Emerald_Depths

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Ok. I'm going to try and share this in a way that makes sense. I hope it doesn't come out all piece meal. This is covering a time span from the end of January 2019 until present. I know it isn't finished yet.

Near the end of January while reading my Bible, I prayed for God to show me something that I needed to see. He lead me to Isaiah 32:9-20. 9-15 is a warning...the consequences of complacency. 16-20 is about the peace of God's reign. (I've prayed and studied and pored over these passages. After being lead to other passages, I've recently come to understand that the warning against complacency pertains to the Church itself.)

In the middle of March, while at work, I was talking to God in my head. All of a sudden I heard a voice as plain as day. It was as if there was someone else in the room with me. (This is the first time that I've heard Gods voice that I know of). I know it was Him because He lovingly chastised me for a few of my own shortcomings. Then He showed me a vision. He said that we (the church) are very unprepared for what's to come. There were 3 pictures and they moved somewhat fast. First was a city (I knew it to be New York city even though I've never been there) being nuclear bombed. Next were cans of food and containers of water. And lastly were packets of seeds (and I understood that after the disaster we would be able to grow food again).

The next day I was lead to Joel 2:28,29 which talks about Gods spirit poured out. After that was Ezekiel 36:26,27 which talks about about God removing the heart of stone and giving a heart of flesh. Next was Ezekiel 38 Gog attacks Israel. Then Job 17 which is a prayer for relief. Then Zechariah 3:6-10 which talks about the coming Branch (Jesus). After that it was 1 Samuel 6 The Ark of the Covenant returns to Israel. Then Nehemiah 9:28-31, it talks about the people not following God and being given over to the inhabitants of the land. Next was Psalm 119:33-48, asking God to help us walk in His ways. Then Isaiah 41:1-20 Israel is assured of Gods help. Next is 1 John 2:15-17 Do not love the world. And 1 John 2:28,29 Abide in Him that we may have confidence at his coming and not feel shame. Last is Isaiah 57:14-21 which talks about healing for the backslider.

I feel like some of this pertains to the build up of the church, while other parts pertain to the great falling away.

God lead me to all of this. There is no way I could've found all of this information myself. I've been visiting with my pastor's wife and she says I'm not the only one being shown things, but didn't go into detail. Another friend of mine said that I need to speak up and let others know. I've been unsure of what to do with the information so I've been praying about it and the other day felt the urge to share here. So. Here it is. Thank you for taking the time to read it and God bless!! ?

Edited by Emerald_Depths
mis-spellings
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,987
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  4

1 hour ago, Emerald_Depths said:

Ok. I'm going to try and share this in a way that makes sense. I hope it doesn't come out all piece meal. This is covering a time span from the end of January 2019 until present. I know it isn't finished yet.

Near the end of January while reading my Bible, I prayed for God to show me something that I needed to see. He lead me to Isaiah 32:9-20. 9-15 is a warning...the consequences of complacency. 16-20 is about the peace of God's reign. (I've prayed and studied and pored over these passages. After being lead to other passages, I've recently come to understand that the warning against complacency pertains to the Church itself.)

In the middle of March, while at work, I was talking to God in my head. All of a sudden I heard a voice as plain as day. It was as if there was someone else in the room with me. (This is the first time that I've heard Gods voice that I know of). I know it was Him because He lovingly chastised me for a few of my own shortcomings. Then He showed me a vision. He said that we (the church) are very unprepared for what's to come. There were 3 pictures and they moved somewhat fast. First was a city (I knew it to be New York city even though I've never been there) being nuclear bombed. Next were cans of food and containers of water. And lastly were packets of seeds (and I understood that after the disaster we would be able to grow food again).

The next day I was lead to Joel 2:28,29 which talks about Gods spirit poured out. After that was Ezekiel 36:26,27 which talks about about God removing the heart of stone and giving a heart of flesh. Next was Ezekiel 38 Gog attacks Israel. Then Job 17 which is a prayer for relief. Then Zechariah 3:6-10 which talks about the coming Branch (Jesus). After that it was 1 Samuel 6 The Ark of the Covenant returns to Israel. Then Nehemiah 9:28-31, it talks about the people not following God and being given over to the inhabitants of the land. Next was Psalm 119:33-48, asking God to help us walk in His ways. Then Isaiah 41:1-20 Israel is assured of Gods help. Next is 1 John 2:15-17 Do not love the world. And 1 John 2:28,29 Abide in Him that we may have confidence at his coming and not feel shame. Last is Isaiah 57:14-21 which talks about healing for the backslider.

I feel like some of this pertains to the build up of the church, while other parts pertain to the great falling away.

God lead me to all of this. There is no way I could've found all of this information myself. I've been visiting with my pastor's wife and she says I'm not the only one being shown things, but didn't go into detail. Another friend of mine said that I need to speak up and let others know. I've been unsure of what to do with the information so I've been praying about it and the other day felt the urge to share here. So. Here it is. Thank you for taking the time to read it and God bless!! ?

Thanks for sharing, Emerald_Depths.  That's consistent with how I understand prophecy.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  24
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  1,459
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  2

26 What then shall we say, brothers and sisters? When you come together, each of you has a hymn, or a word of instruction, a revelation, a tongue or an interpretation. Everything must be done so that the church may be built up.  ...   29 Two or three prophets should speak, and the others should weigh carefully what is said.  I Cor 14:26, 29  NIV

I appreciate your courage and zeal in sharing.  Some people just keep such things to themselves.  I also appreciate that you are taking this to other Christians.  Paul basically said to let everyone bring something to the body for ministry but to let it be carefully evaluated.  God touches people in order to minister to others, but we will all have times where we start stepping beyond what God wanted us to do.  That's why it's helpful for all of us to have others discern where God starts and stops and where we begin when it comes to such things.

