• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  3

On 5/29/2019 at 2:02 AM, Darrell 48 said:

I am learning so thanks first to God for his grace and mercy, second to you all for your informed insight.

The Love of God is always available.  Jesus never turns anyone away.

Hell is not filled with people who God rejected, but rather its filled with people who rejected God and Christ.

So, its really up to you, as God has already proven His great love.   He just waits for us to accept it and love Him back.

And if i might make a suggestion to you, Darrell 48........ If you are going to read more bible, then try the Gospel of John, and stop reading Hebrews.

Edited by Behold

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,625
  • Content Per Day:  0.79
  • Days Won:  1

12 hours ago, Behold said:

If you are going to read more bible, then try the Gospel of John, and stop reading Hebrews.

Don't take this advice @Darrell 48.  The whole Bible is for everyone to read.  Keep reading Hebrews and challenging it until it makes sense to you.  Don't stop reading any part because it's confusing or because someone advises you not to.

Love & Shalom

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  860
  • Content Per Day:  0.47
  • Days Won:  0

What is this warning of God ? It is very simple, people try to confuse it by excusing it. It stands.

Look dilligently to not fail of the grace of God,  MANY are defiled thereby, lacking holiness with all men. A fornicator, or profane person as Esau,  which is a defiler. These also are selling their right to Christ away, when they would have inherited the blessings as told to Abraham, but will be rejected for the same non place of repentance.Hebrews 12 at the end of the chapter continues, how much more we do not escape compared to Esau, and to have grace, not fail of the grace of God as many do as told, and serve Him acceptably unlike Esau, serve with reverence and godly FEAR, for our God is a consuming fire..

Hebrews 12:14 Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord:
15 Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you, and thereby many be defiled;
16 Lest there be any fornicator, or profane person, as Esau, who for one morsel of meat sold his birthright.
17 For ye know how that afterward, when he would have inherited the blessing, he was rejected: for he found no place of repentance, though he sought it carefully with tears.

Hebrews 12:25 See that ye refuse not him that speaketh. For if they escaped not who refused him that spake on earth, much more shall not we escape, if we turn away from him that speaketh from heaven:
28 Wherefore we receiving a kingdom which cannot be moved, let us have grace, whereby we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear:
29 For our God is a consuming fire.

Ezekiel 23:38 Moreover this they have done unto me: they have defiled my sanctuary in the same day, and have profaned my sabbaths.

Continuing. The profane, are the disobedient, ungodly, sinners, defilers, they are contrary to the sound doctrine of Christ..

1 Timothy 1:9 Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers,
10 For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine;
11 According to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, which was committed to my trust.

Now to the tears and repentance. There shall be the same weeping and gnashing of teeth, for the unprofitable servants, with the same hypocrites, when you see all the prophets in the kingdom of God and you thrust out for being workers of iniquity...

Matthew 22:13 Then said the king to the servants, Bind him hand and foot, and take him away, and cast him into outer darkness, there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Matthew 24:51 And shall cut him asunder, and appoint him his portion with the hypocrites: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Matthew 25:30 And cast ye the unprofitable servant into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Luke 13:27 But he shall say, I tell you, I know you not whence ye are; depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity.
28 There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when ye shall see Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, and all the prophets, in the kingdom of God, and you yourselves thrust out.

More for repentance.  No, it was not given, it was too late when you are cast to hell, plus having no kingdom of heaven in us in righteousness would mean we have another kingdom in us and another spirit for us instead..

Luke 16:23 And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.
24 And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.
25 But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented.
26 And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence.

Now for sin, if you bear thorns you are rejected, and any sins that hurt others are thorns, do you see the logic in this ?

Hebrews 6:4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,
5 And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,
6 If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

Hebrews 6:8 But that which beareth thorns and briers is rejected, and is nigh unto cursing; whose end is to be burned.

Matthew 7:16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,207
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Birthday:  10/10/1947

On 5/28/2019 at 5:49 PM, Darrell 48 said:

Could some one please explain the meaning of Hebrews 12:16-17 thank you

Context context context

Biblical truth can only be found within the larger conversations presented in the Bible.

