cantankerous5

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  119
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

i often feel that way. I remember once I was around this person who just exuded evil. I prayed and prayed (was not able to get away at that particular moment) but the feeling of evil persisted. It dissipated but persisted.

do you go through this often? just wondering how common it may be

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  146
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

Sometimes I do but for only moments at a time. A guy I liked, even wanted to marry liked/"healed" someone else at a HORRIBLE and dark time for me where I was at my lowest and so desperately needed help. He tried to cover it up by saying "oh well I helped her because she was working" and "you need to learn how to love" (which was the worst for me) just covering the fact that he wanted me to be her and/or be like her. His nonchalant and flippant spirit just added to my hurt and pain as I was learning about spiritual things that he and the girl were already well aware of. They even had the audacity one time to say "oh she's like our spiritual daughter" which only added insult to injury. There's a whole lot more to the story but I'll just stop here. But getting back to your post unforunately the thought does happen more often than I'd like to admit but its a great opportunity for God to show up in a big way.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  119
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

On 6/1/2019 at 7:47 AM, RarexxRose said:

Sometimes I do but for only moments at a time. A guy I liked, even wanted to marry liked/"healed" someone else at a HORRIBLE and dark time for me where I was at my lowest and so desperately needed help. He tried to cover it up by saying "oh well I helped her because she was working" and "you need to learn how to love" (which was the worst for me) just covering the fact that he wanted me to be her and/or be like her. His nonchalant and flippant spirit just added to my hurt and pain as I was learning about spiritual things that he and the girl were already well aware of. They even had the audacity one time to say "oh she's like our spiritual daughter" which only added insult to injury. There's a whole lot more to the story but I'll just stop here. But getting back to your post unforunately the thought does happen more often than I'd like to admit but its a great opportunity for God to show up in a big way.

I'm sorry.. I don't understand what you are saying.

I do understand how flip attitudes can hurt.. 

and i can relate to the "horrible and dark time for me" as I.. and all of us have been there. I know all of us have been there bc I know how the world treats Christians! I have been persecuted by so called Christians and I have to tell you, they are the worst of the worst.. those who claim to be Christian but are not. You trust them because they go to your church and etc.. but they are more evil than those who don't bother going to church.. 

anyway, I pray for you, even though I don't (but would like to) undestand what you wrote in that first few sentences.. 

God bless

Edited by cantankerous5
clarity

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  146
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

On 6/8/2019 at 10:49 AM, cantankerous5 said:

I'm sorry.. I don't understand what you are saying.

I do understand how flip attitudes can hurt.. 

and i can relate to the "horrible and dark time for me" as I.. and all of us have been there. I know all of us have been there bc I know how the world treats Christians! I have been persecuted by so called Christians and I have to tell you, they are the worst of the worst.. those who claim to be Christian but are not. You trust them because they go to your church and etc.. but they are more evil than those who don't bother going to church.. 

anyway, I pray for you, even though I don't (but would like to) undestand what you wrote in that first few sentences.. 

God bless

I'm sorry that you too know the pain and hurt caused by "church people who are worse than the ones who don't go to church" but its nice recieving a response from someone who truly understands so thank you. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

On 5/30/2019 at 4:27 PM, cantankerous5 said:

i often feel that way. I remember once I was around this person who just exuded evil. I prayed and prayed (was not able to get away at that particular moment) but the feeling of evil persisted. It dissipated but persisted.

do you go through this often? just wondering how common it may be

Many people, multitudes,  may "feel" the devil wins daily in their lives,  because he does win daily in their lives.

When they are offered salvation,  freedom from the devil's power, from the power of sin, and from the power of the world.

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  21
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

No.  The acknowledgment of evil has helped to turn me towards God and follow the path of Jesus Christ.  I'm not special, something similar happened to Paul, for instance.

The devil may win battles, but he will not win the war.  The war is mostly spiritual, and although the devil may win a lot of battles on earth (but not all, or even most IMO), the devil cannot win the spiritual war.  That is because the Good & the True are Eternal.  The evil and the lie are temporary and unsustainable. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

download.jpg.09d8e2c51da87f3e0a3da5a4ecb8cfce.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

do you feel the devil always wins?

1 hour ago, logos_rising said:

The devil may win battles, but he will not win the war. 

I would have to wholeheartedly agree with the above quoted statement. Can't say it will cause me any sorrow knowing the Lake of Fire will be his, and all his buddy's final destination. 

Edited by BeauJangles
  • Thumbs Up 2

• 4 weeks later...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,605
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

Someone once said, it is hard to soar with eagles when you are stuck in the chicken coop.

Our Lord Yeshua has put ALL THINGS UNDER HIS FEET, and as the righteous in Christ, we should feel this victory more than we do. We ought to be reigning with Him over all this 'stuff' but it seems that at times, the very brothers and sister that should come alongside and support us seem to be actually attacking us in our weakness.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,154
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

everything boils down to an obedience to God's Word and The Spirit through Paul says

Eph 4:27

27 Neither give place to the devil.
KJV

As the Scripture tell us that there is no longer place in heaven for them

Rev 12:7-11

7 And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,

8 And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven.

9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

10 And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.

11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.
KJV

Now that they are here because we gave it to them we are to heed the control of ourselves regarding fear

Matt 10:28

28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.
KJV

if we do this correctly we have no fear of evil nor give it place for we are sustained by His promises
https://bible.org/question/statement-“god-will-not-put-more-me-i-can-bear”-true