not in trouble as other men; neither are they plagued like other men.
6 Therefore pride compasseth them about as a chain; violence covereth them as a garment.
7 Their eyes stand out with fatness: they have more than heart could wish.
8 They are corrupt, and speak wickedly concerning oppression: they speak loftily.
9 They set their mouth against the heavens, and their tongue walketh through the earth.
10 Therefore his people return hither: and waters of a full cup are wrung out to them.
11 And they say, How doth God know? and is there knowledge in the most High?
12 Behold, these are the ungodly, who prosper in the world; they increase in riches.
13 Verily I have cleansed my heart in vain, and washed my hands in innocency.
14 For all the day long have I been plagued, and chastened every morning.
15 If I say, I will speak thus; behold, I should offend against the generation of thy children.
16 When I thought to know this, it was too painful for me;
17 Until I went into the sanctuary of God; then understood I their end.
18 Surely thou didst set them in slippery places: thou castedst them down into destruction.
19 How are they brought into desolation, as in a moment! they are utterly consumed with terrors.

Proverbs 11:4 Riches profit not in the day of wrath: but righteousness delivereth from death.

Proverbs 13:7 There is that maketh himself rich, yet hath nothing: there is that maketh himself poor, yet hath great riches.
Proverbs 13:8 The ransom of a man's life are his riches: but the poor heareth not rebuke.

Proverbs 23:4 Labour not to be rich: cease from thine own wisdom.
Proverbs 23:5 Wilt thou set thine eyes upon that which is not? for riches certainly make themselves wings; they fly away as an eagle toward heaven.

1 Samuel 2:3 Talk no more so exceeding proudly; let not arrogancy come out of your mouth: for the Lord is a God of knowledge, and by him actions are weighed.
4 The bows of the mighty men are broken, and they that stumbled are girded with strength.
5 They that were full have hired out themselves for bread; and they that were hungry ceased: so that the barren hath born seven; and she that hath many children is waxed feeble.
6 The Lord killeth, and maketh alive: he bringeth down to the grave, and bringeth up.
7 The Lord maketh poor, and maketh rich: he bringeth low, and lifteth up.
8 He raiseth up the poor out of the dust, and lifteth up the beggar from the dunghill, to set them among princes, and to make them inherit the throne of glory: for the pillars of the earth are the Lord's, and he hath set the world upon them.
9 He will keep the feet of his saints, and the wicked shall be silent in darkness; for by strength shall no man prevail.

Luke 1:50 And his mercy is on them that fear him from generation to generation.
51 He hath shewed strength with his arm; he hath scattered the proud in the imagination of their hearts.
52 He hath put down the mighty from their seats, and exalted them of low degree.
53 He hath filled the hungry with good things; and the rich he hath sent empty away.

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  626
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

It seems the OP post is a classic example of reading more into a scripture verse than what it actually says. I get that we can apply a spiritual meaning to everything with a scripture passage but most times if we would just read the passage of scripture at face value we will have our answer as to what the verse is saying and implying. 

• Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  1

This is a life verse the Lord gave me 29 years ago:

I have been young, and now am old; yet have I not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his seed begging bread.  Psa 37:25

I have been alone and rejected, but Father has never forsaken me, He has always been an ever present Presence, ...I've had times when I had a roof over my head and then times I slept on a bench, but I've never once gone to sleep hungry in all these last 29 years, God is faithful, we just need to learn and accept what He provides for us with gratitude and thanksgiving instead of what our desires and expectation are.

Lord bless

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,224
  • Content Per Day:  3.34
  • Days Won:  30

On 5/27/2019 at 6:22 AM, LadyKay said:

I maybe wrong about this, but I think that back in Bible days there is in The Law that says what dose not get harvested in the field is to be left for the poor.  If that is indeed the case, then Jesus saying this at the time about the birds makes sense.  

Oh yes here it is:  When you are harvesting in your field and you overlook a sheaf, do not go back to get it. Leave it for the foreigner, the fatherless and the widow, so that the LORD your God may bless you in all the work of your hands.  Deuteronomy 24:19

My family did this.  We used to glean fresh peas in the corners of the field which was left after harvest.  I still remember snapping peas with Grandma on the back porch and eating a good number of them.

• Loved it! 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,224
  • Content Per Day:  3.34
  • Days Won:  30

I might add that most of the beggars with signs on the corner are lying and make more money begging than I do.  They were written up in the newspaper locally and we were shown photos of their homes.  We were then advised to give to a reputable institution that feeds the homeless like the local downtown mission.  Most people can stand in line for free sacks of food from Second Harvest as well.

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.89
  • Days Won:  5

In this area, they are all addicts.... no exceptions . Give them coats or blankets.....they are later bartered for dope.