what are ghosts, really? demons?

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  119
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

I used to think that ghosts were nothing more than demonic activity and that could still be the case, i suppose

but then i found out there is a ghost of Abraham Lincoln who occupies the White House. What is interesting is that some people see him but others do not (the Clintons didn't, assuming they would report on it if they did..), and so i wonder why that is..

Some ambassador (or his wife?) from the Netherlands visited the White House once and saw Lincoln and promptly fainted--LOL

Churchill saw Lincoln's ghost also, and from then on, avoided going in the room where he saw  him.. funny to think of Churchill scared..

Lincoln was a good person who read the whole Bible and tried to live by it.. faithful to his wife, a good father, etc.. so I don't think his soul is in Hell and manifesting on Earth somehow. I know I am not God and don't know the condtion of anyone's soul but i just don't think he went to Hell

Maybe the devil is capable of causing these kinds of images? I just find the whole thing perplexing

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  93
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

Hi cantakerous5,

I think the devil is capable of causing these images. I think he's probably also the mastermind of Mary sightings. He's a wicked genius of the extent we don't really know, so it would be pretty cunning for him to use a well respected man such as Lincoln in his devices.

Edited by chrysalis09
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

On 5/30/2019 at 1:35 PM, cantankerous5 said:

I used to think that ghosts were nothing more than demonic activity and that could still be the case, i suppose

but then i found out there is a ghost of Abraham Lincoln who occupies the White House. What is interesting is that some people see him but others do not (the Clintons didn't, assuming they would report on it if they did..), and so i wonder why that is..

Some ambassador (or his wife?) from the Netherlands visited the White House once and saw Lincoln and promptly fainted--LOL

Churchill saw Lincoln's ghost also, and from then on, avoided going in the room where he saw  him.. funny to think of Churchill scared..

Lincoln was a good person who read the whole Bible and tried to live by it.. faithful to his wife, a good father, etc.. so I don't think his soul is in Hell and manifesting on Earth somehow. I know I am not God and don't know the condtion of anyone's soul but i just don't think he went to Hell

Maybe the devil is capable of causing these kinds of images? I just find the whole thing perplexing

There is no such thing as ghosts. When a person dies their body remains in the grave but their soul goes either to heaven or Hades depending on if they were a believer. They do not wonder through out the earth. Yes, if people see what they think is a ghost it is probably a demon. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.95
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

On 5/30/2019 at 1:35 PM, cantankerous5 said:

Yes indeed, the devil is capable of making illusions and other mysterious sightings. And I would also concur with all the others here on this thread so far. There are no ghosts. God bless!

Shalom, 

David/BeauJangles

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  149
  • Content Per Day:  0.08

There was only ever one time where there was a dead person who came back as a ghost. Samuel when Saul went to see the witch at Endor. God sent Samuel back to tell Saul off. The witch wouldn't have freaked out otherwise. Before that and ever since then what we call ghosts have been one of three things depending on the situation, a demon, a hoax, or somebody's imagination.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.67

On 5/30/2019 at 4:35 PM, cantankerous5 said:

Supernatural appearances can only be four things, pray to discern which of the four:

1) God

2) The devil/demons

3) Charlatans/fakers

4) Confused people misunderstanding natural phenomena

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  20

On 5/30/2019 at 3:35 PM, cantankerous5 said:

Deomoic activity is fully present in every area of rome.     They deceive as many as they can, both members, those born into it, and those lured into it,  every day, seeking to destroy their souls.  They also

"manifest" demons and illusions daily around the world as servants of darkness, to deceive whole towns demonically or with holograms (fairly common also).

The demons may appear as Jesus, as Mary,  as the President, or as someone's relative. 

Thus, whatever is most likely to deceive,  that is what they do.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,165
  • Content Per Day:  1.22

On 6/3/2019 at 12:57 PM, EllaGrace said:

There was only ever one time where there was a dead person who came back as a ghost. Samuel when Saul went to see the witch at Endor. God sent Samuel back to tell Saul off. The witch wouldn't have freaked out otherwise. Before that and ever since then what we call ghosts have been one of three things depending on the situation, a demon, a hoax, or somebody's imagination. 

Blessings in Christ Jesus EllaGrace;

Gods Word is consistent through and through, His word does not change.

In the book of 1Samuel where we find the story concerning Saul , the witch of Endor, and the spirit she brough up, it was not Samuel that appeared but a demon impersonating the deceased Samuel. If you read carefully you will see that that same demon impersonating Samuel says to Saul that not only should he not have consulted a witch but that tomorrow he would end up in hell with him.   The dead in God remain with God and do not communicate with people on earth,  andthe dead in satan do not go where Gods people go.  It was a demon not Samuel that came to saul through the witch of Endor

God did not make an exception for a rebellious Saul. With continual disobedience to God, Saul sealed his fate in hell. He is now with the demon not anywhere near where Samuel is, just like the demon impersonating Samuel said he would be.

Again Gods Word and Laws are fixed and do not changeand they certainly did not change for a rebellious man like Saul.

In Christ Jesus Always.

1to3

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  20

On 6/3/2019 at 11:57 AM, EllaGrace said:

The witch wouldn't have freaked out otherwise.

She was terrified when she learned that it was King Saul in disguise asking her to consult the dead which was forbidden (he had the power and the right to have her executed as a witch)....

that's what freaked her out as you put it.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1