We are not subject to the law when the spirit moves us

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  185
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

As Christians we are required to do what God instructs us to do when the spirit moves us. This means we are not subject to the law that goes against what God’s word says. Instead we are to put our faith in God and use faith to help us accomplish our tasks and goals. In many of our dreams we listen to the spirit when God is trying to send us a message or revelation about what’s to come in the future. When God reveals himself to us in a dream, we must follow his word because prophetic dreams are revelations from God.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,280
  • Content Per Day:  1.25
  • Days Won:  2

We must check everything in light of the Bible.  God won't go against his Word.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

12 hours ago, kdavis150 said:

As Christians we are required to do what God instructs us to do when the spirit moves us. This means we are not subject to the law that goes against what God’s word says. Instead we are to put our faith in God and use faith to help us accomplish our tasks and goals. In many of our dreams we listen to the spirit when God is trying to send us a message or revelation about what’s to come in the future. When God reveals himself to us in a dream, we must follow his word because prophetic dreams are revelations from God.

This is a troublesome area. There are certain things we can do that get us into trouble. The Lord told us what these are: Do not kill, do not commit adultery, etc. I understand that parts of the Bible were meant for the ears of the Israelites, but some people use that as an excuse to sin, and sin only makes us miserable.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Members *
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  341
  • Content Per Day:  0.18

19 hours ago, kdavis150 said:

as christians we are not free from law, everything that exists has a law to govern it from the smallest ant to the biggest elephant to the stars themselves.  there is such a thing as the law of the spirit which we should aspire to, and dreams are a poor thing to govern with, sobre judgement and doing what is right are more important

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,272
  • Content Per Day:  1.73

On 29 May 2019 at 1:51 PM, kdavis150 said:

Have you not read where Jesus said,'If you love me you will obey my commands.'

Do you not know that the 10 commandments are Jesus's commands.

God's spirit will never tell you to break one of the 10 commandments, if you have been told by a spirit to do so. You are in deep trouble, opening yourself up to the influence of evil spirits.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,868
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

2 hours ago, Who me said:

Have you not read where Jesus said,'If you love me you will obey my commands.'

Do you not know that the 10 commandments are Jesus's commands.

God's spirit will never tell you to break one of the 10 commandments, if you have been told by a spirit to do so. You are in deep trouble, opening yourself up to the influence of evil spirits.

The commandments he is speaking of are the ones he gave us himself not the ten commandments.

My question to the OP would be what comand would the spirit have us not do.

31 minutes ago, other one said:

The commandments he is speaking of are the ones he gave us himself not the ten commandments.

My question to the OP would be what comand would the spirit have us not do.

Who do you think wrote on the stone Moses cut?

Who is it that created everything that has been made?

When asked about the commandment Jesus quoted the OT to say the first command is to Love God with our mind, our strength and our soul and to love other as we love ourselves.

No where does the bible say that these commands have been revoked.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,868
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

9 hours ago, Who me said:

When asked about the commandment Jesus quoted the OT to say the first command is to Love God with our mind, our strength and our soul and to love other as we love ourselves.

Those were written for the covenant with the Israeli nation that was there during the first covenant.  The new covenant required new commandments. 

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  5

13 hours ago, Who me said:

Never revoked......just revealed that they were never intended to save, because nobody can keep them.They are weak and were meant to lead one to Jesus and His Gospel that has the Power to save.Graduate from weak to strong and get saved!

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, other one said:

Those were written for the covenant with the Israeli nation that was there during the first covenant.  The new covenant required new commandments.

Only Paul totaly disagrees with you.

Romans 7:14 We know that the law is spiritual; but I am unspiritual, sold as a slave to sin. 15 I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. 16 And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. 17 As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. 18 For I know that good itself does not dwell in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. 19 For I do not do the good I want to do, but the evil I do not want to do – this I keep on doing. 20 Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.

21 So I find this law at work: although I want to do good, evil is right there with me. 22 For in my inner being I delight in God’s law; 23 but I see another law at work in me, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within me. 24 What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body that is subject to death? 25 Thanks be to God, who delivers me through Jesus Christ our Lord!

So then, I myself in my mind I am a slave to God’s law, but in my sinful nature a slave to the law of sin.