Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
cantankerous5

how much news should a Christian watch?

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
On 6/1/2019 at 4:55 PM, LadyKay said:

No we don't.  :blink:

Here is what i believe about the Democrat Party.

I believe that everything that CNN and MSNBC preach, and everything that Nanci Pelosi says, ......all of this, is like the Bible for the Democrat.

I don't know of any  DEMS who are FOR "adult gun ownership".....or any who are FOR "building the wall".....or any who are FOR "undoing Roe V Wade".    I don't know of any Democrat who isn't for "gay rights", "transgender rights", and teaching 6 yrs olds in elementary school the idea that "gay is ok for them if they want to be"...   I know of no Democrat who is not for Globalism or who isn't 100 percent sure the "Global warming" really matters.   I know of not one single Dem who understands that there is no such thing as a "Palestinian".....That this is a term created about 45 yrs ago that was adopted as the ARABS new identity.  But its just a very recent concept, yet, the Dems and the Dem party want to push Israel out of Israel and give it all to the Arabs...(Palestinians).

So, all of this, and i could list a lot more, is what MSNBC, ABC, NBC, CBS, and CNN.  "NEWS" ... preach.....24/7, and every Dem i know watches them preach it as if its TRUTH.

 

So, if you are not one of the above, then good for you.....

Edited by Behold
  • Loved it! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/10/2019 at 3:33 PM, Behold said:

Here is what i believe about the Democrat Party.

I believe that everything that CNN and MSNBC preach, and everything that Nanci Pelosi says, ......all of this, is like the Bible for the Democrat.

I don't know of any  DEMS who are FOR "adult gun ownership".....or any who are FOR "building the wall".....or any who are FOR "undoing Roe V Wade".    I don't know of any Democrat who isn't for "gay rights", "transgender rights", and teaching 6 yrs olds in elementary school the idea that "gay is ok for them if they want to be"...   I know of no Democrat who is not for Globalism or who isn't 100 percent sure the "Global warming" really matters.   I know of not one single Dem who understands that there is no such thing as a "Palestinian".....That this is a term created about 45 yrs ago that was adopted as the ARABS new identity.  But its just a very recent concept, yet, the Dems and the Dem party want to push Israel out of Israel and give it all to the Arabs...(Palestinians).

So, all of this, and i could list a lot more, is what MSNBC, ABC, NBC, CBS, and CNN.  "NEWS" ... preach.....24/7, and every Dem i know watches them preach it as if its TRUTH.

 

So, if you are not one of the above, then good for you.....

I am not sure if it is appropriate to turn this thread into a political attack.   The topic of the thread was opinions  on how much news a Christian should watch.  Not a bashing of political parties. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well anyway back to the topic. I don't think there is a set number of how much news a Christian should watch. This is a personal choice between you and God. Though I do think that as Christians we need to be informed of what is taking place in the world. So really the answer is it is up to you personally how much news you think you should be watching.  Anything can be over done and done too much. If we find that our news watching is starting to interfere with our walk and time with Christ, then that is an issue. Like anything else in life that we maybe tempted to put before God. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LadyKay said:

Well anyway back to the topic. I don't think there is a set number of how much news a Christian should watch. This is a personal choice between you and God. Though I do think that as Christians we need to be informed of what is taking place in the world. So really the answer is it is up to you personally how much news you think you should be watching.  Anything can be over done and done too much. If we find that our news watching is starting to interfere with our walk and time with Christ, then that is an issue. Like anything else in life that we maybe tempted to put before God. 

Yes, like anything in life that is a temptation or if it is something that lies to us, to keep us from Christ.

Thus to the point - have you seen the "fake news" revelations on national television the last five years or so ?

What is being broadcast on television , no matter what channel or group,  is not reliable.  It is almost all fake.

So how would you hope to learn (BE INFORMED)? of what is taking place in the world , since "they" who are in charge

of television are NOT BROADCASTING the truth about what is taking place in the world ?

