• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  873
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Days Won:  0

On 5/30/2019 at 3:44 PM, loverofhumanity said:

How do you deal with the accusation that God committed genocide against the Amalekites by ordering the extermination Of  every man, woman and infant? 

The Bible does say God ordered the killing of all people, in certain cases. 

The purpose included, in my understanding, that He wanted to make sure the Amalekites did not influence the Jews to go against God. They were anti-God people. I consider that even an infant could already have the evil spirit of the child's parents; so God ordered all to be killed.

But Jesus came and says He is not interested in killing people who are wrong or a threat; but Jesus came that any and all people can be saved. But this works only through Jesus. 

In the Old Testament we see how things work . . . without Jesus. Without Jesus in the mix, God used the Law of Moses and death of evil people.

So, in the early scriptures, in my opinion, we see different examples of how things work because of Jesus not coming, yet. It shows what methods can be needed to handle sin when there is not the way which Jesus came to establish. So, things in the early scripture are an object lesson, so now we can see how important it is that Jesus came and died for our sins.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  5

On 5/30/2019 at 2:07 PM, loverofhumanity said:

Of course Jesus is my Lord and Saviour but I’m not a member of any Christian organisation as I side with Jesus and the Bible not any denomination.  That way I can accept the truth as I understand it.

Are you a member of the Body of Christ? That is all that matters.

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  26
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

The Spirit Of Jesus runs through all my veins and is the beat of my heart. I am unworthy to even mention His glorious Name.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,602
  • Content Per Day:  4.02
  • Days Won:  21

Very few know the Tanach well. I think it is hard to understand the apostles writings unless you can really understand the 'old testament' very well. Israelis hate it when we call it 'the old testament' because it is their scriptures and also should be ours. The Torah and Tanach gives us a glimpse of God's character and if we understand it all, we will also understand His so-called harsh treatment of His enemies. He never does anything that He will not follow thru with by sacrificing Himself for His Creation - both for His hosts of heaven and His humans. They ALL belong to Him, and essentially He can do as He sees fit without asking our permission. The fact that He took the time and opportunity to explain Himself so very completely underlines His character and Love of freedom.

Freedom to choose. Freedom to believe. Freedom to turn your back and denounce Him. Freedom!!

• 11 months later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,176
  • Content Per Day:  0.87
  • Birthday:  04/29/1987

On 5/30/2019 at 5:38 PM, loverofhumanity said:

Hi everyone.

I’m new here and I thank you for having me. 

Sometimes I get some really hard questions asked of me because I defend and uphold the Bible. I’ve bought commentaries and looked online but sometimes people are the best resource so I came here. 

I’m not a Christian but I believe in Jesus that He was of God and the Bible is the Word of God so is it still alright if I ask a question as it will help me defend the Bible better? 

So im courteously asking if it’s alright first as I don’t want to upset or offend anyone. 

If you believe Jesus is god and you believe the bible is the word of God, its a great start and can give you spiritual potential and knowledge without limit.