• Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,934
  • Content Per Day:  3.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

14 minutes ago, Debp said:

Does anyone else ever reflect upon how love, peace and thankfulness go hand in hand?   We have the peace of Christ in our hearts/lives, therefore we are able to extend love and forgiveness towards our neighbor, and even towards ourselves.   Also, there is a thankfulness in the heart of one who is in Christ.

Be thankful for what we have, even if it is little.  There are always others who have it much worse.   Look for the good things in our lives....seeing, walking, hearing....all blessings from the Lord.

Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body; and be thankful.  Colossians 3:15

All quiet here at 9.45pm Saturday. Had two close brothers in Christ over for afternoon tea/coffee/chocolate at 3pm today. My wife's freshly baked muffins and pikelets went down a treat, and then we got into the Word. Where did the time go? It was most enjoyable, so yes, yes I'm feeling the love, peace, thankfulness vibe right now, Debp.

• Loved it! 2
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,018
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,302
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

8 minutes ago, Michael37 said:

All quiet here at 9.45pm Saturday. Had two close brothers in Christ over for afternoon tea/coffee/chocolate at 3pm today. My wife's freshly baked muffins and pikelets went down a treat, and then we got into the Word. Where did the time go? It was most enjoyable, so yes, yes I'm feeling the love, peace, thankfulness vibe right now, Debp.

That sounds really nice!   Not sure what pikelets are though.... :) A New Zealand thing?   Btw, have you met nzkev.... another New Zealand guy?

• Haha 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1,192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  7,264
  • Content Per Day:  1.19
  • Days Won:  194

1 minute ago, Debp said:

That sounds really nice!   Not sure what pikelets are though.... :) A New Zealand thing?   Btw, have you met nzkev.... another New Zealand guy?

@Debp :D lol I was about to ask the same question. For I, too was wondering what pikelets are.

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,934
  • Content Per Day:  3.27
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

9 minutes ago, Debp said:

I think you might call them hotcakes. Basically biscuit (cookie) size pancakes but a bit thicker.

Pikelets__FillWzQwMCw0MDBd.jpg.090beaf43fb6817a83a8a1451654096d.jpg

I'm aware of nzkev on the forum. He lives about 4 hrs southeast of me. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  951
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,565
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

57 minutes ago, Debp said:

Does anyone else ever reflect upon how love, peace and thankfulness go hand in hand?   We have the peace of Christ in our hearts/lives, therefore we are able to extend love and forgiveness towards our neighbor, and even towards ourselves.   Also, there is a thankfulness in the heart of one who is in Christ.

Be thankful for what we have, even if it is little.  There are always others who have it much worse.   Look for the good things in our lives....seeing, walking, hearing....all blessings from the Lord.

Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body; and be thankful.  Colossians 3:15

Yes.

..."We ask you, brothers, to respect those who labor among you and are over you in the Lord and admonish you,  and to esteem them very highly in love because of their work. Be at peace among yourselves.  And we urge you, brothers, admonish the idle, encourage the fainthearted, help the weak, be patient with them all. See that no one repays anyone evil for evil, but always seek to do good to one another and to everyone.  Rejoice always,  pray without ceasing,  give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.  Do not quench the Spirit.  Do not despise prophecies, but test everything; hold fast what is good.  Abstain from every form of evil.

Now may the God of peace himself sanctify you completely, and may your whole spirit and soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.  He who calls you is faithful; he will surely do it.

Brothers, pray for us.

Greet all the brothers with a holy kiss.

I put you under oath before the Lord to have this letter read to all the brothers.

The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you." - Paul of Tarsus; as inspired and carried by God the Holy Spirit to the Church, and by extension to all that will hear and heed.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 2

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  302
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, Debp said:

So thankful for the opportunity to be alive in this world and also for the spiritual faculties that go beyond this world. A joy unspeakable! :)

We are to be always rejoicing and giving thanks. As I grow older I am more and more given to bouts of praise and thankfulness. \o/\o/\o/

Spontaneously!

Love, joy and peace with thankfulness mirror the fruit of the Spirit. So that even when we don't actually walk in the Spirit or are used directly by God we have this residue of our walk in Him. His presence changes everything.

Christ in us...a living hope of a future encounter and a motivation for a present and continuing one.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  24
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,459
  • Content Per Day:  0.60

6 But godliness with contentment is great gain. 7 For we brought nothing into the world, and we can take nothing out of it. 8 But if we have food and clothing, we will be content with that.  I Tim (6:6-8) NIV

I often spend mornings reading on our front porch with this guy laying next to me.  I'm hard pressed to find biblical references to pets, but these eyes often look up at me and remind me to slow down and stop worrying about things that likely don't matter anyway.relaxed.jpg.aeaf9eb36cb245b001c54c1afb5f7e33.jpg 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 1