nickm727

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  159
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

I get where youre coming from...I know a few people who have died recently who were not saved and rather than turn to God I've been a bit confused and askin God what is the point in all this...why create people in the first place if so many are gona spend it in hell being tormented for eternity? But I know God's plan was always and is always good it's us who are evil and we don't understand everything and we won't understand everything because we aren't God but we have to trust Him and what it says in His word and I know all this and I know God sending Jesus was the most humbling amazing loving merciful thing ever to be done and it truly is amazing beyond what we can comprehend but it's still hard to accept eternal punishment as somethin so many people are gona suffer ? a lot of people just can't grasp the fact that Jesus died for their sins...I have friends who have cried because they want to beliebe what I believe but for some reason they just don't get it! I'm saying this probably from a heart filled with grief right now...it nearly makes me just want to give up and walk away but I know that's not possible and is so wrong to be thinking that way ?

Edited by diane32
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Praying! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  839
  • Content Per Day:  0.44

I don't have all the answers for why God allows bad things to happen,  but I do know that the book of Job talks about suffering,  Job suffered quite alot & his friends did not help either they only made it worse,

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,065
  • Content Per Day:  7.97
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

48 minutes ago, Firm Foundation said:

Then explain why God doesn't put an end to all evil now?  He can speak the devil out of existence. No the devil was made to be eternal thus his judgement is without end forever separated from the life of God afforded him till he rebelled ... 

God Who dwells in unapproachable light
1 Tim 6:15-16
15 which He will manifest in His own time, He who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings and Lord of lords, 16 who alone has immortality, dwelling in unapproachable light, whom no man has seen or can see, to whom be honor and everlasting power. Amen. 
NKJV

knowing that this knowledge is kept solely in the righteousness of His Own Being... I can however give the testament of His Word as answer
Since sin began by our choosing the cursed world and our bodies have not been redeemed and yet the influence of both lies greatly upon us in every way by constant attack of wrong thinking - so much so this is written

1 Cor 8:2

2 And if any man think that he knoweth anything, he knoweth nothing yet as he ought to know.
KJV

thus we are left to this responsibility

Eph 4:27

27 Neither give place to the devil.
KJV

The evil and sin that is here we are not to give place to... in fact we are to supernaturally live in Col 3:all... so in reality we the born of God knowing God to be the only substance of eternity why do we give place to that which ends in the eternal lake of fire? Or better why, when we can see the begin and end of it (sin/evil), give it place now by the pressing of body or place that ends?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  16
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

22 hours ago, nickm727 said:

Yes, its evident he knows the future but does that mean that its going to be good? Is it because Satan manipulates and diverts you from the truth and you'd need to accept the Son to free you from that sin? still, bad things happen and i cant put my finger on it. Isis, school shootings, terrible things.

This is a deep question.  And the answer is love and choice.

Knowledge of good and evil, means we are provided with choices and consequences.

The problem with consequences is they involve others, and the guilty and innocent.

God appears to regard creation like a field, His word and love is sown, and left to grow and finally a harvest is taken.

As far as society is concerned it can choose how to live and relate one to another, from loving societies to ones where cannibalism is their highest ethic.

What are we to conclude?  It is unjust to allow freedom, or without freedom we would not have the chance to know God?

God considered the chance to purchase a people of His own into eternity worth the loss and failure of all who are given the precious gift of life.

2 minutes ago, LightHopeLove said:

Knowledge of good and evil, means we are provided with choices and consequences.

This is not accurate as choice was provided before the eating of ...

5 minutes ago, enoob57 said:

This is not accurate as choice was provided before the eating of ...

Before the fall, there was no suffering.  The choice of the fall, brought suffering and death.

When we are born, our rejection of love and choosing sinful behaviour brings suffering and consequences.

We are born separate from God, so in sin itself, unable to do that which is right, and always getting it wrong.

The struggle to stay alive, to grasp and maintain that which we are given brings suffering and failure along with it.

This is what I was refuting as before knowledge of good and evil we were provided choice to eat or not to...

3 minutes ago, LightHopeLove said:

Before the fall, there was no suffering.  The choice of the fall, brought suffering and death.

When we are born, our rejection of love and choosing sinful behaviour brings suffering and consequences.

We are born separate from God, so in sin itself, unable to do that which is right, and always getting it wrong.

The struggle to stay alive, to grasp and maintain that which we are given brings suffering and failure along with it.

this has nothing to do with my refute :noidea: 

36 minutes ago, enoob57 said:

This is what I was refuting as before knowledge of good and evil we were provided choice to eat or not to...

this has nothing to do with my refute :noidea: 

Suffering is the result of the choice not to walk Gods way, which is inherited from Adam and the fall.

The problem of suffering is normally argued if God truly loves us He would not permit suffering.  But without suffering there would be no choice or opportunity to get to know Him.  Suffering is innate within love, the ability to take pain and still forgive, to hope in a situation of difficulty and danger and come out victorious.

So my proposal is if you take away consequences from actions, then nothing has meaning as the outcome is always bland resolution.   And those who cannot take real risks, cannot have real responsibility or the ability to choose that which is right over that which is wrong.

Jesus declared we are co-heirs with Him reigning on His throne, so we are to carry ultimate responsibility and authority.  It appears the whole of our life experience is testing and refining this relationship with Him and the responsibility we carry in all things He has given us as stewards.

1 hour ago, LightHopeLove said:

Suffering is the result of the choice not to walk Gods way, which is inherited from Adam and the fall.

The problem of suffering is normally argued if God truly loves us He would not permit suffering.  But without suffering there would be no choice or opportunity to get to know Him.  Suffering is innate within love, the ability to take pain and still forgive, to hope in a situation of difficulty and danger and come out victorious.

So my proposal is if you take away consequences from actions, then nothing has meaning as the outcome is always bland resolution.   And those who cannot take real risks, cannot have real responsibility or the ability to choose that which is right over that which is wrong.

Jesus declared we are co-heirs with Him reigning on His throne, so we are to carry ultimate responsibility and authority.  It appears the whole of our life experience is testing and refining this relationship with Him and the responsibility we carry in all things He has given us as stewards.

this is a pulpit not a conversation thanks for your time....

• Oy Vey! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

We have evil in our world. Evil does not come from God. We can not blame God for all the evil in our world. Evil comes from Satan. Someday evil will be banished. God will triumph. We can know that God is with us.