• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.32
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

I think you will find the remarkable thing about heaven is the peace of mind we will have there, and the reason we will have peace of mind there is that we will have repented of our sin.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,679
  • Content Per Day:  1.40
  • Days Won:  16

Which heaven?  :)

• Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

20 minutes ago, Jostler said:

Which heaven?  :)

How many heavens do we have? 

Just now, missmuffet said:

How many heavens do we have? 

at least three

• Thumbs Up 4

59 minutes ago, Jostler said:

at least three

Please explain. What are those heavens and what is their purpose?

39 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

Please explain. What are those heavens and what is their purpose?

I know a man in Christ who fourteen years ago—whether in the body I do not know, or whether out of the body I do not know, God knows—such a one was caught up to the third heaven.

We can discern (prove) from Scripture there are at least  three "heavens".   The third heaven appears to be the realm where Father's Throne and His manifest presence are, and it's the  "highest" heaven we're told of that  is populated by beings having consciousness and understanding.  It is a realm of spirit (disembodied) beings but  we have  to assume at least one exception.  Since this is the heaven Jesus ascended to there is at least one man, with a physical body who is now present there.  It also seems safe to assume this is the heaven satan was kicked out of when he  rebelled.

By comparsion of Scripture with Scripture where a "heaven" is mentioned, we can discern the second heaven is the  spirit realm.  The dimension where heavenly beings, both  fallen and faithful reside as their appointed abode.  Current primary "residence" of satan and his fallen hosts, and  realm of battle between  the  two classes of heavenly beings...fallen and faithful.

The first heaven is "where birds fly" and apparently refers to at least the atmosphere around the earth itself, but likely includes this whole realm or "kosmos" as the Greek seems to indicate.  Including the planets, stars and myriad galaxies.  There is some legitimate debate as to where the first heaven ends and the second begins....some passages seem imply a significant relationship between stars and heavenly beings ....which implies stars might be included  in the second  heaven instead of the  first.  With  the lack of certainty of exactly  what the relationship between stars and the heavenly host is....it's hard to be dogmatic either way IMO.   I tend to believe the relationship is such that some kind of cross-dimensional relationship does exist, but the physical stars are part of this "heaven".   I wouldn't try to argue the point. I don't think the Bible is clear enough to be dogmatic either way.

There appears to be at least one  more "dimension" that is not described as a "heaven" but is accessible to  disembodied spirits...and that is "under the earth" usually associated with Hades.

Edited by Jostler
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  950
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,537
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

“I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of slavery.

“You shall have no other gods before me.

“You shall not make for yourself a carved image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth. You shall not bow down to them or serve them, for I the Lord your God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children to the third and the fourth generation of those who hate me,  but showing steadfast love to thousands of those who love me and keep my commandments.

49 minutes ago, Jostler said:

We can discern (prove) from Scripture there are at least  three "heavens".   The third heaven appears to be the realm where Father's Throne and His manifest presence are, and it's the  "highest" heaven we're told of that  is populated by beings having consciousness and understanding.  It is a realm of spirit (disembodied) beings but  we have  to assume at least one exception.  Since this is the heaven Jesus ascended to there is at least one man, with a physical body who is now present there.  It also seems safe to assume this is the heaven satan was kicked out of when he  rebelled.

By comparsion of Scripture with Scripture where a "heaven" is mentioned, we can discern the second heaven is the  spirit realm.  The dimension where heavenly beings, both  fallen and faithful reside as their appointed abode.  Current primary "residence" of satan and his fallen hosts, and  realm of battle between  the  two classes of heavenly beings...fallen and faithful.

The first heaven is "where birds fly" and apparently refers to at least the atmosphere around the earth itself, but likely includes this whole realm or "kosmos" as the Greek seems to indicate.  Including the planets, stars and myriad galaxies.  There is some legitimate debate as to where the first heaven ends and the second begins....some passages seem imply a significant relationship between stars and heavenly beings ....which implies stars might be included  in the second  heaven instead of the  first.  With  the lack of certainty of exactly  what the relationship between stars and the heavenly host is....it's hard to be dogmatic either way IMO.   I tend to believe the relationship is such that some kind of cross-dimensional relationship does exist, but the physical stars are part of this "heaven".   I wouldn't try to argue the point. I don't think the Bible is clear enough to be dogmatic either way.

There appears to be at least one  more "dimension" that is not described as a "heaven" but is accessible to  disembodied spirits...and that is "under the earth" usually associated with Hades.

Are you Hindu? Are you Mormon? Hinduism believes that there is 7 levels of heaven. The Mormons believe that there are three different levels of heaven. That is not biblical. There is only one heaven that believers dwell. There are different levels of reward in heaven but only one heaven. 

• Huh?  I don't get it. 2