• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.32
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

The Lord tells us, "Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand." A problem when we repent is that we might not be convinced our repentance is sincere. It takes a person a little while, therefore, to forgive himself. Once that hurdle is cleared, we have peace, I believe.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,224
  • Content Per Day:  3.34
  • Days Won:  30

Jhn 14:27  “Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

God's peace is from His perspective, knowing the end from the beginning.  Perfect peace.  We grow to see people and situations from His perspective.  It doesn't come immediately.  We do get a measure of peace when we obey Him in baptism, Bible reading and prayer.  Whenever we obey Him He blesses us with peace.  

Isa 26:3  Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.

We grow in our trust as we apply the word to our lives and find it trustworthy.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

You can find peace with God if you will give Him your life. 

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  950
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,524
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

7 hours ago, johnthebaptist said:

The Lord tells us, "Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand." A problem when we repent is that we might not be convinced our repentance is sincere. It takes a person a little while, therefore, to forgive himself. Once that hurdle is cleared, we have peace, I believe.

Hi, Forgive myself- ???

Hmm, I don't think so. Repentance - forgive myself.  Peace being related to forgiving myself, I really don't think so. Hope and my hope certain is in my  knowing Jesus is Lord, God, and savior. The specific call by  The Holy Spirit is what has caused my  turning sharply about from railing against God. The Spirit enabled my seeing Jesus is Lord of my shame, has always been, -  even in my state of total depravity.

Self forgiveness?  Jesus bore my shame so that I should forgive myself?  If I forgive myself to any good benefit do I not deny the total sufficiency of Jesus sacrifice and His mercy ? Jesus bore my shame, so that I am seen as pure in the sight of God the Father, not so that I can forgive myself. My peace is not dependent upon my forgiving myself. My peace that surpasses all understanding comes in spite of my awareness of my total depravity, it comes by my total dependance on the merciful sacrifice made by Jesus for me a sinner.

The accuser Satan cannot successfully condemn me in spite of my sin, because Jesus has paid by his death on the cross for every one one of them. Therein is the source of my peace, not in self any self generated forgiveness,  not in dismissing  nor forgetting that I am a sinner.

Jesus is the Lord of my shame. His mercy, His grace, His sacrifice, alone is my peace and is my hope certain.

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.32
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

3 hours ago, Neighbor said:

Hi, Forgive myself- ???

Hmm, I don't think so. Repentance - forgive myself.  Peace being related to forgiving myself, I really don't think so. Hope and my hope certain is in my  knowing Jesus is Lord, God, and savior. The specific call by  The Holy Spirit is what has caused my  turning sharply about from railing against God. The Spirit enabled my seeing Jesus is Lord of my shame, has always been, -  even in my state of total depravity.

Self forgiveness?  Jesus bore my shame so that I should forgive myself?  If I forgive myself to any good benefit do I not deny the total sufficiency of Jesus sacrifice and His mercy ? Jesus bore my shame, so that I am seen as pure in the sight of God the Father, not so that I can forgive myself. My peace is not dependent upon my forgiving myself. My peace that surpasses all understanding comes in spite of my awareness of my total depravity, it comes by my total dependance on the merciful sacrifice made by Jesus for me a sinner.

The accuser Satan cannot successfully condemn me in spite of my sin, because Jesus has paid by his death on the cross for every one one of them. Therein is the source of my peace, not in self any self generated forgiveness,  not in dismissing  nor forgetting that I am a sinner.

Jesus is the Lord of my shame. His mercy, His grace, His sacrifice, alone is my peace and is my hope certain.

The Lord taught us to repent. My experience is that repentance transformed my life. However, it didn't happen the moment I repented. It took a little while. I think the interval between my repentance and my life being transformed was the result of it taking a little while to be convinced my repentance was sincere.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  950
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,524
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

1 hour ago, johnthebaptist said:

The Lord taught us to repent. My experience is that repentance transformed my life. However, it didn't happen the moment I repented. It took a little while. I think the interval between my repentance and my life being transformed was the result of it taking a little while to be convinced my repentance was sincere.

Could be. Our Lord seems capable of turning us about without making us all the same cookie cutter shape.

As for me, I was changed in an instant, yet it was known and set in motion by God from before the beginning. From my vntage point it took 35 years to get my instant "If that it true I want it" ( Jesus is Lord and I m his bond-servant), for I was no longer a smoker of tobacco, that was a personal gift from God the  Holy Spirit given to me individually as a permanent reminder to me. I just was not the same person that smoked five packs of cigarettes a day. My vocabulary changed. I had a very different mindset. I knew of The Holy Spirit's power within me at that very instant.Repentance? I was not even the same person, I was born again. Even repentance was not of my doing, but instead was of God's alone. I was turned about 180 degrees.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  46
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

repent every morning in prayer and constantly seek the face of Jesus. Thats what bring me peace

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  904
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,642
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

17 hours ago, johnthebaptist said:

Repent! For the Kingdom is at hand.

Turn! For Grace is in your midst, and no longer Law.

Turn from unbelief to belief.

1 Peter 2:3–9 (AV)
3 If so be ye have tasted that the Lord is gracious.
4 To whom coming, as unto a living stone, disallowed indeed of men, but chosen of God, and precious,
5 Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.
6 Wherefore also it is contained in the scripture, Behold, I lay in Sion a chief corner stone, elect, precious: and he that believeth on him shall not be confounded.
7 Unto you therefore which believe he is precious: but unto them which be disobedient, the stone which the builders disallowed, the same is made the head of the corner,
8 And a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offence, even to them which stumble at the word, being disobedient: whereunto also they were appointed.
9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:

Believers in Jesus Christ are in the Kingdom already. The kingdom of priests:

Revelation 1:6 (NASB95)
6 and He has made us to be a kingdom, priests to His God and Father—to Him be the glory and the dominion forever and ever. Amen.

How PEACEFUL is that?!

Ephesians 2:14 (NASB95)
14 For He Himself is our peace, who made both groups into one and broke down the barrier of the dividing wall,

Edited by JohnD