I think that one of the first things to consider with any word from the Lord is His intended breadth and context.  Is He speaking primarily to you?  a small group of Christians around you?  A ministry or church you are in?  or to the church as a whole?   My observation is that in any type of ministry God uses us in, God usually puts us into a position to grow.  We start off small and grow as we mature and gain experience.  God usually doesn't drop someone into a church as pastor on day one. He usually starts someone with a small group of a few people and builds things from there.   Given that this is the first time you've had something like this happen, I'd lean toward it being something particular for you or a fellowship you are part of.

The first thing I would look to is what is God doing in your life.  From the testimonies I've heard over decades as well as examples of visions and dreams in Acts, God at times uses symbolism rather than literal images.  His guidance is often related to what our attitudes and actions should be rather than being a prediction of what is going to happen.   His guidance is often for the person seeing the vision or dream or a small group around them.  The image of the destruction of a center of civilization and culture followed by temporary sustenance followed by future growth could be a message of encouragement that a time of extreme transition is coming, but God will sustain you, and then lead you to a promised land where you can thrive.  I'm NOT saying that is for sure the case, just that such a message might be what a new graduate needs right now.  If a number of people in a particular ministry or church are hearing similar things, God could be sending a message to that fellowship that some type of transition or change is coming.  If several people in your church have heard similar things independently without knowing about the others, this could be a way God gives encouragement and direction and confirmation to the pastor and elders about something. 

I've been listening to people share words from the Lord about end times for over 40 years.  Few specific predictions have happened.  My sense of things is that many people read into God's words and visions their personal views about the timetable and schedule of the rapture, tribulation, falling away, millennium, resurrection, etc.  I've read writings of Christians who were part of a movement that were convinced the Lord would return in 1843.  It is interesting reading what they were saying before 1843.  It is not all that different from things I hear Christians saying today.  My sense of things is that God usually gives special revelation for individuals or local situations rather than the church at large.  In Acts, the vast majority of visions and dreams and prophecies were aimed at particular individuals or ministries for a particular situation.   I've heard a number of Christians over years give similar testimonies of such things.  I've had a few dreams in my life which were prophetic to some extent.  In each case, they were just before I woke up in the morning and I knew something was very different about that dream.  They were highly symbolic and not at all literal.  In each case, something happened within a few hours of when I woke up.  In one, my dream consisted of me trapped in a crashed car in a blizzard with a pack of wolves trying to get me.  As long as I sat still, they'd snap and snarl but couldn't touch me.  Whenever I attempted to move they could reach me.  When I woke up, I knew there was something very different about that dream compared to the typical random ones I have.   A few hours later I got called in for a meeting in which I had to face a number of accusations.  Had I not had that dream, I'd likely have fought back defending myself.  As it was, the best course of action was to not react and to do nothing.

With regards to scriptures, I would say something similar.  I'd look first toward personal application or sharing those things with Christians around you.  I've been hearing people relate various scriptures to end times prophecies for decades now.  What I usually hear are interpretations and messages which match their preconceived ideas of the end times.  What I look for in such things is what type of guidance and direction is being given relative to our attitudes and actions.  God is usually much more concerned with our spiritual growth than handing us an itinerary of what He has planned.  Another challenge too is discerning when we start getting carried away in our own enthusiasm as we read scripture and start piecing together things that aren't there.  We can begin in the Spirit and end up in the flesh so to speak.  Not knowing the context of your life or the people around you, I don't have a reference point for how strongly the scriptures you listed are speaking directly to that situation.

I've observed that words from the Lord rarely occur in a vacuum.  They are usually related to something going on in our lives (or others around us) and this happens to be a way He at times gives guidance, encouragement, and direction.   My overall sense of this is that the Lord is most likely doing something in your life or perhaps your local fellowship.

I truly intend this post in an encouraging sense and not a disparaging or negative sense.  Learning to listen and respond to what God says in the multitude of ways He often speaks is a process.  It's why Paul said to let everyone bring something to the body but to let it be carefully evaluated.  God touches people in order to minister to others, but we will all have times where we start stepping beyond what God wanted us to do.  Could this be a message for the entire body of Christ?  Possibly.  But, if it was for the entire church and as important as it might be, I think that God would be speaking this message in many different ways in many places so that it wasn't missed.   I think it's more likely something for you and perhaps your immediate fellowship or church.  I also think it's main focus is probably not so much predictive but rather instructional as to what attitudes and actions He wants His people to have.

:) 

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Thank you Gandalf. The way I understand all of it is that it is a timeline. There have been no specific times or days that things may or may not happen. I feel strongly in my spirit that this pertains to the Church. In my heart of hearts I believe that the disaster will be held back until we are as prepared as we need to be...just like Noah and the flood. The friend who encouraged me to share with my fellow Christians is doing mission work in Nigeria. He said that people there are also being shown things. I am just continuing to pray about all of it. Asking for wisdom and understanding so that I may discern what the Father is asking of me. In the meantime, I will continue to read and build on my collection of verses until God is done. Then I will just keep reading ? ?

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  6,599
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  2

On 5/28/2019 at 5:31 PM, Emerald_Depths said:

Hope you are getting the message out. Churchgoers can read about this everyday in a clear language compendium called the New Testament. 

Sadly, most just skip over the meat and go for the dessert. That lack of real nutrition will cause a lot of suffering.

• Thumbs Up 1