Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
cantankerous5

how much news should a Christian watch?

Recommended Posts

32 minutes ago, johnthebaptist said:

I won't watch anything but Fox News nowadays, because it seems like the other networks just want to get rid of the president. I turn the news on at 11:00 while I have lunch and 3:00 while I have the first part of my supper. Frequently I'll turn it on for a while at 6:00 and listen to a bit of Hannity, though that's more opinion (opinion I agree with) than news.

In the States, Americans are witnessing a milestone.   It is the fact that the news media in the USA, has OPENLY and PROUDLY  become the enemy of morality. The enemy of Jesus, of Israel, of the Constitution, of God ordained marriage and sex.

The New media in the USA, is become a change agent, that is designed to destroy innocence in the young, and lead them to the Devil.

The Gov, the Democrat Party, the majority of them, hate the USA, they hate what it represents, and they want to tear it down and rebuild it as a socialistic nightmare like you find in most other countries where Health care is awful, borders have no security, and morality is not even a clearly defined idea or ideal.

  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/30/2019 at 11:12 AM, cantankerous5 said:

I watch a lot of news (not lib news or what some call fake news, although I often wonder if we get the "whole story" anywhere)

But I am getting burnt out on doing this because it seems it is always about celebrities and famous people and etc... It is only about everyday people when there is a natural disaster or something like that.

So I am wondering how much news you people watch, if any? I used to not watch any but a few yrs ago, I began to watch a lot because I had some work-related issues and was not able to work as much as I wanted and so.. had time on my hands. I am not sure I have as much time anymore but in any case... just want to hear from others, esp those who have been more/less closely following current events..

I work in finance so part of my job involves keeping an eye on the markets and things that affect them. Clients may bring up something, such as the trade thing with China, so I need to be able to discuss it with them in a manner other than, "Uh . . . I haven't heard that . . . "  :laugh:  So I keep the news at arm's length. Meaning I don't watch it on TV, but read it on the news (local, national, and international) sites instead. It takes the talking heads and video out of the way, and different nation's news sites are going to have different perspectives on what's going on. I'll check market stuff on and off through out the business day, and the rest of the stuff not nearly so often. Politics bores me - especially that circus in Washington D.C.

My main focus is on keeping an eye out for things the Lord would have me pray for. Like the salvation of our government leaders, the persecuted church, and that sort of thing. Affairs in the Middle East is important too, but I like to keep a general eye on the goings on because I don't like nasty surprises. I can't do much to change things, except to pray about them and leave it in God's capable hands. I found that I have extra time to spend in God's word instead of the TV news . . . and I think that's the best place to spend it.

 

  • Loved it! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, johnthebaptist said:

I won't watch anything but Fox News nowadays, because it seems like the other networks just want to get rid of the president. I turn the news on at 11:00 while I have lunch and 3:00 while I have the first part of my supper. Frequently I'll turn it on for a while at 6:00 and listen to a bit of Hannity, though that's more opinion (opinion I agree with) than news.

The more they discuss Trump the less I watch the news. 

  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Praise God! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Behold said:

In the States, Americans are witnessing a milestone.   It is the fact that the news media in the USA, has OPENLY and PROUDLY  become the enemy of morality. The enemy of Jesus, of Israel, of the Constitution, of God ordained marriage and sex.

The New media in the USA, is become a change agent, that is designed to destroy innocence in the young, and lead them to the Devil.

The Gov, the Democrat Party, the majority of them, hate the USA, they hate what it represents, and they want to tear it down and rebuild it as a socialistic nightmare like you find in most other countries where Health care is awful, borders have no security, and morality is not even a clearly defined idea or ideal.

They want to usher in sexual immorality.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎5‎/‎31‎/‎2019 at 12:44 PM, Behold said:

In the States, Americans are witnessing a milestone.   It is the fact that the news media in the USA, has OPENLY and PROUDLY  become the enemy of morality. The enemy of Jesus, of Israel, of the Constitution, of God ordained marriage and sex.

The New media in the USA, is become a change agent, that is designed to destroy innocence in the young, and lead them to the Devil.

The Gov, the Democrat Party, the majority of them, hate the USA, they hate what it represents, and they want to tear it down and rebuild it as a socialistic nightmare like you find in most other countries where Health care is awful, borders have no security, and morality is not even a clearly defined idea or ideal.

Seems like the change agents are everywhere doing the same thing , in secular and in churches .    Cause all these change agents in churches sure are

trodding truth under foot for sake of unity and peace .    Like a total madhouse today .    And honoring what GOD calls wicked and calling wicked those who would make a difference

and do proclaim truth .     I wont heed a one of them .  Not a one .   NO not even a one .     And frankly I care less if in time this costs me Every ounce of it all .  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Political IDENTITY has NO PLACE in the House OF GOD .     This IDENTITY POLITICS ,  NEEDS TO GO .     And no worries I will be on double warn duty against any ounce of it

I see trying to creep in here .    God don't give us the mind that we identify with SIN .   JESUS came to set us free from sin , not TO IDENITFY it as how we were made

or etc .    SO I don't heed those who focus on feelings of identity politics .   We better all do the same and fast .   Cause this will totally destroy , in time what was left

of many churches .    NO ...........MORE ..................IDENTITY ...................POLITICS .................in the HOUSE of GOD . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How much news should a Christian watch .   VERY LITTLE .   For most of it is biased anyway .    And all I ever hear are politics playing war games with one another .

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/31/2019 at 3:44 PM, Behold said:

the Democrat Party, the majority of them, hate the USA, they hate what it represents

No we don't.  :blink:

  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 5/31/2019 at 6:26 AM, Debp said:

I also watch a little of NHK, the Japanese station....

hi 

If you are interested in asian news.. I am wondering if you have tried some other news channels too.. such as Channel News Asia?  It is singaporean.  But not sure if it is accessible in Usa though.

Just a thought  :)

 

Edited by just_abc
  • Loved it! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, just_abc said:

hi 

If you are interested in asian news.. I am wondering if you have tried some other news channels too.. such as Channel News Asia?  It is singaporean.  But not sure if it is accessible in Usa though.

Just a thought  :)

 

Hi, thanks alot!   I only have regular TV so never saw Channel News Asia.   But I could check it out on the internet.   NHK also includes an anchor woman segment from Bangkok which is nice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...