Just like catholicism,  what is a lie is told to the people (audience, television viewers) as if it is truth ! 

And the truth is dismissed, ignored, and called a lie.   Those people who DO TELL TRUTH,  are attacked and silenced as much as possible, 

not broadcast on television or internet media as if to let people know the truth.

Yes,  the world is not just that bad,  it is far worse !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, simplejeff said:

What is being broadcast on television , no matter what channel or group,  is not reliable.  It is almost all fake.

I'm not sure where this is coming from. Well no, I do have an ideal where it is coming from. It has to do with the guy in the Whitehouse.   But to each there own I guess. If you think that all News is fake then don't watch it.  As for me, how I become informed?   I pick News from many different sources and compare what is being said.  Then I have a "wait and see" attitude about all of it.   I don't go running around screaming that the sky is falling at the first News report of trouble. I do my research and look into things.  But like I said, to each their own. If in your mind all News on TV is "fake". Well no one is saying you have to watch it. Just ignore it all if that is what makes you happy. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, LadyKay said:

I'm not sure where this is coming from. Well no, I do have an ideal where it is coming from. It has to do with the guy in the Whitehouse.   But to each there own I guess. If you think that all News is fake then don't watch it.  As for me, how I become informed?   I pick News from many different sources and compare what is being said.  Then I have a "wait and see" attitude about all of it.   I don't go running around screaming that the sky is falling at the first News report of trouble. I do my research and look into things.  But like I said, to each their own. If in your mind all News on TV is "fake". Well no one is saying you have to watch it. Just ignore it all if that is what makes you happy. :)

Abiding in Jesus , in union with Him, is the strength of my joy,  and has nothing to do with any of the news of the world. (what you see) in the news is always deceptive , and meant to be deceptive, and meant to keep you entertained while being deceived.

This has been true pretty much since before you were even thought of, before you were born,

and has nothing to do with the whitehouse or any other living politician. 

It is the system,  totally corrupt , or as Scripture says, not just deceptive, but death dealing (pernicious).

No one is saying you have to watch it,  but the devil and his demons all love it when people watch the news.

All the Ekklesia ignore the worldly news ,  and the devil hates it, (that we cannot be deceived by it/ him).

Edited by simplejeff

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

Abiding in Jesus , in union with Him, is the strength of my joy,  and has nothing to do with any of the news of the world. (what you see) in the news is always deceptive , and meant to be deceptive, and meant to keep you entertained while being deceived.

This has been true pretty much since before you were even thought of, before you were born,

and has nothing to do with the whitehouse or any other living politician. 

It is the system,  totally corrupt , or as Scripture says, not just deceptive, but death dealing (pernicious).

No one is saying you have to watch it,  but the devil and his demons all love it when people watch the news.

All the Ekklesia ignore the worldly news ,  and the devil hates it, (that we cannot be deceived by it/ him).

Perhaps Worthy needs to do away with its News forum. If what you say is true,that the devil loves it when we watch the News. I asume that applies to reading it also.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

Perhaps Worthy needs to do away with its News forum. If what you say is true,that the devil loves it when we watch the News. I asume that applies to reading it also.

Why ?   The News forum is exactly what is wanted.  (for this site).

2 hours ago, LadyKay said:

no one is saying you have to watch it.  ....

 

What I post is truth.  Test everything, all the time, no matter who posts it.   It is rare to find the truth without compromise .

Of course it applies to reading - take care what you listen to , what you read,  as in GUARD YOUR HEART and MIND,   as God's Word Says,  

AND let Christ Jesus Himself GUARD YOUR HEART AND MIND AND SOUL,  as written.  (is He GUARDING your heart and mind and soul as written ? )      If so,   like with the helmet of salvation ,   then the weapons of the devil, in the continual warfare in and for your mind and your soul,   will not prosper but will fail.

Edited by simplejeff

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...