Church practices

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  146
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

I was wondering if its a spiritual practice of some churches to allow their young people to spew all of their hate, anger, aggression, and past hurts onto another, making them their punching bag if you will, so that they could gain their freedom and let it out on people who did nothing to them and have less than they do? Am I misunderstanding something? With what I've experienced and how I took it, some churches use intimidation, yelling, and fear tactics on the congregation even changing their name to someone else's and they don't even necessarily have to say anything. I know this may sound crazy but I know I'm not. I'm sure other people have experienced this. Maybe these people didnt realize, know or care as to how much I was hearing or able to hear if you know what I mean.

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.31
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

55 minutes ago, RarexxRose said:

I was wondering if its a spiritual practice of some churches to allow their young people to spew all of their hate, anger, aggression, and past hurts onto another, making them their punching bag if you will, so that they could gain their freedom and let it out on people who did nothing to them and have less than they do? Am I misunderstanding something? With what I've experienced and how I took it, some churches use intimidation, yelling, and fear tactics on the congregation even changing their name to someone else's and they don't even necessarily have to say anything. I know this may sound crazy but I know I'm not. I'm sure other people have experienced this. Maybe these people didnt realize, know or care as to how much I was hearing or able to hear if you know what I mean.

I've never heard of this practice before. We hardly have any young people in our church.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  24
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,459
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  2

1 hour ago, RarexxRose said:

I've seen and heard strong emotions exhibited before in church but usually just spontaneously bursting out as someone deals with healing from some past trauma.  I recall one retreat where one young woman let out a blood curdling scream and start crying loudly during a prayer time.  Most of us were wide-eyed and uncertain.  The main speaker went to the microphone and quietly and calmly said that some things are like a knife wound, it hurts going in and it hurts coming out.  She shared her testimony the next day.  As it turns out, that young lady had suffered long-term abuse, had never told anyone until that night, and God did some emotional and spiritual healing in her life during that time.   This is much more typical of what I've observed with regard to emotional healing in churches and among Christians when strong emotions are exhibited.  It's spontaneous and is usually in response to God doing something.  It's not like this is a common weekly occurrence, but I've seen it at times.

My initial reaction to what is described here is that I've never seen or heard of anything like this before.  I've seen and heard many things over decades of observing Christians but this is a new one on me.  I doubt that it is a common practice in churches.   I've never heard of play acting in churches as a way of healing or changing negative emotions.  It also sounds like the youth are not being taught healthy ways of dealing with and expressing emotions but rather being taught counter-productive ways of blowing up.   This may give a bit of temporary relief but it does not deal with underlying source of problems.   I once read a great description of dealing with anger.  If anger is a sealed pot boiling on a stove, most people think there are two options:  hold the cover on tightly to try to prevent it from exploding , or take the cover off and let the steam out.  What most people don't realize is that there is a third option, take the pot off the stove.  

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

1 hour ago, RarexxRose said:

Can this practice be found in scripture, or is it a creation from man?   So often cults will practice things like this, trying to bring psychology into the church, even when it is against scripture, to control others.  If the church you are going to practices this, leave.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  3,299
  • Content Per Day:  1.72

23 hours ago, RarexxRose said:

None of what you have mentioned is found in the NT.

Church leaders are to nurture the members, to support them lovingly and what you've discribed is not this.

May I suggest that you leave this church.

If you have been on the receiving end of the above it explains your post on 'Forgiveness.'

Find a church where the member care for one another and join that church. As your church is in so much error regarding care pay no attention to any of there other theological statements etc rather look for a church that seeks to practice what they preach. Be blunt and ask the preacher whether they do this.

I suspect they already know your church by its bad reputation so will be willing to care for you.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,073
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

On 5/29/2019 at 9:08 AM, RarexxRose said:

I cangg imagine where they got the idea that is a good thing to do. 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  146
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

1 hour ago, other one said:

I cangg imagine where they got the idea that is a good thing to do. 

Idk maybe they dont realize it or they hide it or a mixture of the two. Maybe in a way everybody does it. Idk

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

On 5/29/2019 at 7:08 AM, RarexxRose said:

It sounds like that is not the best Church to attend. 

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  3,024
  • Content Per Day:  1.33
  • Days Won:  3

On 5/29/2019 at 10:08 AM, RarexxRose said:

I've never seen it, but it seems like it could be a very good idea if done properly. If not, and it was done in my church, I'd change churches.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,073
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

8 hours ago, RarexxRose said:

Idk maybe they dont realize it or they hide it or a mixture of the two. Maybe in a way everybody does it. Idk

I don't think I could remain in any organization doing that much less a church.