Debp

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,010
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,206
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

I've heard of this happening before....snakes coming through the toilets into apartments/homes!   Yikes!

https://www.fox35orlando.com/amp/news/mobile-app-news-feed/florida-man-bitten-by-python-hiding-in-toilet

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,875
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

I had an aunt that had a sewer rat come up into their toilet while she was sitting doing her business...  you should hear husband telling of the commotion that resulted.  To make it worse the thing got scared of her rant and went back down......  and it is still down there in her mind.

• Haha 3

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,875
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

16 minutes ago, Sonshine☀️ said:

I didn’t really mean to laugh … sorry. :b:

Oh, we all laughed.... after a while she did too.  I doubt any of us would have kept our cool.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

And what about this one?   And the Rattlesnake had 23 friends! 

https://www.cnn.com/2017/02/02/us/boy-toilet-snake-trnd/index.html

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.95
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

12 hours ago, Debp said:

I've heard of this happening before....snakes coming through the toilets into apartments/homes!   Yikes!

https://www.fox35orlando.com/amp/news/mobile-app-news-feed/florida-man-bitten-by-python-hiding-in-toilet

I guess it was somewhat better to be bitten in the arm, instead of where I first assumed! :b:

2 minutes ago, BeauJangles said:

I guess it was somewhat better to be bitten in the arm, instead of where I first assumed! :b:

And then there's these five stories....the Cobra fought back and escaped back down the toilet!

https://www.menshealth.com/trending-news/a19546234/snakes-swimming-in-toilets-and-biting-mans-penis/

• Oy Vey! 1

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  332
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0

This plays into a fear i've had since I was a kid.

There was a movie called Dreamcatcher, where these guys go out to these snowy woods and lodge in a cabin. Then there's this mysterious disease that surfaces on all living organisms, which is actually a form of alien parasitic infection AKA people get sick because there's an extraterrestial worm growing within them. Once it is fully grown, it exits the host body, ending the host's life in the process.

A random man shows up with the sickness, and unknowing of it, they allow him to recover at their cabin. Later in the movie, the man goes to the toilet because he feels like he has to go, but it's actually the alien worm coming out of his backside and he dies on the john. I rewatched it years later and got that it went OUT rather than IN, but as a kid, I thought that it came up through the toilet and killed the man through his rear. I was like 6 or 7 years old and it screwed me up.

To this day, if i'm sitting on the toilet and it starts making noises, I get really uneasy. I realize that some giant alien parasite isn't going to attack me, but when has fear ever been rational? 

Edited by dr3032
  • Haha 1

Sorry for your fear about that as a child....but just had to laugh at the vivid description of it all!

• Haha 1

• 3 years later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  70
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  9,871
  • Content Per Day:  7.03
  • Days Won:  93

On 5/29/2019 at 7:27 AM, other one said:

I had an aunt that had a sewer rat come up into their toilet while she was sitting doing her business...  you should hear husband telling of the commotion that resulted.  To make it worse the thing got scared of her rant and went back down......  and it is still down there in her mind.

The same thing happened to someone I know. I was in their house when it happened. Oh my, what a ruckus that proved to be. 

Edited by Marathoner
  • Haha 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  289
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Days Won:  0

The closest we came ....I went through the bathroom to empty the trash can. Looked down and saw, what I thought was a thread from a piece of carpet behind the toilet. Reached down to get it and it moved! He came around and I thought How in the world?" Saw the head and decided, I don't want to grab this guy ....I told my wife, "Watch him and I'll be right right back. Don't try to stop him if he moves." Came back with a large clear plastic Tupperware bowl. Dropped it over him. Then thought "Well this causes another delima." Went back to the itchen and came back with a plastic cutting board we use to carry steaks for the grill. Slid it under then flipped the entire thing over and told my wife. "This is the dangerous part. This is a copperhead and right now he is not too happy." He was striking the bowl over and over ......One hit and one of us would have been on our way to the hospital. "I'm going to dump him out off of the dock. Walked out on the dock and dumped him into the water ........as he hit the water BAM! 8 lb Large Mouth Bass took care of the snake. To this day we wonder how long he was in the house and how he got in ....

• Haha 1