Marriage/Connections

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  146
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

Is leaving and cleaving a daily occurance? I think I heard or read somewhere that it was in a marriage. Is it a process to disconnect-connect/replace? In some circumstances and situations does separation/separating little by little exist?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

10 minutes ago, RarexxRose said:

Is leaving and cleaving a daily occurance? I think I heard or read somewhere that it was in a marriage. Is it a process to disconnect-connect/replace? In some circumstances and situations does separation/separating little by little exist?

I really can not understand what you are asking.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  93
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

I think you're asking about leaving and cleaving in relation to closeness in relationships (?)

As we see in Genesis 2:24, scripture describes leaving parents and cleaving to the spouse. Thus the terms leaving/cleaving would best describe the marital relationship.  

I'm not sure this is a process of connect/disconnect, though replacement may be seen as the spouse leaving the parental household and becoming a new household with the other spouse. The spouses now honor their relationship together above all others.

Something else you may also be talking about are feelings of closeness or distance in a relationship, which I think would be categorically different than leaving/cleaving. I can see how that connection could be made though.  I could share thoughts on this too, but I'm not sure if that's what you're asking. :)

Edited by chrysalis09
rewording
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.66

On 5/28/2019 at 1:35 PM, RarexxRose said:

"Leaving and cleaving" is an idiom that refers to leaving home/parents/guardians direct leadership to be with one's marital spouse. It's a one-time act (although some parents need to be told one has left more than once!)

In marriage, you have three choices daily:

1) Grow closer together

2) Don't move together or apart

3) Grow more apart

Does that help?

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 year later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  1,176
  • Content Per Day:  0.85
  • Birthday:  04/29/1987

On 5/28/2019 at 6:35 PM, RarexxRose said:

It depends on "baggage"