The scripture in question is part of a larger group of scriptures in Hebrews 12.  Verses 14-17 are generally described as discussing Holiness or separation of one's self from the ravages of sin.

Giving up what God has given you may result in loss of peace for the rest of one's natural life.

I repeat - FOR THE REST OF ONE'S NATURAL LIFE.    Read the entire passage again.  Life is not a game wherein one simply presses the [reset] button for another try.

One's choices and actions may have permanent repercussions.   American society seems to want to forget that axiom of reality.

that's me, hollering from the choir loft.....

Edited by choir loft

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.66

Certain sins, including sexual immorality, will lead people to tears--but not stop the consequences from their acts. Trust Jesus--He has power to heal even broken sexual relationships.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  860
  • Content Per Day:  0.47

Jesus does not want to be a judge or divider over men's things.

They expected Jesus takes thought for these things.

They were answered, if you think that God is interested in your treasures, what you view as life and treasure, you are mistaken.

But if we do want the Lord to give the good things to us, we need to seek His righteousness of the Heaven He told us about and stop thinking of worldly things which will be the reason we will never enter the kingdom of Heaven at all

Luke 12:13 And one of the company said unto him, Master, speak to my brother, that he divide the inheritance with me.
14 And he said unto him, Man, who made me a judge or a divider over you?
15 And he said unto them, Take heed, and beware of covetousness: for a man's life consisteth not in the abundance of the things which he possesseth.
16 And he spake a parable unto them, saying, The ground of a certain rich man brought forth plentifully:
17 And he thought within himself, saying, What shall I do, because I have no room where to bestow my fruits?
18 And he said, This will I do: I will pull down my barns, and build greater; and there will I bestow all my fruits and my goods.
19 And I will say to my soul, Soul, thou hast much goods laid up for many years; take thine ease, eat, drink, and be merry.
20 But God said unto him, Thou fool, this night thy soul shall be required of thee: then whose shall those things be, which thou hast provided?
21 So is he that layeth up treasure for himself, and is not rich toward God.
22 And he said unto his disciples, Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat; neither for the body, what ye shall put on.
23 The life is more than meat, and the body is more than raiment.
24 Consider the ravens: for they neither sow nor reap; which neither have storehouse nor barn; and God feedeth them: how much more are ye better than the fowls?
25 And which of you with taking thought can add to his stature one cubit?
26 If ye then be not able to do that thing which is least, why take ye thought for the rest?
27 Consider the lilies how they grow: they toil not, they spin not; and yet I say unto you, that Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.
28 If then God so clothe the grass, which is to day in the field, and to morrow is cast into the oven; how much more will he clothe you, O ye of little faith?
29 And seek not ye what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink, neither be ye of doubtful mind.
30 For all these things do the nations of the world seek after: and your Father knoweth that ye have need of these things.
31 But rather seek ye the kingdom of God; and all these things shall be added unto you.

1 Corinthians 2:5 That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.
Edited by gordon7777

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  3,024
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

Transcript here: https://nakedbiblepodcast.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/NB-198-Transcript.pdf

Podcast here: https://nakedbiblepodcast.com/podcast/naked-bible-198-hebrews-12/

This should be pretty enlightening.

• 1 year later...

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,176
  • Content Per Day:  0.85
  • Birthday:  04/29/1987

On 5/28/2019 at 10:49 PM, Darrell 48 said:

16 See that no one is sexually immoral, or is godless like Esau, who for a single meal sold his inheritance rights as the oldest son. 17 Afterward, as you know, when he wanted to inherit this blessing, he was rejected. Even though he sought the blessing with tears, he could not change what he had done.

Sexual immorality is a sin, which can lead to death, i know that sex is very hard to resist, most Christians fall to sexual desires. I think it generally refers to making a mistake of selling the "spiritual birthright" and denying God and then after death seeking forgiveness with tears after realising the person were wrong. That is my understanding in layman's terms.