• Topic Count:  206
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  5,608
  • Content Per Day:  2.85
  • Days Won:  33

3 hours ago, missmuffet said:

c6e223567ad8991b6da882a2511a35f6.png.e8312e3e7082cfee02e81a82ed1904bb.png

Hi @missmuffet

That is a wonderful verse. Thank you for posting that. And Amen to that Psalm!

Becky.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 2

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  806
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/21/1973

Good topic.

My mind and heart are encouraged by God's Word and Love. And promise of life with Him.

I'm so burned out by the physical problems in this body at 45; maybe 30-40 years too soon.

But I try not to let the physical affect the mind and spirit.

Tricky. I guess I need to just try to keep ignoring pain since I can't find any info in the medical world.

Edited by jeffnevins
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Praying! 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.89
  • Days Won:  5

9 hours ago, Rebecca Pickles said:

Good evening everyone,

We all go through difficult times, when we have to wait it out, pray, and trust the Lord that He will see us through. And He will. He has never, ever failed us, and has never, ever let us down, and He never will. Here's an article I read that is very encouraging for those difficult times in this life.

When We Lose Heart
By Susie Larson

www.crosswalk.com

“His divine power has given us everything we need for a godly life through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness.” 2 Peter 1:3

When John the Baptist sat in prison, most likely knowing that his execution was eminent, he battled a dark season of discouragement and doubt. According to Jesus, John was one of the greatest men who ever lived, and yet his heart and soul were weary and in need assurance that Jesus was who He said He was. John sent word to Jesus’s disciples asking if He indeed was the Messiah or if they should keep looking for someone else. Jesus answered this way:

“Go and tell John the things you have seen and heard: that the blind see, the lame walk, the lepers are cleansed, the deaf hear, the dead are raised, the poor have the gospel preached to them. And blessed is he who is not offended because of me.” Luke 7:22-23

When, like John, we are going through a painful season of waiting for God’s provision or deliverance, it’s common for us to be so focused on the angst in our heart and on the unmet desires in our lives that we forget that God has never failed us in the past. And that He has always come through at just the right time.

If you find yourself weary in the wait, step away from your current situation and recount again some of the ways that God has come through for you. Declare right now that, though you can’t see it, God is at work in your midst. He moves when you pray and He absolutely cherishes your faith. Believe it. Embrace it. Because it’s true.

And if you’re tempted to blame God for your current hardship, I encourage you to consider this a dead-end attitude, one that will derail your faith and perspective. Why blame the very One who can do something about your circumstances?

Nobody loves you like God. Nobody keeps promises like God does. And nobody has the wisdom to intervene at just the right time like God does, and God will. Jesus says that we’re blessed when we resist the impulse to blame Him or be offended by what He allows us to endure. As a matter of fact, we should look to Jesus as our example. He suffered torture, persecution, and rejection, yet Jesus never got offended with His Father.  How’s that possible?

It’s possible when you believe that the heart of your Father is always good, and that anything He allows you to endure will serve you and glorify Him in the end. Trust your good God’s promises and His process. He knows what He’s doing with your life.

This post came just in time for me.....I have a daughter who REALLY needs prayer at this time....Please remember her in your prayers .....I sincerely thank you all ...BB

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Praying! 3

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  19
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/11/1970

Thank you

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

Very encouraging! Thanks for posting it, Becky. God bless!

Shalom,

David/BeauJangles

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Praise God! 1