• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  268
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/25/2004

Has anyone been taught of multiple raptures? My rabbi teaches that there will be a firstfruits (pretrib) rapture and an ongoing rapture for those who are martyred (re: Revelation 6:9-11) as well as a rapture/resurrection that occurs at the last trumpet (re: Rev 11, 1 Corinthians 15:51-52) in addition to the resurrection at the end of the millennium (re: Rev 20:5).

It may be difficult for me to convey all that he teaches. If you have heard of this and have found insight one way or another, I appreciate your response.

Edited by NickyLouse
clarified firstfruits rapture

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  771
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,929
  • Content Per Day:  3.07
  • Days Won:  1

There will be 3 Resurrections :

1st Resurrection : The resurrection of the ancient saints of ancient centuries followed with the rapture.
: 1 Thes 4:16 For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first.

2nd Resurrection of those died by beheading in the Grief Tribulation :
Rev 20:4 and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

3rd spiritual resurrection of all deceased mankind since the time of Adam:
Rev 20:11 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.

12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

May Jesus bless you all

Edited by R. Hartono
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,192
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Birthday:  01/12/1957

There are many "raptures" or catching away that have happened.  Enoch was one.  Elijah is one.  It can be argued that Moses is one in that he was with Elijah when they appeared with Yeshua on the mount.   If you recall from Jude, the angel Michael and Satan had a tussle over the body of Moses.  So it would seem Michael took him to the Father.

it can be argued that the resurrected saints of Matthew 27 were another example. Actually that they are probably more in line with the first fruits, as the day they resurrected was on First Fruits and that Yeshua (our High Priest) told Mary not to touch Him as he had not yet ascended to the Father. As our High Priest, He would have to remain ceremonially pure to deliver the first fruits to the Father as per Leviticus 23.  Later after that was accomplished, He then appeared to everyone and even told them to touch Him to show He was not a ghost or spirit.

There was even a sideways "rapture" in the account of Phillip in Acts.  The text uses Harpazo which means caught away and in the Latin Vulgate is Rapimier or Raptus from which we get our English word Rapture.  

I also think there will be the pre-trib removal or "rapture" of the righteous. 

The two witnesses of Revelation 11 who cause the antichrist and the world grief are another example.  After they are killed and lay out in the street for 3 days, they are resurrected and caught up to the Father.  If that isn't a rapture then nothing is.

Edited by OldCoot

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

There is only one true rapture of the Church that I am aware of and that is in the near future before the 7 year tribulation. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  1,364
  • Content Per Day:  0.59

There is only one rapture of the Church found in scripture where ALL believers are caught up to meet the Lord in the air and are changed into a glorious body immediately after the dead are raised. That has always been taught as THE rapture. The other scenarios described could be called a transportation. Moses & Enoch and Elijah are probably the best examples of this. Enoch and Elijah moved into the future as witnesses in the last days. Moses, when he entered the cloud on the mount taken to the transfiguration before returning with 40 days elapsed.

Be careful of label other events as "raptures" like Philip with the Ethiopian, etc. With that kind of definition, Satan also does raptures, like taking Jesus to the top of the temple. No, we don't need a rapture fest by redefining and combining to make new raptures. This a strategy to get the pre trib theory out of the corner it has painted itself into.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,624
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  2

On 6/21/2019 at 11:15 PM, missmuffet said:

There is only one true rapture of the Church that I am aware of and that is in the near future before the 7 year tribulation. 

No such thing as a 7 year tribulation.

On 6/21/2019 at 9:38 PM, OldCoot said:

There was even a sideways "rapture" in the account of Phillip in Acts.  The text uses Harpazo which means caught away and in the Latin Vulgate is Rapimier or Raptus from which we get our English word Rapture.  

Yeah well the Vulgate ain't the standard. 

726 harpázō – properly, seize by force; snatch up, suddenly and decisively – like someone seizing bounty (spoil, a prize); to take by an open display of force (i.e. not covertly or secretly). Relying on this term shows the gathering is not in secret.

I also think there will be the pre-trib removal or "rapture" of the righteous. 

Great! Personal opinion.

The two witnesses of Revelation 11 who cause the antichrist and the world grief are another example.  After they are killed and lay out in the street for 3 days, they are resurrected and caught up to the Father.  If that isn't a rapture then nothing is.

Scripture has no clue as to what a 'rapture' is. Neither the term nor the idea appear in all of holy writ. But feel free to loosely define the event in any way you see fit. Just be prepared when you have to answer for it when the time comes.

On 5/29/2019 at 1:02 PM, NickyLouse said:

Has anyone been taught of multiple raptures? My rabbi teaches that there will be a firstfruits (pretrib) rapture and an ongoing rapture for those who are martyred (re: Revelation 6:9-11) as well as a rapture/resurrection that occurs at the last trumpet (re: Rev 11, 1 Corinthians 15:51-52) in addition to the resurrection at the end of the millennium (re: Rev 20:5).

It may be difficult for me to convey all that he teaches. If you have heard of this and have found insight one way or another, I appreciate your response.

Scripture records no 'raptures', but it does record two vast resurrections.

1st

4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and [I saw] the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received [his] mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years. 5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This [is] the first resurrection. - Rev 20

14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep inJesus will God bring with him. 15For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive [and] remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep. 16For the Lord himself shall descendfrom heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: 17 Then we which are alive [and] remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. - 1 Thess 4

2nd

5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. -Rev 20

12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is [the book] of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works. 13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works. 14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. 15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire. - Rev 20

Edited by Diaste
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  1,364
  • Content Per Day:  0.59

3 hours ago, Diaste said:

I concur.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

3 hours ago, Diaste said:

Yes, there is. Have you ever read the book of Revelation? Or do you give the words your own meaning?