Debp

Florida man bitten by python in toilet!

Posted (edited)

This plays into a fear i've had since I was a kid.

There was a movie called Dreamcatcher, where these guys go out to these snowy woods and lodge in a cabin. Then there's this mysterious disease that surfaces on all living organisms, which is actually a form of alien parasitic infection AKA people get sick because there's an extraterrestial worm growing within them. Once it is fully grown, it exits the host body, ending the host's life in the process.

A random man shows up with the sickness, and unknowing of it, they allow him to recover at their cabin. Later in the movie, the man goes to the toilet because he feels like he has to go, but it's actually the alien worm coming out of his backside and he dies on the john. I rewatched it years later and got that it went OUT rather than IN, but as a kid, I thought that it came up through the toilet and killed the man through his rear. I was like 6 or 7 years old and it screwed me up.

To this day, if i'm sitting on the toilet and it starts making noises, I get really uneasy. I realize that some giant alien parasite isn't going to attack me, but when has fear ever been rational? 

Edited by dr3032
  • Haha 1

Sorry for your fear about that as a child....but just had to laugh at the vivid description of it all!